Mark Jackson is sloooowwwwww to react

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:09 am
Truth is, without Bogut, you don't want other teams getting enar the basket, which was the situation all season, no Bogut. I'll take the other team shooting alot of threes at 35% than alot of inside shots at 50%.

With Bogut playing often, the defensive strategy changes. Let the other team take it inside a little more. Having them take more outside shots is still smart and better chance of them not scoring as much.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 3040
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:11 pm
Blackfoot wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:That logic is ridiculous, admitting, allowing teams to shoot open threes. The lack of adjustment, all teams are not the same, you alter and change. Allowing good teams to shoot open threes is horrible horrible logic. Even then the fundamentals watching the ball instead of the man, is horrible, in basketball you contest shots.


They weren't open threes, they were slightly contested threes. It's why we have the fifth best three point percentage.

Not sure why you conjured up that strawman.


"Slightly contested" 3, kinda the way Curry/Jack was hustling to find Green during the Spurs series. Regular season warriors tied with Nuggets allowing 23.1 threes per game, regardless of the % they shoooting you a doing this regardless how good/bad a team shoots.
Point is you don't give opportunity to any team to shoot, there is a reason teams would obviously want to shoot, because they are open. Good teams make them.

All Star
Posts: 1340
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 am
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:21 pm
Good three point shooting teams hit below their average for us so I am not sure why you are complaining about a statistic we were very good in.

All Star
Posts: 3040
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:28 pm
migya wrote:Truth is, without Bogut, you don't want other teams getting enar the basket, which was the situation all season, no Bogut. I'll take the other team shooting alot of threes at 35% than alot of inside shots at 50%.

With Bogut playing often, the defensive strategy changes. Let the other team take it inside a little more. Having them take more outside shots is still smart and better chance of them not scoring as much.


You can't alter your game plan that much, play scared just because of one player, need more reliable defense in the post as back-ups, or better perimeter defense if that is the case. Come playoffs warriors still allowed teams to shoot 22 3s, and this includes a team like Denver without their top 3 point shooter. So this tells me, not much adjustment, how many times have we seen crucial threes given up because players are just looking at the player with the ball not the player they suppose to guard.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:07 am
warriorsstepup wrote:
migya wrote:Truth is, without Bogut, you don't want other teams getting enar the basket, which was the situation all season, no Bogut. I'll take the other team shooting alot of threes at 35% than alot of inside shots at 50%.

With Bogut playing often, the defensive strategy changes. Let the other team take it inside a little more. Having them take more outside shots is still smart and better chance of them not scoring as much.


You can't alter your game plan that much, play scared just because of one player, need more reliable defense in the post as back-ups, or better perimeter defense if that is the case. Come playoffs warriors still allowed teams to shoot 22 3s, and this includes a team like Denver without their top 3 point shooter. So this tells me, not much adjustment, how many times have we seen crucial threes given up because players are just looking at the player with the ball not the player they suppose to guard.



That strategy worked, the team won the series against Denver and lost in six against the Spurs, could have actually won the first two games and won that series in fact. That strategy of letting the other team shoot more from the outside is because it is a lower percentage shot for the opposition, that's good for us. Proof is there and it is fact, shown well in these playoffs.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 1340
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 am
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:43 am
In short, we should have forced a game seven with a team that is absolutely dominating other coaches in the NBA playoffs, the only coach he hasn't is Jackson.

Memphis P&R Defense doesn't know what to do with Pop's game plan.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:18 pm
Blackfoot wrote:In short, we should have forced a game seven with a team that is absolutely dominating other coaches in the NBA playoffs, the only coach he hasn't is Jackson.

Memphis P&R Defense doesn't know what to do with Pop's game plan.

+1
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 3040
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:11 pm
Memphis missing Rugy Gay ? They lack shooting and scoring and its clearly showing, Randolph and Gasol are being met by Splitter and Duncan, Mike Conley has not showed up, but those big 3 arent going to do much of anything reason Gay was so important to them. Playoffs is a different beast.

Denver will be looking for perimeter shooters in the off-season, with Gallanari out that is a team you can dare to shoot, but the Spurs shot better, so you adjust and play better perimeter defense. Majority of the time Bogut was playing Duncan straight-up, its just lack of focus, discipline on the warriors part. Nuggets were shooting 34% percent during regular season with their second best shooter in the line-up, Spurs shot close to 38%.

How did the Spurs adjust they shut down our 2nd best shooter in Klay dude didn't even attempt a 3 point shot in game, that is too much an extreme, you guys saying a coach couldn't even adjust to find open shots for his 2nd perimeter shooter the entire game, not buying that or the game one melt down.

You guys are giving Mark Jackson too much slack, if this team wants to go to the next level they will need to tighten this perimeter issue up.

All Star
Posts: 1340
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 am
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:43 pm
The Grizzlies aren't missing Gay, it's their defense suffering this series.

There is a reason why they lost to the Clippers last year with Gay and beat them this year. Gay shot them out of two of those games vs the Clippers.



You are giving Jackson too much blame.

And the perimeter defense is really good and frankly your opinion on this is really misinformed for some reason. I don't know why, but you are.

All Star
Posts: 3040
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:47 pm
Warriors allowed the most 3 point shots, how is that being misinformed ? Good shooting team or bad shooting team you letting who ever shoot, you adjust to who u let shoot. Plus I already showed you picture of Curry watching the ball and not his player that is the type of defense I saw too much, if you think that is acceptable then.

The Griz are down 3-0 they need Gay, you can't name one person on the perimeter helping them right now.

All Star
Posts: 1340
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 am
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:42 pm
Allowing the most three point shots is your argument? You realize why we do that, right? We want them to do that and for good reason.

Our opponents take the second most threes and hit them at the fifth lowest percentage in the league. This means the majority of our games are jumpshooting contests. This is a contest we win 90 percent of the time. Why wouldn't you want your opponent taking a lot of low percentage shots anyways? Why are you against that? Because they take the most?

Our strategy plays to our strength.

And no, Rudy Gay is a major offensive liability.

They got five points better without him. This is not a little. This is a lot. Getting five points better is crazy high. And it's not because they added Prince, it's because they got rid of Gay. I can't stress this enough, but getting five points better is almost undheard of in any point in the season.

At the same rate, the Raptors were ninth in offense until they traded for Gay. They finished 15th in offensive efficiency.

Why would you want to score less?

All Star
Posts: 3040
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:00 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Allowing the most three point shots is your argument? You realize why we do that, right? We want them to do that and for good reason.

Our opponents take the second most threes and hit them at the fifth lowest percentage in the league. This means the majority of our games are jumpshooting contests. This is a contest we win 90 percent of the time. Why wouldn't you want your opponent taking a lot of low percentage shots anyways? Why are you against that? Because they take the most?

Our strategy plays to our strength.

And no, Rudy Gay is a major offensive liability.

They got five points better without him. This is not a little. This is a lot. Getting five points better is crazy high. And it's not because they added Prince, it's because they got rid of Gay. I can't stress this enough, but getting five points better is almost undheard of in any point in the season.

At the same rate, the Raptors were ninth in offense until they traded for Gay. They finished 15th in offensive efficiency.

Why would you want to score less?


You don't let good three point shooting teams take threes that is the point, its a big league, you have teams that shot the 3 poorly, just because it works against them doesn't mean it works against good 3 point shooting teams that is the main point, thats that adjustment I am talking about, basketball is not black and white, alot of grey.

Regular season and playoffs two different story, no one can create for the griz or get their shot of better than Gay. Like I said before, it more about match ups than stats, their post game is suffering, and no one on the perimeter is capable of doing much, Gay could have easily been that factor, without the points coming from Randolph they need points to come from else were. The players they traded Gay for ain't doing ish, Prince, Ed Davis, Daye hasn't even played. So yes they need Gay, this is not the regular season when you play anyone, this is the play-offs.

All Star
Posts: 1340
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 am
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:08 pm
Good 3-point teams shoot bad against us as well on average.

Grizzlies deep playoff runs have two things that are exactly the same, no Gay. Their first round exit had Gay. It's pretty damning evidence. We know they are worse with him and we have three playoffs to point to them being good without him and bad with him.

Prince hasn't done any offense since they day they got there, still better without him. THis isn't new.

All Star
Posts: 3040
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:35 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Good 3-point teams shoot bad against us as well on average.

Grizzlies deep playoff runs have two things that are exactly the same, no Gay. Their first round exit had Gay. It's pretty damning evidence. We know they are worse with him and we have three playoffs to point to them being good without him and bad with him.

Prince hasn't done any offense since they day they got there, still better without him. THis isn't new.


No Westbrook, their post players man handled the clippers, had nothing to do with perimeter. Like i said they are getting shut down in the post, and need scoring outside Gasol/Randolph and they not finding it, Gay would have easily helped with that. They are down 0-3 because of their perimeter, and Gay is a dynamic scorer, he could have helped, plain and simple this is not regular season its playoffs, match-ups are everything.

Thats not an excuse to allow good shooting team to shot 3s, specially in the playoffs, its a 7 game series law of average will eventually catch up. And beyond that, our perimeter defense needs to be tighten up. Denver shot 31% from three during the season, Spurs shot 37% (2nd best) next to us. When playoffs come you become aware of that, and tighten up.

All Star
Posts: 1340
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 am
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:18 pm
Probably would have scored less with Gay.

Yes it is, WWS. If there was a jump shooting contest between us and another team, we win those games. We play ****ing awesome peremiter defense and your only argument against that is this miniscule six game sample size against a team with 3andD guys and the best coach in the NBA.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest