Game Thread: Warriors @ New Orleans Hornets 2013-03-18

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:29 pm
Golden State Warriors (38 - 30) @ New Orleans Hornets (22 - 45)

Start time: 5:00 PM PST @ New Orleans Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the New Orleans Hornets:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Robin Lopez
PF - Anthony Davis
SF - Al-Farouq Aminu
SG - Eric Gordon
PG - Greivis Vasquez

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (22.0) | E. Gordon (17.0)
RPG - D. Lee (11.1) | A. Davis (7.9)
APG - S. Curry (6.7) | G. Vasquez (9.4)
SPG - S. Curry (1.6) | A. Aminu (1.2)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.6) | A. Davis (1.8)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:18 am
It's important that we don't come out flat. Curry is averaging 22?! Da fuq? Where have I been.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:22 am
The win in Houston aint gonna mean jack if we don't we this one.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:47 pm
Think this is gonna be an exciting and close one to watch, even though i hate the commentators in NO. Anthony Davis is starting to play some somre minutes and equally some nice numbers. I'll go with a win, though.

It doesn't really have any relevance, but what'cha all thinking about Jim Barnett and the other dude? I really like Jim Barnett and think he is one of the best broadcasters in the entire league aside from the guy from Chicago, some other guy from Indiana who i really enjoy and a couple of the national broadcasters, specifically Mike Tirico, Steve Kerr, Chris Webber and especially Jeff Van Gundy who is delight to listen to. But overall, i think Warriors' broadcasters are very competent compared to others around the league.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:51 pm
AndreasRiis wrote:Think this is gonna be an exciting and close one to watch, even though i hate the commentators in NO. Anthony Davis is starting to play some somre minutes and equally some nice numbers. I'll go with a win, though.

It doesn't really have any relevance, but what'cha all thinking about Jim Barnett and the other dude? I really like Jim Barnett and think he is one of the best broadcasters in the entire league aside from the guy from Chicago, some other guy from Indiana who i really enjoy and a couple of the national broadcasters, specifically Mike Tirico, Steve Kerr, Chris Webber and especially Jeff Van Gundy who is delight to listen to. But overall, i think Warriors' broadcasters are very competent compared to others around the league.

That's interesting cuz I noticed that there was a new guy on the road with JB a few games back. I know that Tim Roye took over road games for a little while, but I don't even know who the new guy is.

Anywho, Fitz was in Houston yesterday so I assume he'll be calling today's game too. Here's one thing about our broadcasters though: they are not biased. If they think the refs called a bad charge, they'll say so even if it was in the Warriors favor. JB is really insightful as well.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:20 pm
8th ave wrote:
AndreasRiis wrote:Think this is gonna be an exciting and close one to watch, even though i hate the commentators in NO. Anthony Davis is starting to play some somre minutes and equally some nice numbers. I'll go with a win, though.

That's interesting cuz I noticed that there was a new guy on the road with JB a few games back. I know that Tim Roye took over road games for a little while, but I don't even know who the new guy is.

Anywho, Fitz was in Houston yesterday so I assume he'll be calling today's game too. Here's one thing about our broadcasters though: they are not biased. If they think the refs called a bad charge, they'll say so even if it was in the Warriors favor. JB is really insightful as well.

Bob Fitzgerald is the Warriors' play-by-play guy. He's REALLY good, despite local fans griping about homerism - take a listen to League Pass sometime and compare Bob's homer tendencies against San Antonio, the Clippers, the Heat... It's really quite tame, compared to these actual homers. Bob was the play-by-play man of the USA 2012 Olympic basketball team, so clearly he's got a great reputation.

The "other guy" was Glen Kuiper, who was called in as an emergency sub during Bob's family related absences. He's the A's play-by-play guy and he only has a job because his brother is an Emmy-award winning commentator for the Giants.

Fitz will be the voice of the Warriors for a LONG time. I see Jim having 5 more years, tops.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:06 pm
8th ave wrote:The win in Houston aint gonna mean jack if we don't we this one.

We got this one!
BTW, your sig gives a breath of fresh ass to this forum! =D> PM me where's it from, son. ;)
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:07 pm
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:

Bob Fitzgerald is the Warriors' play-by-play guy. He's REALLY good, despite local fans griping about homerism - take a listen to League Pass sometime and compare Bob's homer tendencies against San Antonio, the Clippers, the Heat... It's really quite tame, compared to these actual homers. Bob was the play-by-play man of the USA 2012 Olympic basketball team, so clearly he's got a great reputation.

The "other guy" was Glen Kuiper, who was called in as an emergency sub during Bob's family related absences. He's the A's play-by-play guy and he only has a job because his brother is an Emmy-award winning commentator for the Giants.

Fitz will be the voice of the Warriors for a LONG time. I see Jim having 5 more years, tops.

What!? Don't say that, man. I love JB. What makes you say that though? Just a guess or do you know something?

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:08 pm
Don't wanna jinx it, yall, but I think Bogut has arrived.

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:11 pm
Two biggest wins of the year. The way they've been playing, this could have easily been an 0-3 road trip.

I love what we've seen out of Bogut on back-to-back nights.

Now it's on to the house of horrors.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:30 pm
Yup, 3 wins in the past week that would have been losses if not for Bogut. I love the way him and Lee are meshing right now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:41 pm
8th ave wrote:
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:

What!? Don't say that, man. I love JB. What makes you say that though? Just a guess or do you know something?

Just a guess, really. Jim is going on 69 and this season marks a quarter century he's provided color commentary for the Warriors.

You gotta believe these try-outs Tom Tolbert has been conducting with Roye on the radio side are in anticipation of Jim's fairwell tour. Barnett's also been on one-year contracts the past 5 seasons, making his departure seem like its gonna be any day now.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:48 pm
Bogut: +26 last night and today +24.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:44 pm
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:

Just a guess, really. Jim is going on 69 and this season marks a quarter century he's provided color commentary for the Warriors.

You gotta believe these try-outs Tom Tolbert has been conducting with Roye on the radio side are in anticipation of Jim's fairwell tour. Barnett's also been on one-year contracts the past 5 seasons, making his departure seem like its gonna be any day now.

OhHH YEEaHHH. I remember now. I recall 2 (or more) seasons ago that Fitz got a 5-year deal or some **** and JB was only getting a year. I didn't get why that was happening but now it makes more sense. But fuk, man, that's gonna suck. I seriously will go to a Warriors game just to big him farewell. I really like him.

So Tim Roye is the leading candidate to replace JB?

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:23 am
Game notes from ESPN:

MVP: Andrew Bogut. The Warriors franchise center is peaking at the perfect time and comes through with his best game of his Warriors career: 8 points (4-for-6), 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 blocks and a plus-24 and numerous contested shots in 31 minutes.

LVP: Robin Lopez was dominated by Bogut throughout this game and put together a measly stat line to boot: 4 points (2-for-10), 2 rebounds, minus-14 in 22 minutes. Lopez was simply trounced by the Aussie in every facet of the game.

X factor: The Warriors have been waiting all season to see what a healthy Bogut-David Lee frontcourt could produce. Monday night, they combined to generate their most efficient game of the season. Bogut's ability to pass the ball to go along with his defensive prowess helps this team immensely and will prove vital when (if) this team makes the postseason.
Next

Return to Game Threads