Has the team lost its confidence

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:24 am
Idk what it is, seems like this team is playing with no edge and no toughness. They are starting to play like past Warriors teams instead of earlier in the season -- when they TOOK games from opponents in crunch time. They've lost that edge imo. Idk if this is from them continuing to adjust to Bogut in the lineup or what. But compare recent games with earlier in the season, and it doesn't seem like the same belief that they can win is there. Also Jarrett Jack needs to stop playing hero ball and be the assist man that gets others going.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:40 am
While I'm at it lol... lemme just add that Steph Curry will never be a true leader or true superstar until he learns to be a true double threat of shooter AND playmaker for his teammates / makes his teammates better. Your PG should be the best decision maker on the floor. Can we say that about Curry?
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:44 pm
It's 100 percent demoralizing. They could miss the playoffs and even if the Jazz lose and we make it, I'm not proud of this. We lost 12 out of 17. You can blame the schedule, you can blame Lee's knee contusion, but losing 3 to the rockets and 2 to the Bucks, barely beating Toronto, and Sac is not the way to go. So something has changed. Turnovers are something they haven't fixed. And they are leaving 3 point shooters open every game. Against San Antonio they showed up to play. But for the most part teams are dropping the Warriors, leaving us abashed. This team will struggle to stay over .500 if they keep performing like this. Coming home didn't fix their problems. They are going to have to adjust and regroup or it will be a long Summer and Fall.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:17 pm
Stairway Man wrote:It's 100 percent demoralizing. They could miss the playoffs and even if the Jazz lose and we make it, I'm not proud of this. We lost 12 out of 17. You can blame the schedule, you can blame Lee's knee contusion, but losing 3 to the rockets and 2 to the Bucks, barely beating Toronto, and Sac is not the way to go. So something has changed. Turnovers are something they haven't fixed. And they are leaving 3 point shooters open every game. Against San Antonio they showed up to play. But for the most part teams are dropping the Warriors, leaving us abashed. This team will struggle to stay over .500 if they keep performing like this. Coming home didn't fix their problems. They are going to have to adjust and regroup or it will be a long Summer and Fall.

Well said, dude. It really is demoralizing. I'm not sure "lost confidence" are the right words. I think we've lost heart. Curry is kind of acting the fool when trying to be a badass..he's not. He should stick to the humble, quiet, "lead by example" person he was in the first half of the season. Barnes is playing like crap (I'd start Landry in place of Barnes, that'd be cool). We've lost the energy of Festus starting..hell, we were doing bomb when he started.

Now I'm just praying we DO make the playoffs..I'm not 100% convinced we will at this point. Go Dubs. [-o<
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:45 pm
The team can no longer say, ''Chill out, they have been losing to tough teams on the road.'' That is no longer the case. Even when they had Lee, they barely beat 2 bad teams. Every win is a grind out sloppy win. They can't create good shots for themselves. And that is appalling since they have Lee and Bogut, 2 of the best passing big men in the league. Yes, I don't like when Curry showboats. It's cool that he scored 54 points in NY, but what does that say about the team when they still lose? That is the bottom line.

As far as Landry, are you suggesting that he starts at small forward? He's the right size, but my concern is if he can keep up with other small forwards.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:45 pm
Hell yeah he should start at SF..I'd like to see that. I can see him being a Rush type of guy.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:23 pm
Have your best players on the starting floor.
Landry>Barnes
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:56 pm
I think the team (specifically, the front court) is more banged up than we realize. I don't think it's confidence.

Even before DLee's knee injury, the guy was being called a substantially less number of times on the pick-and-roll. That's usually his bread and butter. My guess is, he's banged up and they're trying to save his body some mileage. Lee's still been effective, from a numbers standpoint, but there's been a whole lot more dribble-initiated offense from Jack, Curry, and Thompson in the past month - whereas the beginning of the season, analysts were praising the Warriors for being a smart passing team... A lotta that started with picks or low post rotations coming from Lee.

And Andrew Bogut is still limping. You can't see it when he runs, but he's favoring one foot when he's jockeying for inside position or adjusting to rotations inside on defense. The lift isn't there, as evident on the infamous Isaiah Thomas foul, not to mention Bogut's awkward floater inside last night when he previously would have finished over players inside. I understand Bogut is a monster, but he's not the immobile ogre that he appears to be now. On Mileaukee, he had great footwork and explosiveness. Last night, Jim made a point to say, "He gets more flat-footed rebounds than anyone I've ever seen." Nice spin, but we all know what you really mean Jim. Bogut's not getting his ass off the ground AT ALL.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:49 am
Thanks for the input 32. But if Lee is banged up (I don't know why) then that doesn't bode well for us. We are gonna need him at a high level if we are to win. We need more wins to make the push. I doubt Bogut will ever be the same. Perhaps he could try to get in better and better shape and we won't see that until at least next year because it's too late in the season. But it looks like he won't ever have a good shot, at least not like how it used to be.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:00 pm
This team has overachieved at the first half of the season. They have a second year shooting guard, startiing a rookie SF and their starting center hasn't been able stay healthy. They're bench also consists of 2 rookies (Ezeli and Green), who are relied upon pretty heavily for 2nd round picks. For me, they're on track, which is, being a better team than they were last year. Thats progress that I expected. Did I expect them to all of a sudden be a playoff team? Hoped, but didn't expect it. This team will get better as Klay and Barnes improves. Whether they will improve remains a question. I like Klay and Barnes, but don't see them as star or impact players. Thompson won't ever be a Dwayne Wade or Kobe Bryant type shooting guard. I see his ceiling as being a Joe Johnson type and thats not a bad thing.

At this point, their biggest weakness is their depth. Landry and Jack has played great, but after them, there isn't anyone on the bench that can give them reliable minutes. . This forces Jack into the line up with Curry which is that same small line up they got rid of when they drafted Thompson and traded Ellis. Jack has been forced to play starter minutes. This is where they really feel the loss of Brandon Rush. Instead of adding a PF like Malcom Thomas to the roster which already has Lee and Landry, they should of been looking at free agents wing players like Chris Douglas-Roberts, Maurice Evans, Jamario Moon or Bill Walker.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:13 pm
Never thought I'd be missing Rush so much...
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:16 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:This team has overachieved at the first half of the season. They have a second year shooting guard, startiing a rookie SF and their starting center hasn't been able stay healthy. They're bench also consists of 2 rookies (Ezeli and Green), who are relied upon pretty heavily for 2nd round picks. For me, they're on track, which is, being a better team than they were last year. Thats progress that I expected. Did I expect them to all of a sudden be a playoff team? Hoped, but didn't expect it. This team will get better as Klay and Barnes improves. Whether they will improve remains a question. I like Klay and Barnes, but don't see them as star or impact players. Thompson won't ever be a Dwayne Wade or Kobe Bryant type shooting guard. I see his ceiling as being a Joe Johnson type and thats not a bad thing.

At this point, their biggest weakness is their depth. Landry and Jack has played great, but after them, there isn't anyone on the bench that can give them reliable minutes. . This forces Jack into the line up with Curry which is that same small line up they got rid of when they drafted Thompson and traded Ellis. Jack has been forced to play starter minutes. This is where they really feel the loss of Brandon Rush. Instead of adding a PF like Malcom Thomas to the roster which already has Lee and Landry, they should of been looking at free agents wing players like Chris Douglas-Roberts, Maurice Evans, Jamario Moon or Bill Walker.

Well said. +1 credit
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:41 pm
After the Knicks game, it's easy to disregard my earlier comments on Lee/Bogut being banged up. 21 combined rebounds will do that.

But were those boards more attributable to the Knicks' historically bad shooting or our front courts' tenacity on the glass? If Bogut and Lee can double or nothing that performance, I'll shut up. But if Bogut ends up with 7 or 8 flat-footed boards against Monroe's soft ass, while Lee can only stand 4 or 5 pick-and-roll plays... Well, rest assured you'll be hearing from me. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:03 pm
Consider me silenced on this issue. :-$

Return to Warriors Basketball