I can't wait for next season

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:55 am
Jack has been so important this season that I think the team would have missed the playoffs with the way it ended up, two games ahead of Houston and Lakers. Jack was huge so many times and allowed Curry and to be better than he would be playing PG 100% of the time.

If I remember correct, a team with a player that is going to be a FA can resign him and go over the cap, they just have to pay the tax. Other teams can not, they have to use their exceptions if they have any. That means the FO can resign Jack to seven million if need be and I'd do that, though I wouldn't want to go higher and I don't think he'd ask for higher also, let alone any team offer him much more, he was a backup.

Landry, I think is a keeper as well, but no more than five million and I don't think he'll get offered much more from anyone either. He is a backup, not starter material, and though he provides very good offense at times, has holes in his game, too much to be starting for any team.

If the team is over the luxury cap, so be it, it will just be for next season. After that, alot of money comes off the books and the team is in GREAT situation. Who knows, Bogut may resign for cheaper, especially if he again loses time to injury and especially if he plays less then 60 games. No team will offer him more than 11 million you'd think, making it easier to keep him. Maybe Rush doesn't warrant anymore money than what he's currently on, resign him for same amount. The FO can fillout the rest of the roster spots, by keeping the same players we currently have first priority, and still stay under the luxury tax. That's what getting rid of the" contracts for no reward", AB and RJ does. Talk about getting alot out of players on rookie contracts and two players on good value contracts. The team has done that this season, moving forward to never having to do that again.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:27 am
Wrong. Jarrett jack doesnt have bird rights so we cannot go over the cap to sign him unless we use salary cap "exceptions".
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:36 pm
Jack had a great season for the Warriors and I doubt we'd have as many wins in the regular season without him. But I still think we'll find someone else to play that role if he decides that he wants to sign somewhere else for more money. I've also believe that Landry will stay.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:13 am
I also think Jack can be replaced, it's just finding that backup PG. Money can be saved.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:53 am
migya wrote:I also think Jack can be replaced, it's just finding that backup PG. Money can be saved.

If there ever was a time to go over the luxury tax it's now. After Biedrins and RJ's contract run out, we'll be well under the cap in the 2014-15 season.

I too, think Jack's production can be replaced. I don't think whoever comes in will knock down big shots that Jack has done all year. That's an ability not to be underrated. I also don't want to miss out on Jack's locker room presence. He's a leader to this young team. These two things are the biggest reasons I want him back, even if we have to come out of pocket.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:37 am
After season like that finished, I already can't wait for another one.

If anybody else didn't see this yet (I like it! 8) )
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:49 pm
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:07 pm
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:I also think Jack can be replaced, it's just finding that backup PG. Money can be saved.

If there ever was a time to go over the luxury tax it's now. After Biedrins and RJ's contract run out, we'll be well under the cap in the 2014-15 season.

I too, think Jack's production can be replaced. I don't think whoever comes in will knock down big shots that Jack has done all year. That's an ability not to be underrated. I also don't want to miss out on Jack's locker room presence. He's a leader to this young team. These two things are the biggest reasons I want him back, even if we have to come out of pocket.

That, combined with his willingness to stay here for less, is why Jack will end up back here next year.

The question is the backup big. Specially, since we already have a backup center (Ezeli) and an enforcer who rebounds (Green), the search should be for something we lack. Since we already possess low-block scoring (Lee, a little Bogut), rebounding (everyone), defense (everyone but Lee), and passing (Lee/Bogut), our target should be a guy 6'10" or above who can knock down the 3; ideally, a big that can spell either Bogut or Lee and be played in any combination with our other bigs. I've been saying it for a month; our target needs to be a stretch 4.

My short wish list of free agents includes: Antawn Jamison, Rashard Lewis, or (the dark horse) Charlie Villanueva. Since Lewis can opt into the reigning Eastern Conference champs and Charlie has a hysterically overpaid player option in Detroit ($8.5 million!! AAAAHAHAHA), Antawn seems like the best option, IMO.

Of course, a trade opens up a lot more options...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:15 pm
Since Lacob has come in, he's made all the right moves. He bought a 2nd rounder in 2011. He was willing to take on RJ's contract to get a 1st rounder. They traded for Jack and signed Landry. All signs point to re-signing at least one the players out of Jack and Landry. Honestly I almost expect Lacob to dish out the money for the both of them because from a roster stand-point, losing both and trying to replace them is a step BACK from last year. I understand that our future probably rests on the improvement of Thompson, Barnes, Bogut's health, and the other young bucks, but it is even more so if we don't bring those two back. This off-season will speak to how much Lacob wants to win. Homie said he wants to raise a championship banner. So far he's been walking the walk. Let's see if he continues.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:27 pm
Brandon Rush, too, bro.

Lotta people were so stoked off our bench this past year, he slips their mind. But he easily might be the best bench player we have, even with BOTH Landry and Jack.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:44 pm
32 wrote:Brandon Rush, too, bro.

Lotta people were so stoked off our bench this past year, he slips their mind. But he easily might be the best bench player we have, even with BOTH Landry and Jack.

I consider him, Bazemore, Ezeli, and Dray the young bucks. I think he's 25.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:38 am
I wouldn't mind Jamison coming back to the Warriors. I'd also be happy to have Villanueva but not for 8.5 million. I'm not a fan of Rashad Lewis. I liked him at the Sonics but not anymore.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:16 am
Seth Curry wasn't drafted, and Stephen wrote on his twitter that his brother WILL play in NBA this year. Could we see brothers in Golden State?

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:55 am
Nope. Seth Curry will not be coming here. He doesn't fill a need or offer anything we don't have. There are more athletic, bigger shooters than him.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:48 am
Seth Curry will be on the Bobcat's summer roster however I doubt he plays since he is coming of a recent leg surgery.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball