Western seeding.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:30 pm
I was pretty wrong with a lot of my preseason predictions, but I will gladly pat myself on the back for the nuggets at third pick.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:37 pm
Blackfoot wrote:I was pretty wrong with a lot of my preseason predictions, but I will gladly pat myself on the back for the nuggets at third pick.

You're not alone; we all made some pretty glaring mistakes.

Although, with self-praise, I'm pretty damn proud that I called the Lakers' nabbing the 8th seed while they were still sinking in a pile of sh*t. 8)
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:15 pm
32 wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:I was pretty wrong with a lot of my preseason predictions, but I will gladly pat myself on the back for the nuggets at third pick.

You're not alone; we all made some pretty glaring mistakes.

Although, with self-praise, I'm pretty damn proud that I called the Lakers' nabbing the 8th seed while they were still sinking in a pile of sh*t. 8)

Not so fast. Looks like Dallas has a chance for that last playoff spot now. It's pretty stupid actually. You'd think it'll be a gimme game for Clippers to give them some cushion against Denver, but hopefully it'll even out when Denver plays in San Antonio tonight.

If we play Denver in the playoffs, we're gonna get smacked. If we play LA or Memphis, there'll be a better chance we take the series although we still wouldn't be considered favorites.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:35 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:I think we matchup quite well against the Nugs. We didn't have Bogut in any of the games against them this season I think and he'd make a big difference. Beating them in Denver would be hard, but the team has the players to beat them.

You make a couple good points, migs, but Denver worries me because they're a Nellieball, fast-paced team that knows how to rebound and defend (which sounds like an oxymoron, I know). What they lack in a star player, they make up for by being better than the sum of their parts. I'm not sure if I've seen a team achieve this sort of unwarranted hyper success since the 2004 Pistons.

Pertaining to Bogut helping... It's tough to say. Denver used the drive-and-kick, ala Houston, during many of our games, so the biggest factor (besides rotating) is whether or not they're hitting on a particular night. I'm not afraid of their inside play - where Bogut would potentially help the most - I'm worried of them going small and having to watch Lee/Landry crash out against Gallinari, or Andrew Miller bullying Curry at will, or trying to figure out exactly how we'd close out on a lineup of Gallo, Lawson, Iggy, and Chandler. They've got a lot of Nellie-type players; athletic, skillful, can play multiple positions.

As far as the glass, their best rebounder is Kenneth Faried and David Lee is powerless to stop him. Lets say Rebounder 1 has a great nose for rebounds and collects a lot of glass, while Rebounder 2 is solid at boxing out and keeping his opposite number off the boards. Andrew Bogut is a type 2 and Lee is a type 1. Because of this, Bogut's boxing out of guys like McGee, Koufos, and Mozgof (who don't provide a ton of rebounding anyways) is wasted, while Lee's style of going after rebounds is neutralized by a scrappy workhorse like Faried. Against 25 others teams, I'd say our rebounding isn't an issue. But against Chicago, San Antonio, Memphis, Oklahoma City, and Denver... yeah, I'm worried about it.

Personally, gimmie Memphis, LAC, and THEN Denver...

I'm with you on prefering to get the Griz or Clips, but I'm not as worried about getting the Nugs as much as most probably would be.

I think Bogut, when playing properly, neutralises almost any Center they have, though Koufos has been quite good for a few games the last month and McGee can explode any time. Bogut's fundamentals over the course of a series trump bursts like that. I just haven't seen enough monsterly rebounding games from Faried to say that he is an elite rebounder yet, though it looks like he will be very soon. I think Lee can match him and the big difference with those two is that Lee is far more polished offensively. I don't see Faried reacting well enough to stop Lee from getting his points, though Faried has the energy to defend well, just doesn't seem to be great yet. I think the rebounding is pretty equal between the two teams, but yea, Denver has the capability to outrebound every team, all the time, with their bigs that they have.

I think right now the biggest thing about Denver is the incredible performances from their bench. They outscore the starters half the time it looks and our bench just isn't that strong. Unless Jack and Landry are scoring over fifteen each, we get trounced most games against them.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:23 pm
I still don't want Denver.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:29 am
Looks like it will be either them or Griozz now, Clips have lost a few. Either way, both teams are hot, but I see that Denver is without Lawson and have been for a while and now Galinarri might be out the rest of the season. If both are out for the 1st round, I'd rather play them, we'd have matchup advantages I think.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:24 am
The thing is they don't lose at home. It's that simple. They just don't. Hell they're even hard to beat when they're on the road. Maybe both of those injuries changes things. How long is Lawson out for?

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:37 pm
8th ave wrote:The thing is they don't lose at home. It's that simple. They just don't. Hell they're even hard to beat when they're on the road. Maybe both of those injuries changes things. How long is Lawson out for?

Two weeks said the report on the April 3rd.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:33 pm
Denver is without their top two scorers for the 1st round likely then and that makes them ripe for the pickings. Thing is, they'll probably lose some of their last games and not be 3rd. Still, they have lost two players and it is hard to adjust to that. I want them.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:51 pm
Clippers are two games back and with only seven games remaining it looks like we will either get the Nuggets or Grizzlies in the first round.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:14 am
We still haven't sewn up the 6th seed yet although the Nuggets did us a massive favour by spanking the Rockets to give us a little breathing space.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 pm
Warriors lose to Jazz at home. The problem is we lose the tie breaker to Houston. They have an easy schedule. We may play the Thunder.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:05 pm
Stairway Man wrote:Warriors lose to Jazz at home. The problem is we lose the tie breaker to Houston. They have an easy schedule. We may play the Thunder.

Could also possibly be the Spurs.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:54 am
Did last nights game just cost the Warriors their 6th spot? Man, so unfortunate, they have held the 6th spot for so long. They won't be able to play against the Spurs or Thunder. Would you be excited to face a Spurs team or Thunder? Plus there is pride. It doesn't sit well with me knowing that another young team with Harden as their only dominate force could be higher than us.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:15 am
Fuk, man. We have OKC, San Antonio, and the Spurs within the next 3 games. Houston has Phoenix twice and Sacramento once. They have a more favorable matchup their next 5 and they own the tie breaker against us. Right now it look like we're going to be 7th seed.

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball