Game Thread: Warriors @ Portland Trail Blazers 2013-04-17

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:49 pm
Golden State Warriors (46 - 35) @ Portland Trail Blazers (33 - 48)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ Rose Garden
Local TV: CSN Bay Area Plus
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Portland Trail Blazers:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Meyers Leonard
PF - J.J. Hickson
SF - Victor Claver
SG - Will Barton
PG - Damian Lillard

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (22.8) | L. Aldridge (21.0)
RPG - D. Lee (11.2) | J. Hickson (10.5)
APG - S. Curry (6.9) | D. Lillard (6.5)
SPG - S. Curry (1.6) | W. Mathews (1.3)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.7) | L. Aldridge (1.2)
Last edited by krome on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:44 pm
If we manage to lose this game, when the 6th spot is on the line, and bear in mind that Portland lost 11 in a row, if not more...then we don't deserve to be 6th seed.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:46 pm
Guybrush wrote:If we manage to lose this game, when the 6th spot is on the line, and bear in mind that Portland lost 11 in a row, if not more...then we don't deserve to be 6th seed.

Disagree about not deserving it if we lose. We should already have the sixth seed. We already deserve the sixth seed.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:27 pm
You can't deserve something, if you lose to a team that is playing the worst basketball in over a month, and is playing without Aldridge, Batum and Matthews. Whatever you've done before won't count if you lay an egg when it counts the most. You need to forget the game against the Lakers and other stuff, at least for that game, it's the most important game for this team now.

Pretty simple, you win, you have the 6th spot, you lose, you've pretty much lost it and you're gonna get knocked out of the POs by the Spurs. That's the mentality they need coming into that game.

They might have deserved it, but NBA and Lakers took it away, now they got one more shot at it, courtesy by Phoenix Suns. You gotta do what is in your power to grab what you believe is rightfully yours, it won't be handed to you, especially in today's game (sports).
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:30 pm
We got a second chance for that spot, no matter how wrongfully we lost it the first time. Now it's all in our players' hands.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:42 pm
Eh, we deserve the sixth seed either way. Losing here would be nothing more than just "can't win em all," especially for a team closing out at home in front of their fans.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:49 pm
I don't know. I don't see it that way...it's not just one of the games, it's THE game for this team now. I can't see how it could be more important to them to close it out with a win, than for us to keep 6th spot.

They probably won't even have the full arena, playing badly as they are, no three starters, and no drive at all. I think even the fans would feel the same whether they won or lost that one.

If we played Thunder, Spurs, Bulls, Pacers...then you could say "eh, can't win them all", but this one...you gotta win this one if you mean business.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:58 pm
Portland will probably have a good amount of people there. Top three in attendance almost every year.

Teams lose to teams they shouldn't all the time at all parts of the year and it doesn't change from any part. We just call them different names. At the start of the season, it's called a slow start. In the middle of the season it's called a slump. Near the end, it's called choking (synonymous with not deserving I think.)

I prefer winning this game, but I am not going to say we don't deserve the sixth seed if we lose this, because the sixth seed should already be clinched if it wasn't for the Lakers game.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:40 pm
Absolutely, and losing that game would be choking. And chokers kind of don't deserve spots they lost due to choking.

Lakers won more than just that game in the same fashion. I'm not sure, but they might have beaten Rockets as well.

If we won one more game against the Kings would also make that game against the Lakers irrelevant. Can't blame all on one game, we got robbed, but other teams did as well...we could have clinched that spot earlier, and we need to NOT choke now, cause we wasted some opportunities before the Lakers game.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:05 pm
Bad calls even out when they are natural. I don't care if one team got a break or didn't because it evened out. That's not true when the game is purposefully given to another team.

And it's not choking, I was making a point. Random variation still affects every game and there are always those "oops" games, no matter the part of the season.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:49 pm
They're on a back-to-back, and they have a buncha rookies in the lineup. We should be able to smash this ****.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:58 pm
A least the Warriors have some control over where we finish on the ladder and we're not relying on other results. There should be plenty of motivation to get the W and 6th position.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:03 pm
I see what you're trying to say blackfoot, but I also agree with Guy - it isn't that we just dropped a couple of gimmies or some close games to lesser teams - we've been embarrassed several times and there has been a lot of games that we lost when we should have won. Or at least I feel that way, but maybe we really aren't that good...

You sure in the hell don't see the Lakers, Rockets, Nuggets, Jazz or the Mavericks dropping their season series against a team like the Kings - and look particularly bad doing it.

Not saying we don't deserve it - we are in this position for a reason and nobody can quantify such a thing beyond results (record), but if we drop this game to a bunch of kids that are young enough to be playing for a JC, on a team that is in full-blown tank mode.... it will be about as big of a choke as you'll see prior to the postseason.

Let's hope all of this speculation is unnecessary.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:58 pm
JREED wrote:I see what you're trying to say blackfoot, but I also agree with Guy - it isn't that we just dropped a couple of gimmies or some close games to lesser teams - we've been embarrassed several times and there has been a lot of games that we lost when we should have won. Or at least I feel that way, but maybe we really aren't that good...

You sure in the hell don't see the Lakers, Rockets, Nuggets, Jazz or the Mavericks dropping their season series against a team like the Kings - and look particularly bad doing it.

Not saying we don't deserve it - we are in this position for a reason and nobody can quantify such a thing beyond results (record), but if we drop this game to a bunch of kids that are young enough to be playing for a JC, on a team that is in full-blown tank mode.... it will be about as big of a choke as you'll see prior to the postseason.

Let's hope all of this speculation is unnecessary.

All of those teams have struggled vs a lesser opponent. Rockets in particular have struggled for the Suns, same with the Lakers.

It's the natural process, sometimes inferior teams win or do well.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:30 pm
It's official!!! Steph Curry most 3-points made in a season. PERIOD.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Next

Return to Game Threads