Game Thread: San Antonio Spurs @ Warriors 2013-05-10

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:09 pm
San Antonio Spurs (5 - 1) @ Golden State Warriors (5 - 3)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ Oracle Arena
Local TV: None
Nat TV: ESPN

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - Harrison Barnes
SF - Draymond Green
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the San Antonio Spurs:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Matt Bonner
PF - Tim Duncan
SF - Kawhi Leonard
SG - Danny Green
PG - Tony Parker

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (22.9) | T. Parker (20.3)
RPG - D. Lee (11.2) | T. Duncan (9.9)
APG - S. Curry (6.9) | T. Parker (7.6)
SPG - S. Curry (1.6) | K. Leonard (1.7)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.7) | T. Duncan (2.7)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:31 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJ1veXvCMAA-tpj.png
Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:51 pm
Anyone else find it odd that every team that advanced to the Conference semi's has 2 days off in the middle of the series EXCEPT the Spurs and Warriors? GSW/SA dont get back-to-back days off until after Game 6. Not that the scheduling necessarily will have any impact whatsoever, but its the principal. Why dont the Spurs and Dubs have the benefit of an extra day off mid-series. It hardly seems fair.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:38 pm
DubsDieHard wrote:Anyone else find it odd that every team that advanced to the Conference semi's has 2 days off in the middle of the series EXCEPT the Spurs and Warriors? GSW/SA dont get back-to-back days off until after Game 6. Not that the scheduling necessarily will have any impact whatsoever, but its the principal. Why dont the Spurs and Dubs have the benefit of an extra day off mid-series. It hardly seems fair.

Hopefully that will benefit us. We have a young team. Lets just keep playing and ride this momentum. I don't want Duncan, Parker and Ginobili rested.
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 pm
Ringo wrote:
DubsDieHard wrote:Anyone else find it odd that every team that advanced to the Conference semi's has 2 days off in the middle of the series EXCEPT the Spurs and Warriors? GSW/SA dont get back-to-back days off until after Game 6. Not that the scheduling necessarily will have any impact whatsoever, but its the principal. Why dont the Spurs and Dubs have the benefit of an extra day off mid-series. It hardly seems fair.

Hopefully that will benefit us. We have a young team. Lets just keep playing and ride this momentum. I don't want Duncan, Parker and Ginobili rested.

I feel the same way. I want us to keep it rolling and I worry an extra day off might affect us in a negative way. I'm more disappointed there's no games on tonight, but at the same time, I'm eternally skeptic of League Officials and I find controversy to be even more commonplace in sports these days and it always lingers in the back of my mind.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:10 pm
Keys to the game:

1, Spurs role players scoring. Gary Neal, Kawhi Leonard, Tiago Splitter, Matt Bonner, Boris Diaw, and Danny Green shot 34% last game. I expect Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli to bring it... but it only takes one extra guy to hit 6-of-8 for the Warriors defense to spread out. I don't mind giving Duncan all he wants down low, but thumping Parker and Ginobli out of the paint (making them jump shooters) is key. That means crashing the middle. If Bonner or Neal start hitting 3's, it'll be tough to keep the others from penetrating.

2, foul trouble. In game 1, it was Klay Thompson and Draymond Green. In game 2, it was Bogut and Ezeli. The Spurs have been making it a habit of altering the Warriors' on-court rotation by putting ticky-tack personals on key Warrior players. Without Thompson, the Spurs crash Curry and the Warriors can't score. Without Bogut, the middle is a red carpet and the Spurs can get rolling. I realize you can't keep EVERYBODY out of foul trouble, but the Warriors cannot afford to lose Curry, Thompson, or Bogut for long periods of time.

3, coming out hot. The Warriors have led for 95 of the 106 minutes played in this series. For whatever reason, it's easier to beat the Spurs when they're in catch-up mode. Use the young legs, get out to an early lead, and keep the Spurs playing with urgency on Warrior terms. While the Warriors are capable of coming from behind (ala the Denver series), the Spurs have looked vulnerable when they are put in an early hole.

4, MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, defend home court! It ain't a series til somebody loses on their home floor! The Spurs split with us in San Antonio. Losing one in Oakland puts them back in the driver's seat with home court. Dropping both in Oracle gives the Spurs the series. Game 3 is more important than Game 4, as far as morale. Play every quarter like it's your friggin last, boys.

I predict Warrors 103-99, Curry leads with 37 points on 8 three's. Bogut needs another 12 rebound game.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:27 pm
I agree game 3 is very important specially with an even series. At home Oracle will be rocking.

Interesting to see the adjustments the Spurs make or do we really just have them.

So far what I love is how they close out on defense, majority of the shot are contested.

Klay is still the ex-factor in this series, still don't think they adjust against him. We know what Bogut, Curry and Barnes will bring.

I am juiced for this game.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:10 pm
Spurs ate their wheaties today.

Bogut has become such a bully. Lol
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:15 pm
We are playing really bad defense, and now are having bad stretch on offense as well.
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:18 pm
I dont know if i like our energy this quarter. We came out hard, but we've been on our heels the last 5 minutes of this Spurs run.

We cant leave for SA having to steal another one in their house, in order to advance. These two games are must win's in my book.
Last edited by DubsDieHard on Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Just gotta wait until we make a run and get this crown into it. So far I'm not impressed with the decibel levels. It need to go up to 112-115!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
And now they took away that Jack's buzzer beater.

With Jack on the floor, we are -12 in 4 minutes...
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:23 pm
Guybrush wrote:And now they took away that Jack's buzzer beater.

With Jack on the floor, we are -12 in 4 minutes...

8-[ That doesnt bode well
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:27 pm
Lee is back, baby!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:28 pm
Just putting this here as a note.

David Lee converts And 1.

Hedges on Parker and couldn't get back to his man on time.

Misses a post up.

Gave up an open Bonner 3, it was pretty far though, but still within his range.

Converts a midrange jumper.

I'll take it! LETS GO LEE

Next

Return to Game Threads