I think The Kings show us what our weaknesses are

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:23 am
I'd take Iggy over Klay, but if we are just speaking offensively, I'd take Klay over Iggy.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:26 pm
Iguodala's offensive regression is a concern, so I'd probably go with Klay, as he can only really improve from here on.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:30 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Average Floor spacers and three point shooting > Average Slasher

Unless you are talking Dwayne Wade or Eric Gordon, there is not really any slasher I want.

Not when you have a surplus of one or the other.

If your team is all slashers, then of course you value shooters more because it's likely that teams are zoning you up and you need someone to hit from outside to open the lane again. But it goes both ways. Teams never have to double our shooters because we don't have anyone who can break off a defender via the dribble.

Go tell Jordan, Pippen, Magic, DRose, Tony Parker, Charles Barkley, or any number of other non-3-point-shooters that an outside jumper is more important than getting into the paint. Michael Jordan is the greatest player ever; possibly the greatest scorer (not that I'm gonna back up that argument), and hitting 3's was never his game.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:42 pm
We don't have a surplus of three point shooters. We have two guys who can consistently knock down the three ball in Curry and Klay. They space the floor for lee. A slasher who can't knock down the three is much worse of a player than a guy who can consistently knock down the three and not slash. That's why every team on the cutting edge of numbers build their teams to take a **** ton of threes and the best offenses build around shooting threes.

Of course, there are amazing players who don't shoot the three a lot and that's fine. But when you are speaking in terms of just average ability, a three point shooter is always more important than an average slasher.

The only slasher in this league that we can get that could possibly make us better is Eric Gordon. Anything else, we are making our team worse on offense.

Klay is very underrated here and it's a shame, I believe.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:48 pm
I tend to agree that shooting is more important, but both Curry and Klay do that abit with taking it to the basket. I think Barnes could be the one that does both very well and his improvement will be huge.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:08 am
I think Curry is developing his inside game quite a bit this year. He is in the 95th percentile in the restricted area and because his floater is so sweet.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:20 pm
Again, people seem so focused on offensive abilities to determine whats best for this team or not. This team has enough offense and in many ways, there just isn't enough ball to go around which is why Lee's shot attempts are so erratic. He could have a game where he gets 18 shots and then 10 in the very next one while Curry is pretty consistent at the 18-20 shot range every game. Lee is this team's best player, in my opinion, and he needs a consistent number of attempts per game. Getting a guy like Iguodala, who doesn't take a lot of shot attempts, will bode well for guys like David Lee and Andrew Bogut. Two guys that account for nearly $28M of their pay roll.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:31 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:Again, people seem so focused on offensive abilities to determine whats best for this team or not. This team has enough offense and in many ways, there just isn't enough ball to go around which is why Lee's shot attempts are so erratic. He could have a game where he gets 18 shots and then 10 in the very next one while Curry is pretty consistent at the 18-20 shot range every game. Lee is this team's best player, in my opinion, and he needs a consistent number of attempts per game. Getting a guy like Iguodala, who doesn't take a lot of shot attempts, will bode well for guys like David Lee and Andrew Bogut. Two guys that account for nearly $28M of their pay roll.

Lee would be the team's best player if Curry didn't exist.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball