This is David Lee's team

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:14 pm
This team is seriously starting to underachieve as of late. Early in the season they had more of a deliberate strategy. We have officially become a jump shooting team. Curry thinks he's the superstar now, but David Lee is the bread and butter. That is the difference I'm seeing. Your thoughts?

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:34 pm
I disagree. Lee's usage rate is still very high and Curry is the more efficient scorer.

Definitely not the problem.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:16 am
Defense and coaching are the problem right now...every game its the same mistakes over and over.
This season is not a flop.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:19 am
Curry is efficient for a PG, but wouldn't it be nice to get some close shots instead of these 100000 jumpers? I swear they're turning into the Chris Cohan Warriors with this soft mentality of shooting jumpers instead of going inside. Klay and Curry shot over 40 FGA's today. That is due to Lee being injured early on, but still. Remember early in the season when Landry and Lee were taking a lot of the shots? What happened to that.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:23 am
rockyBeli wrote:Curry is efficient for a PG, but wouldn't it be nice to get some close shots instead of these 100000 jumpers? I swear they're turning into the Chris Cohan Warriors with this soft mentality of shooting jumpers instead of going inside. Klay and Curry shot over 40 FGA's today. That is due to Lee being injured early on, but still. Remember early in the season when Landry and Lee were taking a lot of the shots? What happened to that.

His TS percentage is higher. Curry's true shooting percentage that is and that's why he needs the most of the shots. Lee should be taking the second most shots.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:26 am
David Lee is shooting 51% and Curry 44%, that's all I need to know. And I favor the 12 ft bank shot over the long three any day. I'm not knockin Curry, I'm just saying when this team was winning it was largely due to David Lee's consistency and when we needed a bucket we went to him instead of Curry.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:30 am
I'm just checkin out the game logs of Curry. Since Feb 2, we are 1-9 when he takes 20 shots or more! damn

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:35 am
rockyBeli wrote:David Lee is shooting 51% and Curry 44%, that's all I need to know. And I favor the 12 ft bank shot over the long three any day. I'm not knockin Curry, I'm just saying when this team was winning it was largely due to David Lee's consistency and when we needed a bucket we went to him instead of Curry.

That's why FG percentage is flawed. Because it doesn't weigh each shot appropriately. Curry's true shooting percentage is higher, which means we score more with his possessions than Lee's on average.

And, correlation =/= causation for the second post you posted.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:39 am
I agree with Rocky. Lee is the fulcrum of this offense. When he's right, he's easily the most efficient scorer on this roster. Curry's large amount of three point attempts smooths over his TS%, like Thompson, but I agree with Rocky: I'll take a post scorer's chances in close versus a jump shooter any day.

I also buy into the correlation of Curry shooting a lot during our losses... Not because Curry isn't a great shooter, but because Lee went from averaging 16.3 attempts with 3.4 assists in December to 13.4 attempts with 2.7 assists in February. What's that translate to? Answer: Lee isn't getting the ball as often. And it's showing up in the win-loss column.

The way I see it, Curry should be the leading scorer... But the offense should begin with Lee. He's a 52% shooter, he gets to the line, he involves others and doesn't display the tunnel vision of most bigs. Literally, there's no disadvantage to giving him the ball more often.

Curry is the face/"star" of this team, but Lee is the heart.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:35 pm
I can feel that in close games where all you need is a two to tie or take the lead, but on average I want Curry taking the most shots, than Lee, than Jack, and than Klay.

Rookie
Poster Credit: -2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:09 am
David Lee can carry a team? Really? If this is David Lee's team, then we are (*^&^(
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:45 am
toffee wrote:David Lee can carry a team? Really? If this is David Lee's team, then we are (*^&^(

He can more than Curry, he did earlier in the season....he is the one that rep'd the Warriors in the ASG. He's been the workhorse and Mr. Consistent. So yeah, really.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:25 am
Saw more of a deliberate effort of going to David Lee vs the Knicks in the blowout win. Lee 7-15, 8 assists, 7-8 FT's. Curry and Klay less than 20 FGA. I like it. Go to Lee in the post and let him get easy buckets or set someone else up.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:15 am
I agree that we've turned into a jump shooting team. We live and die by the mid to long range shots. We've been winning the rare game lately when Curry, Thompson and Jack hit those shots but more often than not, we're losing when they missed the majority from long range. Some people have blamed Bogut(whether he is playing or not) for the slump but the way I see it is our offensive structure has changed from where it was at the start of the season. We should be running the offence through Lee and Bogut in every half court situation as they are both great passers of the ball.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:14 am
What David Lee attributes to this team can be repeated night in and night out. He's a rebounder thats going to score in a variety of ways. Curry, on the other hand, is only as effective as his jumper falling in. He isn't showing that he could do much more. He's not that Derrick Rose type point guard where he's going to attack the rim. Most of what Curry does, relies on hiding behind screens and shooting open jumpers. He could shoot the team right out of the game like he did against the Rockets when he went 8 for 21 and 3 of 8 from 3 point land. Even though he ended up with 24 points, it wasn't exactly an efficient night. I felt this should of been Lee's team the moment they traded for him. He was an All-Star that averaged 20 points and 11 rebounds, yet Monta Ellis refused to relinquish his hold on the franchise. If he doesn't score, he's chipping in on the boards and dishes the ball such as the game against the Mavs where he only took 13 shots. He ended up with 15 points, 20 rebounds and 7 assists in a Warriors win.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball