After one Loss, It's unfortunate. The Warriors have issues

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:11 am
1. Steph Curry had another ankle roll. Not a good omen.

2. Tony Parker has figured out how to play against Klay. Instead of trying to drive past him and get to the lane, he is going nuts with the 15 foot jumpers. Klay seems to be off balance trying to guard him. And Tony could not miss.

3. Danny Green is a major problem for Curry. 2-19 when guarded by Green. If they keep putting him on Green, we have problems.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:27 am
Stairway Man wrote:1. Steph Curry had another ankle roll. Not a good omen.

2. Tony Parker has figured out how to play against Klay. Instead of trying to drive past him and get to the lane, he is going nuts with the 15 foot jumpers. Klay seems to be off balance trying to guard him. And Tony could not miss.

3. Danny Green is a major problem for Curry. 2-19 when guarded by Green. If they keep putting him on Green, we have problems.

Fluke.

Tons of wide open misses.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:54 am
I agree, this loss was a game likely won't be repeated. The team shot awful and was still there to win. Good sign is still good rebounding and bench production. Be good to see Ezeli rest Bogut a fair bit. The thing that gets me, and I didn't see the game, is why they didn't foul the Spurs bigs with a minute or so to go. They looked like they just let the game play out instead of trying to win it by putting the Spurs on the line and then coming back and trying for quick scores or outside shots.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:45 am
I'm hearing a lot of flack for Jarrett Jack, and I'd like to remind everyone that we have been playing Jack this way the entire season. MOSTLY, he's been effective for us. I'm not even sure if he had a bad game. To me, San Antonio made some good adjustments and beat us.

I was very upset that they didn't take Curry out after the sprain. That was just really stupid. He wasn't even walking right.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:58 am
I had some things I don't like about Jack, even though he is good. He has those Monta like moments that most here don't like when it is Monta doing them. He keeps the ball too long, passes while in the air, and those passes usually aren't that accurate, and are quite a bit late as well, because he is looking to drive first, etc. I like him, just some things about him I don't like. Every player has his bad sides. I just think that he is a little bit overvalued. But, that's my opinion.

Curry waved to Jackson to put Green back on the bench, Jax already told Draymond to get ready, and he was at the sideline, when Curry did that. So, that isn't on Jackson.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:31 pm
Blackfoot wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:1. Steph Curry had another ankle roll. Not a good omen.

Fluke.

Tons of wide open misses.

+1

I don't buy into this malarky about Danny Green being a Curry stopper. Andre Iguodala and Corey Brewer are twice the defender he is and neither of them could stop Curry. Steph's bad night is on himself, not Green.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:04 pm
How on earth r we supposed to contain Parker? He started settling for jumper where he's shooting sideways. It appears He can't be stopped now with his jumpers. It's like he's attacking 15 feet in front of the rim and taking aggressive jump shots instead of attacking the rim. This series is so unfortunate. If not for the miracle in game 1, we'd have a shot.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:09 pm
We want Parker taking 15 footers all game. If he makes them, tip your cap. But that's the shot we are conceding.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:18 pm
Blackfoot wrote:We want Parker taking 15 footers all game. If he makes them, tip your cap. But that's the shot we are conceding.

Same thing with Duncan.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:33 pm
8th ave wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:We want Parker taking 15 footers all game. If he makes them, tip your cap. But that's the shot we are conceding.

Same thing with Duncan.

That's right. Shots are lower percentage than close to the baskets attempts. Saying that, Parker can hit that shot twenty times in a game, you have to make him change things up if he is hitting them.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball