Are Warriors better without David Lee?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:29 am
Lee is not only a great rebounder, but he's also an underrated passer. A better passer than his stats would reflect. That really helps when you have guys like Curry, Thompson and Barnes. I like Lee a lot and would hold onto him, but thats not to say that I wouldn't move him for a player that I think would really improve this team. I just don't see that player out there.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:47 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:Lee is not only a great rebounder, but he's also an underrated passer. A better passer than his stats would reflect. That really helps when you have guys like Curry, Thompson and Barnes. I like Lee a lot and would hold onto him, but thats not to say that I wouldn't move him for a player that I think would really improve this team. I just don't see that player out there.

My thoughts exactly.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:01 pm
If Lee leaves it has to be an upgrade, and there are limited choices for that.

Look at the four teams left in the playoffs, skilled post players.

Miami- Bosh, Bron (put him at any position really)
Spurs - Duncan, Splitter
Memphis- Gasol, Randolph
Pacers- Hibbert David West.

Those guys battle, David Lee battles,

Look at the losers

Knicks- Amare (limited because of injury)
Nets- Reggie Evans, Lopez ( Reggie not skilled enough)
Bulls - Noah, Boozer (No Deng, No Rose) they carried them past the healthy Nets
Nuggets_FAried, Koufous ( Not skilled enough)
Clippers- Griffin, DeAndre Jordan (Griffin got hurt during the series, plus DeAndre limited offensively, got handled by Griz)

So we need the combo of Lee/Bogut, just need them both to be healthy.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:54 pm
If we are doing positional argument as importance to winning in the playoffs, the most important position in the past and now has been SF.

SF is the most important position.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:13 pm
Blackfoot wrote:If we are doing positional argument as importance to winning in the playoffs, the most important position in the past and now has been SF.

SF is the most important position.

Durant and melo think otherwise, Prince in Memphis hasntt carried them like their post player. If you thinking Bron then thats bron who players all over the floor. I still say post because of the effectivness of the above mentioned.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:17 pm
One playoffs doesn't change history or past results. This is one year. SF absolutely has the biggest impact on the game.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:21 pm
Who was talking about past years ? I mentioned this year.

And if you are looking at past years, teams with Kobe/Shaq, Bynum/Pau/Kobe, Duncan Parker, Dirk/Chandler, Shaq/Wade. No SF comes to mind
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:45 pm
Blackfoot wrote:One playoffs doesn't change history or past results. This is one year. SF absolutely has the biggest impact on the game.

I assume you're basing this on a stat, so I'm gonna need to hear it. Cause I'm a traditionalist when it comes to this subject. The post and the point are the most important slots to me. SF is versatile but a team without a center can't win in the playoffs... without arguably the greatest player to ever exist (LeBron), but again, the Heat are the exception not the rule. And that pertains to everything about them.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:03 pm
32 wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:One playoffs doesn't change history or past results. This is one year. SF absolutely has the biggest impact on the game.

I assume you're basing this on a stat, so I'm gonna need to hear it. Cause I'm a traditionalist when it comes to this subject. The post and the point are the most important slots to me. SF is versatile but a team without a center can't win in the playoffs... without arguably the greatest player to ever exist (LeBron), but again, the Heat are the exception not the rule. And that pertains to everything about them.

This is something new I found. Apparently having a center on the road is more important but a SF is more important overall. Sample sizes are big enough where this is true, but also I am not sure why a C is more important on the road.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:16 pm
Why I don't get too much into advanced stats. Don't know any sf that has lead their team to NBA champs the last 10 years, Bron is in his class of his own, who can play any position on the floor.

Last 24 years, only NBA finals MVP that played SF, Bron, and Paul Pierce.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:19 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Why I don't get too much into advanced stats. Don't know any sf that has lead their team to NBA champs the last 10 years, Bron is in his class of his own, who can play any position on the floor.

It's important to note it's the stretch SF that's the most important position, not just any SF. Which is where I should have clarified. That's my bad. Still, it's the most important.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:47 pm
Can we get a statistical write up on David Lee's defense and whether or not if his deficiencies outweigh his offense?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:50 pm
8th ave wrote:Can we get a statistical write up on David Lee's defense and whether or not if his deficiencies outweigh his offense?

Quick answer: Yes, his offense offsets his awful defense.

Our offense is seven points better with him on the floor and the defense is two points worse with him on the floor.

Definitely is a benefit and not a liability.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:41 am
Blackfoot wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Why I don't get too much into advanced stats. Don't know any sf that has lead their team to NBA champs the last 10 years, Bron is in his class of his own, who can play any position on the floor.

It's important to note it's the stretch SF that's the most important position, not just any SF. Which is where I should have clarified. That's my bad. Still, it's the most important.

Like I said only Bron and Pierce the only finals MVP the last 24 years, that is how I know the SF is not the most important as you claim.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:21 am
Interesting read concerning David Lees' defense.

http://wagesofwins.com/2013/03/22/its-n ... k-defense/
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball