Game Thread: Denver Nuggets @ Warriors 2013-05-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


All Star
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:45 am
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:44 pm
Denver Nuggets (2 - 3) @ Golden State Warriors (3 - 2)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: TNT

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - Harrison Barnes
SF - Klay Thompson
SG - Stephen Curry
PG - Jarrett Jack

Probable starters for the Denver Nuggets:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - JaVale McGee
PF - Kenneth Faried
SF - Wilson Chandler
SG - Andre Iguodala
PG - Ty Lawson

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (22.9) | Ty Lawson (16.7)
RPG - D. Lee (11.2) | K. Faried (9.2)
APG - S. Curry (6.9) | T. Lawson (6.9)
SPG - S. Curry (1.6) | A. Iguodala (1.7)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.7) | J. McGee (2.0)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:28 pm
Jackson is BRILLIANT.

Heading home, MJax is pulling a Phil Jackson; putting the pressure on the officials by claiming that Denver is purposefully trying to injury Curry. Expect a LOT of whistles on Denver early, particularly on those physical blitzes that have shaken Curry around the arc. If the zebras throttle Denver back off his nuts, Curry will ignite again. And Mark Jackson is making a major chess move in hopes of expediting that process.

GENIUS.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:07 am
Should be a win and really, has to be. I think the team will come out hot and destroy Denver. The home fans deserve playoffs success.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 403
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:17 am
Location: North Queensland, Australia
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:19 am
I'd like to see Jackson get a little creative here and start the game with Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Ezeli and Bogut before switching back to Nellie ball. The Nuggets will have trained and planned for the Nellie starting lineup and won't be expecting this. We're still in control of this series. Hopefully we can end it here. I wish I was going to this game.
Image
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:21 am
Location: San Francisco
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:22 pm
32 wrote:Jackson is BRILLIANT.

Heading home, MJax is pulling a Phil Jackson; putting the pressure on the officials by claiming that Denver is purposefully trying to injury Curry. Expect a LOT of whistles on Denver early, particularly on those physical blitzes that have shaken Curry around the arc. If the zebras throttle Denver back off his nuts, Curry will ignite again. And Mark Jackson is making a major chess move in hopes of expediting that process.

GENIUS.



Are you sure it's genius? On KNBR Rod brooks said someitmes officials don't like that and may actually call against you. Does Mark Jackson have the respect of Phil Jackson? Is Curry respected enough to get star treatment? We got that against us, so why should we now condone getting it?

Rookie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:02 am
Location: Somewhere in Europe
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:05 am
Ringo wrote:I'd like to see Jackson get a little creative here and start the game with Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Ezeli and Bogut before switching back to Nellie ball. The Nuggets will have trained and planned for the Nellie starting lineup and won't be expecting this. We're still in control of this series. Hopefully we can end it here. I wish I was going to this game.


Ezeli + Bogut never gonna happen. I've seen this combo in almost everyones vision except for MJax. And that's just too bad, cause if they gonna start with McGee and Faried we might find ourselves in deep trouble. With small ball we are 50/50 especially if Denver starts hot...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:19 pm
Stairway Man wrote:
32 wrote:Jackson is BRILLIANT.

Heading home, MJax is pulling a Phil Jackson; putting the pressure on the officials by claiming that Denver is purposefully trying to injury Curry. Expect a LOT of whistles on Denver early, particularly on those physical blitzes that have shaken Curry around the arc. If the zebras throttle Denver back off his nuts, Curry will ignite again. And Mark Jackson is making a major chess move in hopes of expediting that process.

GENIUS.



Are you sure it's genius? On KNBR Rod brooks said someitmes officials don't like that and may actually call against you. Does Mark Jackson have the respect of Phil Jackson? Is Curry respected enough to get star treatment? We got that against us, so why should we now condone getting it?

Nah, dude, Jackson didn't address the refs. He addressed the Nuggets.

What he said was akin to: "you guys (the refs) are doing your job, the problem is Denver." He's making the refs sound like his allies. And its genius because more fouls favors our style of play. Denver is more physical. They get more rebounds. They score more buckets inside. The Warriors are a team of jump-shooters. You disturb a jump-shooter by getting physical with them. It knocks off the rhythm and forces you to check for defenders instead of just following through with your motion. If Jackson can get the refs to separate the defenders off of the perimeter shooters (even a little bit), it benefits Golden State because the Warriors shoot the lights out compared to the Nuggets.

What Jackson is doing is an old Phil Jackson trick. The reason it worked for Phil and Pat Riley (and not, say, Jeff Van Gundy) is because a coach like Van Gundy goes after the refs. Talks about how "the refs should have called a better game" and "the refs let them get away with x, y, and z." Mark Jackson isn't doing that; he's putting all the onus on the Nuggets and none of the blame of the officials. That puts the thought in the ref's sub-conscious, but it doesn't offend them because he's using them as allies to his cause. Refs are instruments of basketball justice (ideally). If Denver has cheaters and Golden State is getting fouled, the refs will subconsciously want to call Denver for more violations than Golden State.

Again, GENIUS.

And, again, double-digit Warrior win.

Unless, of course, Andrew Bogut gets kicked out early. Something tells me, the big Aussie wants to lay a REAL hard foul on Faried tonight. If it's in the 4th quarter, great. If it's in the 1st and a trigger-happy ref boots him, we're in trouble. Bogut is the catalyst, Curry is the instrument.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 403
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:17 am
Location: North Queensland, Australia
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:00 pm
32 wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:
32 wrote:Jackson is BRILLIANT.

Heading home, MJax is pulling a Phil Jackson; putting the pressure on the officials by claiming that Denver is purposefully trying to injury Curry. Expect a LOT of whistles on Denver early, particularly on those physical blitzes that have shaken Curry around the arc. If the zebras throttle Denver back off his nuts, Curry will ignite again. And Mark Jackson is making a major chess move in hopes of expediting that process.

GENIUS.



Are you sure it's genius? On KNBR Rod brooks said someitmes officials don't like that and may actually call against you. Does Mark Jackson have the respect of Phil Jackson? Is Curry respected enough to get star treatment? We got that against us, so why should we now condone getting it?

Nah, dude, Jackson didn't address the refs. He addressed the Nuggets.

What he said was akin to: "you guys (the refs) are doing your job, the problem is Denver." He's making the refs sound like his allies. And its genius because more fouls favors our style of play. Denver is more physical. They get more rebounds. They score more buckets inside. The Warriors are a team of jump-shooters. You disturb a jump-shooter by getting physical with them. It knocks off the rhythm and forces you to check for defenders instead of just following through with your motion. If Jackson can get the refs to separate the defenders off of the perimeter shooters (even a little bit), it benefits Golden State because the Warriors shoot the lights out compared to the Nuggets.

What Jackson is doing is an old Phil Jackson trick. The reason it worked for Phil and Pat Riley (and not, say, Jeff Van Gundy) is because a coach like Van Gundy goes after the refs. Talks about how "the refs should have called a better game" and "the refs let them get away with x, y, and z." Mark Jackson isn't doing that; he's putting all the onus on the Nuggets and none of the blame of the officials. That puts the thought in the ref's sub-conscious, but it doesn't offend them because he's using them as allies to his cause. Refs are instruments of basketball justice (ideally). If Denver has cheaters and Golden State is getting fouled, the refs will subconsciously want to call Denver for more violations than Golden State.

Again, GENIUS.

And, again, double-digit Warrior win.

Unless, of course, Andrew Bogut gets kicked out early. Something tells me, the big Aussie wants to lay a REAL hard foul on Faried tonight. If it's in the 4th quarter, great. If it's in the 1st and a trigger-happy ref boots him, we're in trouble. Bogut is the catalyst, Curry is the instrument.


I think Bogut is too experienced to do that. I think it will be the other way round. Denver now believe that they have to be physical to beat us. Bogut set the trap with his hard flagrant foul on Faried in the last game. Now all he has to do is bait Faried early in this game and I bet Faried responds with a hard foul on Bogut. The Manimal won't be able to help himself and will hopefully get ejected. Bogut has been messing with Faried and Magee's heads throughout this series.

I can't wait for this game. I have the day off work and I'm pumped.
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:00 pm
The face we could've eliminated Denver last game or this game is some pretty incredible ****.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2566
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:20 pm
Tired of the he said, she said, bullshit. I want to start talking about what we need to do to pull a major upset against the Spurs. Make it happen Warriors!

All Star
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:45 am
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:25 pm
When I read the reports that David Lee was seeking other specialists to avoid surgery, I had this feeling he was trying to come back and play in the playoffs. Medically cleared to play....
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2566
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:29 pm
krome wrote:When I read the reports that David Lee was seeking other specialists to avoid surgery, I had this feeling he was trying to come back and play in the playoffs. Medically cleared to play....

Just saw this on the pregame show... Wow! If he is in any kind of condition to play then this changes everything!
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 403
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:17 am
Location: North Queensland, Australia
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:53 pm
Hey 8th, you got any links for live stream?
Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2566
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:07 pm
Ringo wrote:Hey 8th, you got any links for live stream?

http://www.firstrow1.eu
http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/83312-N ... d-Playoffs

8th will probably have better links.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:13 pm
http://popstreams.eu/stream2.html

HD link
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
Next

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests