Why isn't the NBA getting prosecuted to unfair officiating?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:16 am
I don't know where to start. Anyone who thinks that the game last night wasn't deliberately called bad on us so the Lakers could win needs to check in a mental hospital. Even Bob Fitzgerald started making up adjectives since he thinks that the refs were making up calls. Kobe had 34 points and half of the game he couldn't even walk. He shot horrible and yet had 34 points. That's because he kept going to the free throw line. There were too many horrific calls. It was incriminating and unjust. I hate to say it but it's almost like Kobe's injury was due to bad karma. Maybe it wasn't his fault that he got all the calls, but I'm just saying. Kobe has never had an injury like this and I've never seen a Warriors game as badly officiated as this. Big coincidence. On this site, members are very unbiased but you have to tell me that I'm not exaggerating by any means. This game was disgusting and made me sick. Incidentally, The Lakers got calls against the Kings and Blazers recently. Even the game at home when we crushed them, they got within 6 due to cheap calls. I think an investigation should be done because these refs have not been professional. Anyone who denies this is a homer Lakers fan or is lying to themselves.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:13 pm
And even if you take out all their Dwight free throws from their last 30 games or so, they still kill their opponent in free throw attempts.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:18 pm
Usually I'm sensitive to unfair officiating but last night.. maybe it was because that I knew from the beginning that the game was fixed and only wanted to see it because it started at 5:30am here unlike other games at 2am, but I didn't notice much unfair officiating :-o Maybe it was the bad quality of the video stream, but all I saw was that most faults were given to Warriors when they were hacking in low post, and surprisingly Howard was like 80% from the free throw line. If only Landry made one of those two last midrange shots. In the last attempt he had so much space I think he shoulda dribbled at least one step forward before attempting the shot.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:02 pm
gaga_warioz wrote:Usually I'm sensitive to unfair officiating but last night.. maybe it was because that I knew from the beginning that the game was fixed and only wanted to see it because it started at 5:30am here unlike other games at 2am, but I didn't notice much unfair officiating :-o Maybe it was the bad quality of the video stream, but all I saw was that most faults were given to Warriors when they were hacking in low post, and surprisingly Howard was like 80% from the free throw line. If only Landry made one of those two last midrange shots. In the last attempt he had so much space I think he shoulda dribbled at least one step forward before attempting the shot.

Well fair enough, but the game was the most rigged game in possibly history. Just watch the last 6 minutes. I'm not making excuses for the Warriors loss, either way this game was incriminating. For example: Kobe fell down when Barnes was guarding him. He got 2 free throws. That alone costed us the game. There were calls when Thompson didn't even foul Kobe and Kobe could barely walk and all he did was throw himself at Thompson to get to the line. Metta World Peace initiated contact on Ezeli and Ezeli got called for the foul. Dwight Howard set an illegal screen and pushed Curry into Blake and Blake got to shoot 2 free throws. I'm not even sure if Jack stepped out of bounds at the end, they called it late. If that was the Lakers, it would be a non call. Another example was when Gasol pushed off on Lee and Lee got called for the foul. That's already about 12 extra points the refs gave off the top of my head. It was phantom. Unethical. A dishonest game of officiating. It's obvious that they want the Lakers to make the playoffs. As far as Kobe, Karma.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:11 pm
It was an absolutely laughable spectacle of basketball. Haven't seen it this bad since the 2006 Finals. Kinda thing where you're looking around and asking - is this really happening? Is this basketball still? Love the reaction of the GSW announcers because they saw it too and didn't ease off it. Literally is making me second guess being an NBA fan. If this is the WWE just say so, because last night was not honest competition. Anyone who watched that game couldn't realistically say that any integrity was attached to that game.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:02 pm
That was the most blantant, infuriating, disgraceful, despicable, outrageous, and sickening display of ref bias in the history of the NBA. If only Curry had hit that full court shot. The NBA should be ashamed.
This season is not a flop.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:43 am
There's a vid on Youtube showing some 4mins of footage from Lakers v Dallas, v Kings and v Blazers that shows some absolute bias towards the Lakers. It is not that hidden either and as long as fans continue to pay their good money towards the nba, it will turn into a super league as such, with a few megapowerhouse teams and the rest of the teams permanent lesser likes. Like the soccer leagues in Europe.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:56 am
I feel for Kobe's injury, I feel for anyone's injury. But the refs should not have been giving him treatment like that. What's pathetic is the abundant amount of Lakers fans who act like we are the one's attacking them and being haterz. LMAO. There is a youtube video showing about 25 plays in which the Warriors didn't even touch the Lakers and yet they were called as fouls. I don't understand why Jackson or any of the players didn't call out the officiating during their interviews. It's almost like everyone is intimidated to step up and say something.

This made me respect the league much less. They really were doing anything they could for the Lakers to keep them in the playoffs. That is a fact. We were watching WWE. Will they still give Lakers preferential treatment now that Kobe's done?
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:01 pm
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:23 pm
The NBA fined Warriors guard Jarrett Jack $25,000 Sunday for verbal abuse of a referee after the loss to the Lakers.
Several Warriors players were upset with the officiating during the game, which had a stark free-throw disparity. The Lakers shot 50 free throws to the Warriors' 16.

Several calls went against the Warriors down the stretch. Curry was called for a foul fighting through a screen, leading to free throws for Steve Blake. Jack was knocked to the floor while corralling a loose ball, but no foul was called. Klay Thompson appeared to have been fouled on a fast-break layup but didn't get the whistle.
Jack was unavailable for comment on the fine.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:10 am
The NBA has been "fixing" games for a long time. They're looking at it from a financial standpoint. Would people rather watch the Jazz or the Lakers in the playoffs? Who will get them the best ratings, which in turn, more money? The answer, the Lakers. Its not the Warriors that got screwed out of the 6th seed, but the Jazz who got screwed out of the playoffs. People who don't think that Stern and the NBA has control over certain games are naive.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:07 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:The NBA has been "fixing" games for a long time. They're looking at it from a financial standpoint. Would people rather watch the Jazz or the Lakers in the playoffs? Who will get them the best ratings, which in turn, more money? The answer, the Lakers. Its not the Warriors that got screwed out of the 6th seed, but the Jazz who got screwed out of the playoffs. People who don't think that Stern and the NBA has control over certain games are naive.

So how does Stern conduct the officiating? Calls the refs and tell them?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:55 am
Stairway Man wrote:
BayAreaHoopz wrote:The NBA has been "fixing" games for a long time. They're looking at it from a financial standpoint. Would people rather watch the Jazz or the Lakers in the playoffs? Who will get them the best ratings, which in turn, more money? The answer, the Lakers. Its not the Warriors that got screwed out of the 6th seed, but the Jazz who got screwed out of the playoffs. People who don't think that Stern and the NBA has control over certain games are naive.

So how does Stern conduct the officiating? Calls the refs and tell them?

Just the head official; I don't think all 3 refs are told the details, but they follow the lead of their head master. Stern's been steering things since he first came into office. The great thing about We Believe was watching the officials, the first 4 games, TRYING to compensate for Dallas getting worked. When you're shooting lights out, even Stern's reach can't touch you.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:55 am
The league, supposedly, reviews all games to grade their officiating. So I find it hard to believe that they can watch a game like the Lakers vs Warriors, and not come out and say it was badly officiated which they rarely do. They got what they want. If you look at the Nielson ratings for the NBA Finals since 2000, the Lakers have an average rating of 10.52 while the other games without the Lakers are at 8.28. Thats a big difference. If we could figure it out, then I'm sure the NBA can. Lakers in the playoffs/finals equal more money. It doesn't take a financial guru to get to that conclusion. Unfortunately for the NBA, they didn't see the Kobe Byrant injury happening but I think Dwight Howard can carry that team from a financial standpoint.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:32 pm
The difference in ad revenue is probably in the millions if the Lakers get in the playoffs instead of the Jazz. There's the motive right there. I also think that Stern living through the likes of Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and mega mega mega cash cow Michael Jordan, he saw that star power was the way to make money, not team ball. Superstars sell games, even if they're fabricated and untouchable.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball