Game Thread: Warriors @ San Antonio Spurs 2013-05-08

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:07 pm
rockyBeli wrote:
8th ave wrote:Jarrett Jack has been bailing us out all season with his isos. He went 2-4 in Isos in the 4th. You take those percentages.

all season but in the playoffs he helped lose us some games like that

Oh really? Go look at game 2, 3, 4, of the Denver series. Didn't hear you complaining then. You can't look at it from stretch to stretch. YOu have to look at the body of work he puts in. We've been isoing his since game 1 of regular season.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:08 pm
holy sh** we gonna win

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:08 pm
done it :D
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:10 pm
Stole homecourt. Would be nice to be up 2-0, but I'll take it.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:11 pm
YEAH BABY!!!!! There goes home court advantage for the Spurs. Well done Warriors. =D>
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:12 pm
8th ave wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:
8th ave wrote:Jarrett Jack has been bailing us out all season with his isos. He went 2-4 in Isos in the 4th. You take those percentages.

Oh really? Go look at game 2, 3, 4, of the Denver series. Didn't hear you complaining then. You can't look at it from stretch to stretch. YOu have to look at the body of work he puts in. We've been isoing his since game 1 of regular season.

I'm a fan of J Jack but u gotta admit his hero ball as of late -- namely vs the Spurs and some games vs the Nuggets -- have allowed teams to get back into the game. What should have been easy wins have been close games because of his ego.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:12 pm
can't believe we won. looked like de ja vu. we got some lucky misses from open spurs shots. gg
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:14 pm
rockyBeli wrote:
8th ave wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:

I'm a fan of J Jack but u gotta admit his hero ball as of late -- namely vs the Spurs and some games vs the Nuggets -- have allowed teams to get back into the game. What should have been easy wins have been close games because of his ego.

I counted 2-4 on isos late in the stretch. Like I said, you take those percentages all day everyday.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:17 pm
I admit, I didnt think we'd bounce back after that devastating loss in Game 1. These men showed a ton of heart and character.

Go Dubs!
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:31 pm
Man....the ****ing San Antonio curse on the road is finallllly ****ing broken. It's been nearly my entire lifetime being that I'm only 27 lol. I really feel like we are the better team in this series, we r certainly not lacking confidence or buying into the "spurs are supposed to beat us" theory....one day curry will not be considered and underdog or an u der rated player as he has been since his high school days, through college, and into the NBA...now I'm just blabbing because I'm so stoked on this win!
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:51 pm
8th ave wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:
8th ave wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:

I counted 2-4 on isos late in the stretch. Like I said, you take those percentages all day everyday.

What has frustrated me in these 1st 2 games is we've created a huge lead by spreading the floor, using cuts, curls and screens and putting the ball through the hands until we find someone who has an open high percentage shot. Then all of a sudden Jack comes on the court, the other 4 guys are totally ignored(including Curry who was on fire in game 1 and then Thompson in todays game) and Jack plays his own offence. Surely he'd be better fitting into the same offensive structure that the team used to get the lead and he'd have more open shots or more assists. If we then still can't find an open shooter then I'm all for Jack pulling out one of his hero shots at the end of the shot clock.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:52 pm
We have jumper after jumper in every quarter. We are a jumpshooting team. It's worked fairly well thus far.

ISO's are important to basketball. Not just for creating offense, which it is fairly average at, but for managing late game clock and reduces turnovers.

It's why even though our big leads can dissipate, we have a good record closing out games.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 pm
Wow this team, the level of play they brought/bringing to the playoffs is unbelievable. Everyone has stepped their game up.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:40 am
Man..all this without our All-star..well, the All-star that was actually voted in. I've always been kind of neutral during our successes because I've been broken hearted by this team over and over (but yet remained loyal). But this team gives me hope; I can definitely see us getting past SA at this point. We seem like the better team right now. Like we said, we could easily be 2-0. Man, this is exciting. Is Lee projected to come in regularly at some point? Did I miss something?
This team is definitely built to make the run: just need to keep up with the "dream team" of the Heat.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:15 am
Man, that was amazing!

Great game by Klay. Everyone chipped in just enough for us to win. I really thought that we won't have a shot to win the second game, after that devastating loss in the first one, but I'm glad this guys proved me wrong. Too bad we didn't one both, but I'll take this any day. Now we have advantage!

Go Dubs!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads