Game Thread: Warriors @ San Antonio Spurs 2013-03-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:49 pm
i love how barnet and bob supplement each other
barnett: 'this game will be decided in first three minutes of this game' (i see nothing decided, yet)
bob: 'warriors are more than back in the game' (more than back? are they winning?)
:D
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:03 pm
missed opportunities :banghead:

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:16 pm
martin wrote:missed opportunities :banghead:

Exactly we need to limit these turnovers also, its killing us.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:26 pm
In Curry we trust.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:26 pm
common, we can take :evil:

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:35 pm
Damn Duncan is age-less, he just plays so smart.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:38 pm
Damn looks like it will be 29 in a row for the spurs at their home against us, thats crazy.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:39 pm
we had all the chances in the world...

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:46 pm
Yea, we have to play an almost perfect game against the Spurs to beat them, they are a well oiled machine, even without Parker, the coaching/system and Duncan does it for them
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:46 pm
I don't like that Curry - Jack lineup. It's like Monta never left, undersized on D, and Jack is taking too many mid ranger jumpers, and keeping the ball in his hands. I want the ball as much as possible in Steph's possession.

Also, why is Harrison now getting so little minutes? He had 13 points in 16 minutes. No matter what, we are going to watch same players, even if others are hot, and playing good, and the "favorites" are having bad nights.

I was watching Klay's D tonight because of all of the talk here, and I can't say I saw him playing great D. The one play that stands out is a 3 from Ginobili when we just closed in a bit on them, where Klay was like three steps away from Manu, and Manu was standing there, he didn't go through any screens.

Might look like a rant, but some of those things are annoying me for quite some time, like that Jack playing time, and control he has, lack of Barnes, and forcing players when they can't get it done, over guys who were good. Kent played great D, for instance, far better than Klay.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:48 pm
The previous post is more about things that are bothering me in general. And in this game, they killed us inside. Bogut and Lee looked like a little kids compared to Duncan. And they shot (combined) 6 out of 26. Pathetic.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:59 pm
spurs didn't play a good game today untill last 3 minutes, they missed open threes, made a lot of mistakes. we just could not capitalize on any of this.
lee struggled, bogut was pretty much non factor tonight. no double teams needed and thus no open shots from perimeter for the lack of tempo and ball movement. curry tried to do it himself, but it was not enough.
klay was bad as well. yeah, we did not click enough.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:01 pm
and barnes. dude has one of the better games on offense and sits down for eternity, i saw him struggling against kahwi in first quarter, but klay was no better against ginobili and was not scoring.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:02 pm
Guybrush wrote:I don't like that Curry - Jack lineup. It's like Monta never left, undersized on D, and Jack is taking too many mid ranger jumpers, and keeping the ball in his hands. I want the ball as much as possible in Steph's possession.

Also, why is Harrison now getting so little minutes? He had 13 points in 16 minutes. No matter what, we are going to watch same players, even if others are hot, and playing good, and the "favorites" are having bad nights.

I was watching Klay's D tonight because of all of the talk here, and I can't say I saw him playing great D. The one play that stands out is a 3 from Ginobili when we just closed in a bit on them, where Klay was like three steps away from Manu, and Manu was standing there, he didn't go through any screens.

Might look like a rant, but some of those things are annoying me for quite some time, like that Jack playing time, and control he has, lack of Barnes, and forcing players when they can't get it done, over guys who were good. Kent played great D, for instance, far better than Klay.

It's not like that at all because Jack plays really good defense on PG. Our most effective line up in terms of production is both of them. Curry also plays his best when Jack is in and he did worse when Ellis was in. Not a fair comparison.

Klay looked tired today. Not his normal effort on defense.

Also, I am not sure why anyone would want to face the Spurs in the playoffs at all. They are ruthlessly consistent.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:34 pm
Spurs are just too good. We have some way to go before we can be compared to the best in the west.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads