*PAWNO ON THE CLOCK! Redistribution of NBA Talent 2013!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:21 am
Guybrush wrote:
8th ave wrote:WHAT ABOUT MY 2K13 FANTASY DRAFT IDEA?! We can have computer autopick that for the teams we dont want.

I'd be fine with that as well...but, 32 likes the idea of having multiple attempts to make the best team, it seems. ::razz:

It's just, traditionally, we've had users picking for multiple team's. It's fun to strategize different rosters and see how they come out; one team might be run-and-gun, another might have great bigs, etc. Using a 2K simulater means that the majority of the draft is automated, while only 5 or 6 teams actually matter. It's just like... What's the point, I guess. But right now, you guys have me beat, 2-1, so it's really up to Blackfoot, PAWNO, and JREED as to how they wanna proceed.

No worries, migs. Next year, brother!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:42 am
I'll play. I know I have been relatively MIA (busy life being a teacher), but now that school year is ending, I'll be in here more. SO count me in.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:40 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I'll play. I know I have been relatively MIA (busy life being a teacher), but now that school year is ending, I'll be in here more. SO count me in.

I didn't know you were a teacher, C. Where do you teach at?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:28 pm
32's idea crumbling before his eyes GIF

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:33 pm
You know what guys, My Honest Opinion!!!

I'd like to do a hall of fame from every era dreamteam snake draft!!!

We could have
Migs
Blackfoot
Pawndog
Guybrush
Mr.Crackerz
Jreed

And do all the nba eras.

I could probably make up one of our infamous google spreadsheets that I conduct the drafts on the forum. But considering I've been slack and haven't even awarded the winner of the NFL Crystalball thread final result, It'd be a stretch to think id get all the editing right (But Guybrush, Jreed etc have all helped in the fantasy football season, I could teach 32 how it works. Maybe I could twist BeastMode arm and see if he'd be keen on doing this ****)

32, If we get a fairly conscientious idea that this is the way to go would you be keen on changing the subjevt of this thread?
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:06 pm
PAWNO wrote:You know what guys, My Honest Opinion!!!

I'd like to do a hall of fame from every era dreamteam snake draft!!!

We could have
Migs
Blackfoot
Pawndog
Guybrush
Mr.Crackerz
Jreed

And do all the nba eras.

I could probably make up one of our infamous google spreadsheets that I conduct the drafts on the forum. But considering I've been slack and haven't even awarded the winner of the NFL Crystalball thread final result, It'd be a stretch to think id get all the editing right (But Guybrush, Jreed etc have all helped in the fantasy football season, I could teach 32 how it works. Maybe I could twist BeastMode arm and see if he'd be keen on doing this ****)

32, If we get a fairly conscientious idea that this is the way to go would you be keen on changing the subjevt of this thread?

No. I'd be more interested in the redistribution of the modern NBA era.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:10 pm
Gaming the simulation in 2k is super easy. I literally only get guys that can shoot threes at really crazy percentages and only have them shoot lay ups and threes. Nothing else.

Won a championship with Gordon Hayward as my best player. 82 overall.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:02 am
If we're gonna do one team each and gun for an all-star lineup anyway, I'd prefer the all-time draft.

If we want to do a traditional redistro with multiple teams, I'd prefer current NBA teams.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:14 am
Let's do you version then, 32. IMO, all-time is much more of a bother, and I don't have that much time, really.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:54 am
I don't understand this. What it's going about?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:51 pm
Tell you what, if we can get nine participants, I'll be in. Three teams each would be ideal.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:22 pm
Matic wrote:I don't understand this. What it's going about?

Its basically a fantasy draft for aesthetic purposes.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:06 pm
Aite, with Guybrush's blessing, we'll move forward with the traditional format.

7 guys is a bit odd; it means 4 of you will get 4 teams to choose from, while I (along with another volunteer) will take on 5 teams. I'll feed our names into a randomizer in the order that we joined and the resulting list will be our draft order.

migs, your offer is generous, though I fear with most of the major players already joined in, it's rather unlikely that we'll be able to find 2 extra hands willing to commit to the constant forum-checking. I could be wrong, but for now, we're gonna go ahead and start with 7 users (as the thread has stalled out, in terms of people signing up).

The first round (or more properly, the "pre"-round) will be the exact reverse order of the draft and will be dedicated to finding a coach. Coaches are a bit different from players, since they don't really retire; they just die, for lack of a less mortifying term). Therefore, coaches who are ALIVE are all eligible. This means that guys without current coaching gigs (Lenny Wilkens or Phil Jackson, for instance) are available, but coaches long gone (Chuck Daly, Red Aurebach) can't be picked. REMEMBER: a coach defines the style of your team. We all saw the train-wreck of Mike D'Anonni (a run-and-gun coach) trying to harness twin towers in the paint in LA. Great coaches + great players don't always mesh; keep your coach in mind when making your player picks.

Alright, without further adu, I give you the random order:

1. PAWNO
2. Mr. Crackerz
3. 8th Ave
4. 32
5. Guybrush
6. Blackfoot
7. JREED

If everyone agrees to that order, than we can start the drafting process. I'll select for the 29th team and I'll ask for one volunteer to take on the 30th team (Miami). Whoever steps up gets first pick with their coach and we'll get the ball rolling from there. As a reminder, here are everyone's teams:

PAWNO: Cavaliers, Pistons, Bucks, Nets

MR. CRACKERZ: Magic, T-Wolves, Celtics, Pacers

8TH AVE: Wizards, Blazers, Hawks, Knicks

32: Bobcats, Sixers, Rockets, Clippers, Thunder

GUYBRUSH: Suns, Raptors, Lakers, Grizzlies

BLACKFOOT: Pelicans, Mavericks, Bulls, Nuggets

JREED: Kings, Jazz, Warriors, Spurs

So, whoever nuts up and takes the Miami Heat, THANK YOU (firstly) and then make your head coaching selection!

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:18 pm
Do I just each of my teams coaches in here or do I gotta wait or something?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:45 pm
We're waiting for someone to pick up the Miami Heat. 2 guys need to pick for 5 teams. Obviously, I'm one of them, but we need someone else. Then we're picking coaches in reverse order of the draft: 30, 29, 28, 27, etc.

Soooo. If you wanna pick up the Heat, you can have the first pick for coach.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball