Bogut has been pleasantly surprising the last 2 games

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:52 am
After an atrocious finish in Chicago, I thought Bogut was looking real worn out and washed. But the last 2 games, he has put up spectacular performances. And he has been the defensive anchor of this team, 3 out of the last 5 games, we have held the opposition to real low shooting percentages. We have had (3) wins that were by a deficit of more than 20 and Bogut's been a huge factor.

12 points and 12 boards against Houston, with a few blocks, and a few assists. Against NO, 8 points, 9 boards, and 5 assists, and 4 blocked shots. He is playing like an elite center and is starting to round into shape. They say he is starting to look more and more springy. Great signs. And the great thing about Bogut is that he doesn't take away any production from David Lee. D Lee had his usual 20 pt 11 rebounds and 4 assists tonight. So now we have 2 guys getting boards at around 10 a game, not just one.

All year long, the Warriors have been getting these grind out wins. After a while, you really want to see some more control, especially against the medium teams. And the Warriors are finally starting to do that, handing NY, Houston, and New Orleans some of their biggest losses of the season. Good job dubs, let's hope they can finally end that SA road losing streak. I mean without Parker, and with Bogut, there has to be a chance.

All Star
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:16 am
He stopped a 4 on 1 fast break. Let that sink in.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:40 am
Blackfoot wrote:He stopped a 4 on 1 fast break. Let that sink in.

Nice! I'd like to see a replay of that.

Yeah Stairway, I'll happily accept 9 boards, 5 assists and 4 blocks from the big man. Hopefully his ankle continues to improve and he can perform like this for the rest of the season.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:00 pm
My australian potna is finally coming around, and I ain't talkin about Migs or Pawno.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:42 am
This is somewhat overdue, but great that he is playing to his usual standard. The difference defensively he brings does wonders for this team, as the offense is already so good.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 am
migya wrote:This is somewhat overdue, but great that he is playing to his usual standard. The difference defensively he brings does wonders for this team, as the offense is already so good.

Agreed. Followers of Bogut wouldn't exactly call this stretch "surprising." This is exactly the kind of impact Bogut will make when he's healthy.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Warriors Basketball