Game Thread: Warriors @ San Antonio Spurs 2013-05-06

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:41 pm
Golden State Warriors (4 - 2) @ San Antonio Spurs (4 - 0)

Start time: 6:30 PM PST @ AT&T Center
Local TV: None
Nat TV: TNT

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - Carl Landry
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the San Antonio Spurs:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Tiago Splitter
PF - Tim Duncan
SF - Kawhi Leonard
SG - Danny Green
PG - Tony Parker

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (22.9) | T. Parker (20.3)
RPG - D. Lee (11.2) | T. Duncan (9.9)
APG - S. Curry (6.9) | T. Parker (7.6)
SPG - S. Curry (1.6) | K. Leonard (1.7)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.7) | T. Duncan (2.7)
Last edited by krome on Sat May 04, 2013 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:43 pm
Keep up the good work Krome!!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:46 pm
I recall the last time the Warriors won in San Antonio. They were so bad that season (because of injuries to Sean Elliott and David Robinson) that they ended up getting Tim Duncan in the draft the year after. Enough of reminiscing...going to be tough to take one in San Antonio.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:31 am
The team has to play with nothing to lose. That's the best way to play, especially when you are not expected to win. I'd like to see Jack start again and Barnes at PF. It would force the Spurs to defend Barnes on the outside, be it Splitter or Duncan. Bogut should guard Duncan, but I'd like to see Barnes have a go as well. I don't think Duncan will be a monster as often as he used to be. Stretching the floor is the best way to approach the Spurs. Rebounding has to be won, which is hard against the Spurs, but we did it against Denver.

Confidence is close to everything.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:47 am
I think the Warriors have to try to play fast against the Spurs. I'm actually enthralled just by the fact that the Spurs and Warriors are in the same playoffs series round 2! When was the last time That happened? Usually it would be the Spurs in the playoffs and the Dubs watching at home!
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:55 pm
Krome had no idea what he was getting himself into this year, it's May!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:20 pm
If you look at the starting lineups, looks like we are better, at least individually. Their bench is super and the likes of Landry, Green and Ezeli will have to step up. Be good to have either RJ or AB be a factor for a few minutes as well.

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:40 am
migya wrote:If you look at the starting lineups, looks like we are better, at least individually. Their bench is super and the likes of Landry, Green and Ezeli will have to step up. Be good to have either RJ or AB be a factor for a few minutes as well.

The problem is that individual match ups don't matter when it comes to the Spurs; nobody plays cohesive, team basketball like they do.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:59 pm
We believe! How amazing it'll be if our guys beat spurs on 1. game at AT&T Center .. ohhh yeah, I can't even think about it.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:58 pm
We have to run this team out of the building.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:31 pm
migya wrote:The team has to play with nothing to lose. That's the best way to play, especially when you are not expected to win. I'd like to see Jack start again and Barnes at PF. It would force the Spurs to defend Barnes on the outside, be it Splitter or Duncan. Bogut should guard Duncan, but I'd like to see Barnes have a go as well. I don't think Duncan will be a monster as often as he used to be. Stretching the floor is the best way to approach the Spurs. Rebounding has to be won, which is hard against the Spurs, but we did it against Denver.

Confidence is close to everything.

Migs, I agree 100%. There is no way we can start with Landry. Duncan and Splitter will kill us on the inside. That's where they want us to play. We need to go back to the 'Nellieball' starting lineup and spread the floor. There is no way that Splitter, Bonner, Blair or any of their big men can stay with Barnes at power forward. I know that it will also be a mismatch for us on the defensive end but Splitter is not exactly an offensive weapon and Barnes has the length and athleticism to guard Bonner on the outside. I believe the mismatch of playing Barnes at the 4 is more in our favour than theirs and to be honest, I think we'll have a better chance in this series with Jack, Curry, Thompson, Barnes and Bogut on the floor than we would if Lee was starting.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:17 pm
Splitter will miss game one.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:33 pm
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/ma ... s-warriors

Torres predicted Warriors in 7

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:16 pm
I think Klay will be the X-factor this series, if he plays well we might pull it off, also Lee. I say these two because we are not exactly sure what we expect from them. Klay has a favorable match-up compared to the rest of the starters.

Klay did not have the best series against Denver, he will be needed badly against the spurs.

I expect great series from Curry, Barnes needs to be playing at a high level, as well as Bogut. Everyone has stepuped it up major during the playoffs, really amazed.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:25 pm
I wonder if Klay will be on Parker ? I remember last game he did a great job on him.
Next

Return to Game Threads