Biedrins needs minutes

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:53 pm
I like how they put Lee and Biedrins out there for limited minutes. You want to keep Ezeli and Bogut fresh throughout the game. Let Biedrins have at least 5 minutes if needed. He gives us more depth and the whole purpose is to save fouls if needed and to put another big fresh body in Duncan's face. I thought he played Duncan physically and I'd be looking to take advantage of our 3rd big man Biedrins and let him use some energy so we can get some use out of him. Both Lee and Biedrins if needed.

All Star
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:01 pm
I want Biedrens getting as no minutes as possible. They should also look into giving him a negative amount of minutes.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:18 pm
Biedrins needs Jesus.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:22 am
It was funny seeing his appearance. I was watching a stream with russian commenters and one of them said Biedrins looked like a tourist xD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:56 am
The following is a complete, all-encompassing list of logical reasons to put Andris Biedrins into a game:

- as the last person being tapped after 7 of 12 active players foul out.
- code red, aka intentionally trying to injure someone.

That's it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:22 am
If AB can defend some and rebound as well, no reason he can't get about ten minutes. Bogut is not 100%, no Lee, so AB being used is not farfetched, as long as he is effective.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:01 am
BOTH LEE AND BIEDRENS hurt the team's chances of winning and advancing in the playoffs. Harrison Barnes at power forward gives the Warriors better athleticism as well as better defense than Lee would (even is Lee was not injured); I do acknowledge that Lee is a better rebounder and scorer. Barnes is a much better defender.

Biedrens can give the team some minutes; however, he provides no offensive threat and really does allow for the Spurs to put five defenders on four offensive players.

I like the Bogut-Ezeli combination at center and Barnes-Landry-Green at power forward.
Last edited by uptempo on Thu May 16, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:19 am
People do realize beans was a starter back when the dubs had nobody else.

If anything he poses more of a defensive presence against both Duncan and Parker.
With Duncan, in the few minutes beans had, he matched up well with his lateral quickness and was able to stay in front of Timmy. With Parker, u can clearly see that beans was able to be a rim protector and a threat to block Parker's drives toward the basket.

I don't care if he has no threat offensively. It's not like bogut or ezeli are scoring at all anyways. 90% of scoring is coming elsewhere. We need more of defensive presence in the paint and that's why beans should get more minutes.

Lastly, he's the one that is completely healthy!! Everyone else is struggling with some injury and i think his energy will help us. Duncan is old now and runs outta gas quicker. Another fresh body to bang against him can only help.

All Star
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:06 pm
Biedrens sucks.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:38 pm
Exactly.

This is not 2007, JeBron. Biedrins has been in HEAVY decline for 5 years now, with no sign of putting any effort into recovering back into the player he once was. Biedrins is not sitting because he's solely roadblocked by Bogut. Before Bogut was acquired, HE was supposed to be the one manning the middle. The Warriors certainly paid him like a starting NBA center and he's done nothing but regress in every tangible category since getting paid. This is a guy whose been beaten out in the pecking order by Kwame Brown and Mickael Gladness, for Godsake. Guys with NO talent were better than Biedrins. He's not nearly the defender or rebounder you (and Fitzgerald) make him sound like. Trust me; dude was my favorite Warrior during We Believe, but those days are long gone.

Yes. We'd all LOVE to see Biedrins suddenly turn into the player Baron Davis and Don Nelson made him seem like... But it won't happen.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:11 pm
It has been chronicled I am def not a Beans fan, lack of production for the salary.

But dude is the freshest out on the floor, he is not really needed on offense, he can play the Rodman role, play defense, and rebound, I like his activity the last game, as minimal as it was.

Return to Warriors Basketball