Can we hold off the Lakers?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:11 pm
Marc Gasol is out indefinitely. Now a match up vs them in the first round doesn't seem so daunting.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:17 am
Blackfoot wrote:Marc Gasol is out indefinitely. Now a match up vs them in the first round doesn't seem so daunting.

For how long do you guys think he'll be out? I'm sure he'll be back for the 'offs.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:57 pm
I think he will miss part of the first round and the rest of the regular season.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:26 pm
Blackfoot wrote:I think he will miss part of the first round and the rest of the regular season.

Part of the 1st round? Did it look that bad? :-o

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:35 pm
It's the same thing Bosh had and he missed five weeks.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:37 pm
I've been clamoring for a 1st round matchup with Memphis since the Rudy Gay trade.

Now that Gasol's out, it looks like a cakewalk.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:08 pm
They have been better offensively without Gay and the same exact team defensively. But Gasol being out, that's big.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:13 pm
Blackfoot wrote:They have been better offensively without Gay and the same exact team defensively. But Gasol being out, that's big.

Statistically, I'm sure you're right. But I don't believe stats tell the whole story and losing a talent like Gay hurts a team no matter how you slice it.

Either way, I hope they get Memphis in the first round.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:20 pm
Well the year they pushed OKC to game seven in the second round was without Rudy Gay. The year they lost in the first round Rudy Gay was on the team.

I think his impact is overstated at this point. He has only gotten worse on offense since four years ago. Which sucks because he used to be a guy that I said I would build my team around.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:37 am
Blackfoot wrote:Well the year they pushed OKC to game seven in the second round was without Rudy Gay. The year they lost in the first round Rudy Gay was on the team.

I think his impact is overstated at this point. He has only gotten worse on offense since four years ago. Which sucks because he used to be a guy that I said I would build my team around.

Sooo, tell me, would you rather meet Paul and Griffin's very improved Clippers compared to last year or the smoking hot Nuggets? Memphis is WITH OUT A DOUBT the team that we have biggest chance to advance against. I'm positive that we don't advance against the Nuggets and the Clippers - they're just too good.

Memphis is a good system-team, but we have clearly more potential than them and I think it will show in a potential 1st round matchup.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:11 pm
AndreasRiis wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:Well the year they pushed OKC to game seven in the second round was without Rudy Gay. The year they lost in the first round Rudy Gay was on the team.

Sooo, tell me, would you rather meet Paul and Griffin's very improved Clippers compared to last year or the smoking hot Nuggets? Memphis is WITH OUT A DOUBT the team that we have biggest chance to advance against. I'm positive that we don't advance against the Nuggets and the Clippers - they're just too good.

Memphis is a good system-team, but we have clearly more potential than them and I think it will show in a potential 1st round matchup.

He's not gonna argue. I think Blackfoot wants Memphis too (provided Gasol is out).

We've had a running debate on the value of Rudy Gay going for a while now. But as far as first round matchups, I think he and I are in agreement. Memphis is vulnerable.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:25 pm
Yeah, in a vacuum I'd definitely rather have Memphis over the Clippers or Nuggets. They are the weakest of the three. I can't help but feel that we match up well vs the Clippers well. Wouldn't argue with getting either in the first round.

Teams to avoid: Thunder, Nuggets.
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:19 pm
I just realized that before holding off LossAfterLoss (LAL), we gotta hold off the Rockets first.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:12 am
I now think Memphis is the team to get, they are weaker, but that'll likely move them to 5th. Looks like Denver right now and to be honest, I think we matchup well with them, just they are so good at home.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:14 pm
migya wrote:I now think Memphis is the team to get, they are weaker, but that'll likely move them to 5th. Looks like Denver right now and to be honest, I think we matchup well with them, just they are so good at home.

Who are you scared of, migs?

The Clippers?
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball