Western seeding.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:30 am
Nah, we beat the twolves and they lose to the grizzlies and everything is chill. They will probably beat the grizzlies though since they are at home. I am pretty sure the spurs will be resting, but I guess I don't know.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:37 am
I wish the Dubs made a similar chart on their official site:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/1213_playoff_tracker

EDIT: NVM, just saw this:

http://www.nba.com/warriors/playoffs/2013/tracker
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:11 am
Blackfoot wrote:Nah, we beat the twolves and they lose to the grizzlies and everything is chill. They will probably beat the grizzlies though since they are at home. I am pretty sure the spurs will be resting, but I guess I don't know.

Why would the Spurs rest anyone with the Thunder only a half a game behind them? No, Spurs will be playing for that no. 1 seed. 8th Ave is right, the Rockets have a much more favorable schedule.

Remaining games:
WarriorsRockets
OKCMEM
@LALSAC
SAS@PHX
@POR@LAL

If we figure that @LAL and @POR are wins (which they very well could be loses), we still need an upset. Either that or the Rockets need to be upset at least once if you figure that their only lose is MEM on the remaining schedule.

The season is far from over, these next 4 games will be just as important as any we've play up until we clinched and we will need to over-perform or they will need to under-perform. Without the 6th seed, we might as well pat ourselves on the backs for a nice little season and call it a day.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:19 pm
Popovich doesn't care about seeding, just health.

But we could very well be the seventh seed, you are not wrong on that.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:38 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Popovich doesn't care about seeding, just health.

But we could very well be the seventh seed, you are not wrong on that.

Against the Nuggets, Duncan, Leonard, Splitter and green all play just under their season average minutes. There is a pretty big difference between playing the 8th seed (Lakers/Jazz) over the 7th seed (Warriors/Rockets). You might be right over the next few games, but I'd be surprised if Pop would let that 1st seed slip away - for long - if the Thunder beat us tonight, they'll be 1st. San Antonio is cheering on Steph and Co. tonight.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:31 pm
I think the Spurs are too seasoned to care about seeding, honestly.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:43 pm
What if the Lakers pass us?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:04 am
Looks the team will be 7th and likely facing San Antonio, which to means swept. Getting the 6th seed gives much more of a chance.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:03 pm

And here...just in case someone could miss this clip. Money is too much involved...it is now ruining the game. All sports will suffer because of it one day, hopefully soon, so we could start all over again. People will stop watching sports, knowing in advance who will win.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:39 pm
Guybrush wrote:

And here...just in case someone could miss this clip. Money is too much involved...it is now ruining the game. All sports will suffer because of it one day, hopefully soon, so we could start all over again. People will stop watching sports, knowing in advance who will win.

That's some dramatic ass backround music.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:50 am
Blackfoot wrote:I think the Spurs are too seasoned to care about seeding, honestly.

Well I stand corrected, at least at this point. I would have figured the Spurs would have tried to hang in there a little longer to fight for that no. 1 seed, but it appears that after they fell to the 2 spot, they took a long, honest look at the remaining schedule and decided that their chances weren't good and the risk wasn't worth it. Either way it's a good thing for the Warriors because the way their bench gave us all we could handle last night, we would have been blown out if they were at full strength.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:20 pm
JREED wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:I think the Spurs are too seasoned to care about seeding, honestly.

Well I stand corrected, at least at this point. I would have figured the Spurs would have tried to hang in there a little longer to fight for that no. 1 seed, but it appears that after they fell to the 2 spot, they took a long, honest look at the remaining schedule and decided that their chances weren't good and the risk wasn't worth it. Either way it's a good thing for the Warriors because the way their bench gave us all we could handle last night, we would have been blown out if they were at full strength.

The Spurs are beyond happy getting either Houston or Golden State, instead of the Lakers and their track record of suspect officiating in the post season. For as much as the league loves the Lakers, they traditionally have hated the Spurs. I'm not surprised, with the writing on the wall of LA being playoff bound, that the Spurs surrendered the 1 seed. Popp is too smart.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:31 am
32 wrote:
JREED wrote:

The Spurs are beyond happy getting either Houston or Golden State, instead of the Lakers and their track record of suspect officiating in the post season. For as much as the league loves the Lakers, they traditionally have hated the Spurs. I'm not surprised, with the writing on the wall of LA being playoff bound, that the Spurs surrendered the 1 seed. Popp is too smart.

Totally agree, Spurs have been favoured against for a long time. They'll handle either us or Houston much better.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball