What I Learned From NuggetsTalk

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:11 pm
C'mon, dudes. Not worth tripping over. It's one user on reddit whose moniker is suspiciously close - like 2 out of 3 syllables - to a Round Table regular (not throwing any accusations out there, just saying I wouldn't be surprised). It's apples and oranges, here and there. You really can't compare the two. We share a team that we follow, but the mission and style of both forums are different. The worst thing we could do would be to sweat over what they're doing. Do you, fellas.

For what it's worth, as far as insightful posters go, I dunno what that reddit guy was looking for, but I've only ever encountered one other member who compares to the quality of Blackfoot (and that was Pest, who doesn't post on either of our forums anymore). He's the most insightful guy, for my money, on any web site and a lot of the time I'm posting just to see what he has to say. That's not a knock on anybody here or there, it's just a credit to BF. Both forums have great personalities and interesting perspectives from various people, but depending on your definition of "insight", I don't think anyone is better than Blackfoot.

And as far as that knock on their forum, it really applies to us too, honestly. Both of these places run on about 4-5 regulars and 5-6 part-timers who chip in occasionally. That's not a bad thing. Look at RealGM and GSoM and Feltbot and WarriorsWorld and virtually any comment section of the various Mercury/Contra Costa bloggers. Hell, look at the NuggetsTalk forum that I created this thread about. The quality of discussion goes straight into the mountain when too many voices are all screaming to be heard. For what its worth, I think this forum (and Round Table) are far better because they feature less quantity and more quality.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:28 pm
I don't sweat over it, just found it interesting.

Of course both forums are better than RealGm and WW. I still can't get the point of 49ers official message board, that's a complete hell over there. After one person opens a thread about something, a bunch of guys will post something like "cool", "I like it", "WTF", etc. Mostly depending of the emotion the thread title is bringing in them. Very insightful posts. lol

There are some really knowledgeable guys there, but sadly you need to scroll through millions of thrash posts by people who aren't trolls, which makes it even more sad, to find those posts by some normal guys.

Anyway, I'm quite happy with our little oasis here.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:51 pm
Guybrush wrote:I don't sweat over it, just found it interesting.

Of course both forums are better than RealGm and WW. I still can't get the point of 49ers official message board, that's a complete hell over there. After one person opens a thread about something, a bunch of guys will post something like "cool", "I like it", "WTF", etc. Mostly depending of the emotion the thread title is bringing in them. Very insightful posts. lol

There are some really knowledgeable guys there, but sadly you need to scroll through millions of thrash posts by people who aren't trolls, which makes it even more sad, to find those posts by some normal guys.

Anyway, I'm quite happy with our little oasis here.

49erwebzone.com can be insane but is tightly moderated. Game threads there hit 600 easy, some crossing the 1000 page mark iirc. On gameday that place will crash multiple times. It's just too crowded and that's even with a wait period from signup to posting.

This is my favorite community - not just because I'm a mod - it has been pretty much since day one.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:17 pm
I think this is one of the better forums, tons of insightful comments from everyone.

From an impartial perspective, I'd this is the second best forum I go on. The first one being an Angels forum, which I only stuck around on because of the quality of the posters.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball