All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:24 am
Via MT2: Confirmed: David Lee out for the year with a complete tear
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:59 am
Theres no way we can beat Denver without our second best player.

If ever there was a time for Jackson to try the Ezeli-Bogut tandem up top, it's now. You lose a lotta offense, but you gotta find a way to stop Denver from scoring inside.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:09 am
Wow, that's a huge blow. I was kind of prepared for it though the way he was acting afterwards. Landry really needs to step it up. Maybe we can go small and get Jefferson some minutes at pf because there's no way I want to see Biedrins on the court and after Green's defense yesterday I'm not sure how many minutes he's going to see.

All Star
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:23 am
Wow
Role Player
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:10 pm
32 wrote:Theres no way we can beat Denver without our second best player.

If ever there was a time for Jackson to try the Ezeli-Bogut tandem up top, it's now. You lose a lotta offense, but you gotta find a way to stop Denver from scoring inside.

I agree. You gotta try whatever you can. But if Ezeli and Bogut play together, who backs them up? I know Landry will play a lot, but without Lee and Landry together, this almost certainly means minutes for Biedrins. Mark Jackson is crazy if he still tries to go small and say puts Landry at center. I guess Green will be getting time at power forward as well.

If I was Jackson I would rotate Landry, Ezeli, and Biedrins all at the power forward, and Bogut, Ezeli, Biedrins at the center. See the Warriors have too many centers and not enough power forward/centers. But they might as well experiment for next year and see if the Ezeli and Bogut combo does anything. He has to have some guts.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:39 pm
To me, I think Andris gets the minutes. When they go Koufos + McGee, we have to go bigger.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:47 pm
Just a devastating blow to this team. I don't know what shot they had in advancing past this round, but you would think they have little to no shot now.

All Star
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:50 pm
Given the Nuggets defense in the paint and their awful perimeter defense, this may help us. We were taking too many shots in the paint. We need to live on the perimeter and stop jacking up all those lay ups.

This sucks dick though.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:08 pm
I think Landry should see the huge minutes boost (up to mid 30's per game).

I don't want Festus to get too much PT ... he has horrible hands and with him and Bogut in the front court, teams will crowd the 3 point line knowing we won't be taking many shots in the paint. We have to go with Landry because he:

1) Has better hands
2) Has a "jump shot" (depending what game u watch)
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:11 am
Look who's alive. :)

Landry had some really bad moments last game, so I don't know how much we can expect of him when he plays even more minutes. Maybe we should really try to stretch it at times with Barnes at PF.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:21 am
Crap!!

I'm not giving up tho on the upset. Did anyone see that Hornets vs Lakers series a few yrs back? Landry was a factor in that series and they played the Lakers tough.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:23 am
Guys will have to step up to make this a series. Carl Landry does add a different dimension to the game as a guy that post up. This may work in favor of the Warriors against the Nuggets since Faried is out.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:53 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:Guys will have to step up to make this a series. Carl Landry does add a different dimension to the game as a guy that post up. This may work in favor of the Warriors against the Nuggets since Faried is out.

Faried's not out; he was out. And even then, if Denver thought they were in any danger of losing the series, he could have played on his ankle in game 1. He may not be 100% upon return, but he's damn near it.

Losing Lee hurts because neither Bogut, Ezeli, Green, or even Landry can knock down the long midrange like Lee. With Denver's athletic bigs switching on all our picks, the only real shot that's been open on those plays has been the top of the key pop from a showing big. Landry missed that exact jumper to give LA the victory in game 81.

That being said, Bogut was a monster defending the paint in the 4th which is promising... But he's usually hot outta the gate and ebbs production after a game or two. I'd be shocked if he blocks 4 shots again, especially with the Manimal coming back.

Curry won't stay cold all series, but game 1 looked to be our best shot at stealing one on the road. At this point, I'm hoping for a 2-2 tie by the end of game 4, at which point game 5 decides the series.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 pm
Definately a huge blow because he was most of the offense inside. The team has to take it to the basket a little more, shoot well from the outside as usual and Landry and Bogut have to score well. Looks pretty grim, but they spanked them today like noone thought.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:25 pm
Dam, man... Anyone still think David Lee isn't expendable?

Next

Return to Warriors Basketball