Game Thread: Warriors @ San Antonio Spurs 2013-05-06

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:08 pm
8th ave wrote:If anyone ever doubted Klay's defensive presence, let this game be an example of how much we need him. Especially in this series where he can keep Parker out of the paint.

True.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:09 pm
Damn, coaching and mental lapse got us at the end.
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:10 pm
Pathetic. Once again we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I don't want to hear a word about how good and experienced the spurs are because it could have been a hoopsters team out there and we would have squandered that lead.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:15 pm
It's a good thing there's only a day between games. With football i wouldn't be able to check ESPN, Twitter, and my other news outlet. With playoffs I just have to wait a day. Gonna ghost until Wednesday. 8th ave signing out.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:17 pm
That one sucked.... flopping Parker.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:31 pm
Should have been free throws when Kawhi held Curry. Oh well. Close games are 50-50 anyways. Both teams can't point to a ton of things that went wrong. I just have recency bias.

Bazemore with unimaginably defense on that last three.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:34 pm
This one really hurts. Wecould have taken the lead in the game 1. What hurts even most is that we made the same mistakes that might have cost us the last game against Denver.

Still not sold on Jackson. With a better coach, this team would have been maybe even 4th seed, IMO.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:05 am
Jackson is great and there is tons of documented evidence for it.

Best rebounding team in the league. HORNS. Making Curry a good defender. Making Klay a great defender.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:16 am
He's not bad, I just don't see him as great. He is good on teaching D to his team. With better D, it's pretty much granted you will grab more rebounds, and we had good rebounders.

The thing with him is that he is too late with some decisions, and that has cost us some games. Keeping Jack in for close to 40 minutes even on off nights, going away from Lee when he was doing good (slithly, but still), and TOs, man TOs are killing us. Add to that mental mistakes we are making on basic plays, like getting the ball from sideline, and that we are repeating some mistakes that he should have fixed, and there.

With better coach, I think we would be doing quite a bit better. But, I'm happy as it is, we are in the damn POs finally, just one the first round, and were damn close to beat Spurs after all those years!

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:43 am
Nah, Jackson was the best coach for this particular team.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:09 am
JREED wrote:Pathetic. Once again we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I don't want to hear a word about how good and experienced the spurs are because it could have been a hoopsters team out there and we would have squandered that lead.

True. The way they been blowing leads, college girl teams could come back and embarrass them and we wouldn't be able to tell. When you stop playing, your opponent WILL beat you.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:53 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Jackson is great and there is tons of documented evidence for it.

Best rebounding team in the league. HORNS. Making Curry a good defender. Making Klay a great defender.

We cannot give credit to Jackson for our set plays. Everything that has to do with offensive sets has to with Mike Malone. Whenever there's a situation that calls for a play, you see Malone dead smack in the middle of the huddle drawing it up and Jackson watching. If the Warriors lose him, we have to find another X's and O's guy which shouldn't be too hard to find considering the money we dish out for Malone. To my understanding, we made him the highest paid assistant coach in the NBA.

He doesn't get a lot of love, but Malone is another reason on this long list of why the Warriors were able to achieve what they did this year.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:26 pm
I can give Jackson credit for the defensive development of all our players and us being the best defensive rebounding team in the league. Getting them to buy into the system being the other half of the equation.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:07 pm
Blackfoot wrote:I can give Jackson credit for the defensive development of all our players and us being the best defensive rebounding team in the league. Getting them to buy into the system being the other half of the equation.

I agree. It means a great deal to this team that he got Klay to become a defensive stopper. Hell, I'd go a step further and say the he got the absolute best out of our rookies as well. He gave Draymond the "Greene" light during the regular season. Shot TERRIBLY all year, but it has paid off HUGE because Greene is finding his stroke just when it matters the most.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:00 am
Will see the game very soon, but unbelievable, up by so much and looking for the first win in some seventeen years in San Antonio and the team stuffs it. Credit for keeping their head up and barely losing in double overtime, but they will learn from this. Curry is looking like he will be a top 5 player for a while.

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads