Warriors: Don't sleep on Brandon Rush

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:02 pm
This guy can play. He's still in his prime and has averaged a career 41 percent from beyond the 3 point line. I think Rush is underrated. He can drive to the paint probably better than anyone on our team, maybe even still better than Barnes. He can draw more fouls. He is arguably our best perimeter defender. Don't give up on this guy. If we have to trade say Thompson to acquire Howard, Rush is a great alternative. I hope the Warriors keep him for a few more years, the dude can play better than people give him credit for.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:54 pm
Hopefully the ACL tear didn't take away some of his ability.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:49 pm
Don't overestimate him either. He did good for us a year ago, and it did impress me, but let's not expect too much from him. He couldn't even start over Dorell Wright. That's not saying he wasn't better than him, but I wouldn't depend a whole lot on him.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:52 pm
I pretty much described this whole issue in my post season thread
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:41 pm
8th ave wrote:Don't overestimate him either. He did good for us a year ago, and it did impress me, but let's not expect too much from him. He couldn't even start over Dorell Wright. That's not saying he wasn't better than him, but I wouldn't depend a whole lot on him.

You see, this is what I'm talking about. Yes Dorell Wright started over him, but what does that mean? Dorell Wright had the best season of his career that first year. But at the end of the day, Rush still shot over 45 percent from beyond the arch in their second year together. Just because Wright started over him, doesn't mean he's not better than Wright.

You said you won't expect much from him, but you gave no reasons why other than the fact he didn't start over Wright.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:47 am
Rush is indeed valuable, with all the skills already mentioned. I think that he is the backup SG, with Green as the backup SF, sometimes playing some PF. In all, the team has the pieces, it's just whether Jack and Landry will be kept, which is dictated by the salary the want. Again, haven't looked into the FA PGs out there, but pretty certain that the FO can sign one that plays the PG role more than well enough for no more than 2-2.5 million a year.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:30 am
Stairway Man wrote:
8th ave wrote:Don't overestimate him either. He did good for us a year ago, and it did impress me, but let's not expect too much from him. He couldn't even start over Dorell Wright. That's not saying he wasn't better than him, but I wouldn't depend a whole lot on him.

You see, this is what I'm talking about. Yes Dorell Wright started over him, but what does that mean? Dorell Wright had the best season of his career that first year. But at the end of the day, Rush still shot over 45 percent from beyond the arch in their second year together. Just because Wright started over him, doesn't mean he's not better than Wright.

You said you won't expect much from him, but you gave no reasons why other than the fact he didn't start over Wright.

That's exactly what I said. Just because he didn't start over Wright doesn't mean he's not better than him.

I'm not sleeping on Rush. I expect him to come back and help the team. He has a really big opportunity to come in and be the 6th man of the year. It's just that he's coming off an ACL injury and those things can ruin an NBA player's career. I'm really careful of what to expect from him because that.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Return to Warriors Basketball