Jarrett Jack wants to come back.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:41 am
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/20 ... is-summer/

Warriors guard Jarrett Jack may be able to command more playing time elsewhere in the coming years, but he says he would prefer to remain Stephen Curry’s back-up and intends to sign a contract this summer to prove it. Via NBA.com: “He arrived in a July trade and embraced the adventure of a new city and the new situation that would have been difficult for many players to accept. Jarrett Jack actually liked the unknown. The season-long discovery process led to a decision. He wants to re-sign with the Warriors in the summer, even with the clear understanding he might be giving up the chance to start somewhere else for the certainty of a backup role to Stephen Curry at point guard in Golden State. Jack is so sure of it, he told NBA.com, that he has informed management and directed his agents to re-enforce the message that he is hoping to stay once he becomes a free agent in July. ‘That’s one of the reasons why I’m really trying to enjoy the moment right now,’ he said Saturday with the Warriors holding a 2-1 lead over the favored Nuggets in the best-of-seven first round that continues Sunday night at Oracle Arena. ‘I’m appreciating everything that’s going on. In the summer, hopefully that process is a little bit further than we all want it to be. There are a lot of variables that go into making that decision. Hopefully, I can stay right here. I told my agent. I’m sure he spoke to the powers that be that I have desires to stay right here and help this franchise grow to the best of its ability.’”

I love Jarrett Jack, man. There's so many things that he brings to the table. I'm willing to give him the full MLE considering he deserves/will get more if he were to sign somewhere else. If Landry chooses to accept his player option, we will be 2 deep at every position.

Curry, Jack
Thompson, Bazemore
Barnes, Rush
Lee, Landry
Bogut, Ezeli

I don't know about you guys but that more than makes up for the fact that we don't have any draft picks to me. Can't wait to see what unfolds. I hope we give him at least 3 years. In terms of the years, I'm sure we're going to let him dictate it assuming that he comes back at a discounted price.

Can you guys remember the last time a player re-signed with the team at a discounted price? The times are changing, and they're changing QUICK. So blessed to be a Warrior fan right now.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:53 am
Whoops, sorry. Already been discussed. Lock it up, mods.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:18 am
Need this guy to play steady, he has been too sporadic for a vet. His poise is needed. He is a possible X-factor, but x-factors need to deliver, he has not, yet, hopefully re-analyzing things turns the light bulb and focus for Jack.

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_ ... -important

Jack was booed by the Oracle Arena crowd down the stretch of Game 3 Friday night for inconsistent and ineffectual play while the Warriors were trying to mount a fourth-quarter comeback. He missed a long desperation 3-point attempt with 2:05 to go and Golden State down by five and then made a particularly bad pass in the final minute that was stolen by Manu Ginobili that salted away the game.

Jack, who will be an unrestricted free agent at season's end, played 34 minutes but scored just 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting and had just one assist. Perhaps the most telling statistic, however, was that he was minus-19 for the time he was in the game. In other words, San Antonio was 19 points better than the Warriors when he was on the court. For the series, Jack is minus-33.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:54 pm
I would think Jack is forgiven after game 4.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:07 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:I would think Jack is forgiven after game 4.

Fans generally have a very short term memory. I have people on my facebook feed chastising Jarrett Jack on everything he's done wrong. I don't give it that much weight because he's pull through for us SO MANY times. I agree that he can improve in some aspects of his game, especially in this series, but if you look at the entire body of work he has done for us there's no denying his value to this team.

Those same people who has been criticizing him will not give him credit for what he's done this game.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:28 pm
After seeing some of the games against Denver, Jack shoots alot, forces a few of those shots and takes the team out of their flow quite often. His numbers are pretty good, but his effect on the game has not been totally positive. He has been big for the team all season, but he is by far a good controlling PG. Could be that someone more efficient and less forceful of things could be obtained as the backup PG and for cheaper as well.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:31 pm
8th ave wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:I would think Jack is forgiven after game 4.

Fans generally have a very short term memory. I have people on my facebook feed chastising Jarrett Jack on everything he's done wrong. I don't give it that much weight because he's pull through for us SO MANY times. I agree that he can improve in some aspects of his game, especially in this series, but if you look at the entire body of work he has done for us there's no denying his value to this team.

Those same people who has been criticizing him will not give him credit for what he's done this game.

Very much so true, some times fans forget how we got here (playoffs) and our winning record.

For the first time since I can remember I really can't bash a player (maybe Beans) but even he had contributed for who he is. Though certain players have particular flaws and bad games, I still believe they are a net positive, so I don't really get too down on any player.

We needed Jack today and he came through.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:46 pm
Jarrett Jack fuks up one iso play and people call for his head. He fires off 3 STRAIGHT isolation jumpers late in the 4th to bring us within 2 points of the lead and no one gives him credit. I'm just gonna say it one more time. Jarrett Jack has been doing this **** the whole. entire. season.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:01 am
agreed 8th ave... I dont get why fans were so hard on Jack in Game 3... he is one of the reasons why we are in the 2nd round. We're playing with house money. No one expected us in this round. Fans should just have fun and enjoy the show.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:05 am
You two are overreacting. Nobody said here that they hate Jack or something like that. He just sucked royally these series, and people noticed it. And last night he continued in the same rhythm. If you check his plus/minus you will see how bad he was, he just looked lost in these series, like he had no idea what to do.
So, of course that at that moment people will be upset about it, they see that their team can win a game, and see a guy who is the only one looking that much out of place.

Thankfully, he sobered up, or whatever it was, and played his usual hero mode, like we used to during the regular season.

No big deal whatsoever. But it is expected to take some heat when you play bad.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:34 am
Guybrush wrote:You two are overreacting. Nobody said here that they hate Jack or something like that. He just sucked royally these series, and people noticed it. And last night he continued in the same rhythm. If you check his plus/minus you will see how bad he was, he just looked lost in these series, like he had no idea what to do.
So, of course that at that moment people will be upset about it, they see that their team can win a game, and see a guy who is the only one looking that much out of place.

Thankfully, he sobered up, or whatever it was, and played his usual hero mode, like we used to during the regular season.

No big deal whatsoever. But it is expected to take some heat when you play bad.

I didn't claim that it was anyone here who was calling for Jack's head although there have been some people on here who have been complaining about Jack's isolation plays. I've seen the criticism on facebook, espn, twitter, and other places as well and that's why it bothered the crap out of me.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:49 am
Guybrush wrote:If you check his plus/minus you will see how bad he was, he just looked lost in these series, like he had no idea what to do.

Okay, I checked it. Explain to me how it suggests that he had no idea what to do on the floor.

All Star
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:32 am
Fans are super reactionary everywhere.

At any one point in the season if fans decided anything everyone would have been traded for someone shittier except for David Lee and Stephen Curry.
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:36 am
You won't see that there, I just added to the statement. If you watched the games, and before his last quarter/OT heroics, he was just running around with the ball, hoping something will happen by itself. Like there was no plan. If not that, then it was an early uncontested shot.
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:43 am
Blackfoot wrote:Fans are super reactionary everywhere.

At any one point in the season if fans decided anything everyone would have been traded for someone shittier except for David Lee and Stephen Curry.

I haven't read anywhere anything to that extent, that they want to trade him, that he is garbage, or whatever it was that irked you guys. Reaction was that he played bad, which he did.

The only overreaction I see here is this one now, that somehow those fans that were unhappy with his bad play should apologize, or whatever, and say that he played good in the end. I really don't see a big deal, and I feel it's being blown out of the proportion. He played bad, people complained, he pulled himself together, and improved, all are silent, cause everything is back to normal. The end.

Maybe I just haven't read that 8th did, but still, you will always find few assholes who badmouth players, regardless of the result.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball