Game Thread: Chicago Bulls @ Warriors 2013-03-15

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 pm
Chicago Bulls (35 - 29) @ Golden State Warriors (37 - 29)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: WGN America

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Chicago Bulls:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Joakim Noah
PF - Carlos Boozer
SF - Luol Deng
SG - Marco Belinelli
PG - Nate Robinson

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (22.0) | L. Deng (16.2)
RPG - D. Lee (11.1) | J. Noah (11.5)
APG - S. Curry (6.7) | K. Hinrich (5.4)
SPG - S. Curry (1.6) | J. Noah (1.3)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.5) | J. Noah (2.3)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:22 am
Last time, the Bulls' embarrassed us physically with brute rebounding, dominated possessions, worked us on the O glass... just a very emasculating contest for Golden State.

It's payback time. With Bogut (finally) looking near 100%, we've manhandled the Knicks and the Pistons. The Bulls are a bigger challenge, no doubt. But if Bogut and Lee can keep up the rebounding, screen-setting and passing that we've seen the past 2 games, I don't believe there's a team in the league that can stop the Warriors. They're a different animal with this front court playing 65 combined minutes. We said it before the year: as Bogut goes, so too do the Warriors.

My early guess is GSW by double digits.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:34 am
Must-win. Bulls have played som brutal basketball as of late, but it wouldn't surprise me if Rose chose to return and drop 20 on us and take the victory.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:24 pm
Bogut isn't 100%. On warriors postgame they had a segment on how much he was grimacing (his back). He should still make a difference though.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:11 pm
it takes a good, motivated team to spank us like we don't belong
nothing new in last 1,5 month
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:20 pm
Real lack of effort tonight.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:30 pm
Soon we'll be in the 9th spot..
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:09 am
Knightofoceans wrote:Soon we'll be in the 9th spot..

I will bet you money that we are in the playoffs.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:11 pm
I tapped out in the 3rd quarter.

It will be the mistaken notion of Bogut's critics that tonight's pounding on the glass and overall blowout is in some fashion his fault. A horrid +/- will speak to that effect, along with Chicago's frontcourt outplaying ours in virtually every fashion. But I'd like to bring to light a few things that I saw within this game:

1, Bogut cannot be asked to defend his man, while helping on a penetrating guard, collecting a block or otherwise contesting a miss, AND THEN be held accountable for the rebound. It's simply too much responsibility. In the first half, Golden State was absolutely mauled on the offensive glass and while Noah contributed heavily to that factor, Andrew Bogut gets a pass from me based on the above circumstances. Barnes, Thompson, and Curry put Bogut in many tough circumstances last night; allowing penetration and thus making our lumbering starting center play 1-on-2 multiple times. As our least stamina'd player, Bogut's production takes a massive hit when he's made to juggle multiple defenders for minutes on end. 4 rebounds doesn't pay the bills, but its tough to fault him when Boozer and Deng are crashing the paint. 2 blocks, 1 steal, and 3 fouls in only 17 minutes illustrate the number of times Bogut had the ball taken right at him. The Warriors must learn not to rely so heavily on him to clean up EVERY mistake they make on defense.

2, the guards sunk us again with off-shooting nights. And, like a horrific acid flashback of Nellieball, they seemed to have no conscience about over-shooting during respective off-nights. Thompson and Curry were 5-for-21 and kept launching 3's (9 in all) despite never hitting one. The Warriors' most efficient options were Barnes and Lee, who scored on 12-of-21 shots. Bogut got 1 look and missed it. I said it during January-February, I'll say it again: jump shooters are less efficient than post options. Lee is a +50% option, as is Landry, and Barnes is infinitely more effective on the drive or in the post. The leaders of our offense are Curry and Thompson. As floor generals, they need to develop a level of maturity whereby they feel the rhythm of the game and learn to distribute instead of forcing errant jumpers when they clearly don't have it. 7 assists combined, while shooting us out of the contest. Their opposite numbers (Robinson and Belinelli) doubled their point production (33 buckets, against our guards' 15).

3, Draymond Green would be an absolute prize if he could shoot. 5 boards, 3 assists in 16 minutes, but the defense was instructed to leave him open outside of 15 and he cacked up an otherwise good showing by biffing all 4 of his attempts. It's time to give him the Monta rule and revoke his 3-point shooting pass. If a base-stealer gets caught running a bunch of times in baseball, the manager red-lights him. Something similar needs to be done to Green, because he's an asset if he's used as purely a defender/rebounder/facilitator.

4, Where was Biedrins after that excellent 3 minute stint on Boozer? 2 blocks in less than 4 minutes of tick? Yet, Jackson turned to Ezeli, who was held to 1 rebound and 1 block in his first couple minutes of play (the remaining 8, he was invisible). Jackson has to learn how to more properly mix-and-match the Dubstitutes. If Biedrins is eating Boozer's lunch, you gotta leave him in. Especially when Boozer is on pace for 21, 9, and 5. Yeeeesh....

5, The starting 5's free throw battle: 17 (CHI) vs 12 (GS). Still think we couldn't use a driver to crash the lane and get us to the cup? By next season, Thompson or Barnes needs to develop a slashing game or the Warriors will again be victims to man-to-man coverage that coughs and wheezes during off-shooting nights. You can't live and die by the jumper every game and with a seemingly dying need to feed the post, dribble-penetration becomes paramount. I mean, for Chrissakes, Chicago didn't block a single shot last night! Why WOULDN'T you be driving instead of settling for outside jumpers??

6, I dunno about Malcolm Thomas, Festus Ezeli, or Draymond Green, but Kent Bazemore is ready for more minutes. And, by God, we NEED him on the floor. Not as a scorer (even though he was 5-of-6 last night), but because SOMEBODY needs to bottleneck the swingmen on the opposition. Once again, who beat the Warriors last night? Deng and Robinson, who poured in 43 points on 52% shooting (note: they both shoot 42% on the season... Sound familiar? It should, cause Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings put up similarly huge nights while shooting an identical percentage on the year). Boozer's night was relatively close to his regular production, but Deng and Robinson went off versus our lax outside defenders.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Game Threads