Were the Warriors over achieving?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:01 am
Are we in a slump or were we over achieving at the start of the season? We got off to a great start but was that because other teams under estimated us? Now the other teams have done their scouting and seemed to have adjusted and our offence hasn't responded to the change. Once we starting losing, everyone blamed it on Bogut being out. Then he can back from injury and we were still losing and everyone blamed it on Bogut. Bogut is out again and we are still losing. So what is the problem? Have we hit our ceiling?
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:01 pm
Maybe. Also I think they've gotten away from what was working earlier in the season. Ezeli starting the game and fueling the D, more points in the paint and looks for David Lee and Landry, and just more intensity. David Lee should be shooting the most on this team, not Curry. Even when Curry scores 54, we lost.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:42 am
Even if the team did a bit, look at the remaining games. Ten more home games than away games bodes very well for the team. I think it is possible to even push for 4th seed if the team gets back to performing well, because Memphis has more away games than home and Denver only has four more at home than away. That's the biggest factor now.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:31 am
I don't know if the Warriors were over achieving but if they don't win most of their home games from here on out, they will definitely be under achieving. There is a disparity between home games and road games. I have no idea how the league planner arranged the Warriors schedule the way it is. The season should be more balanced.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:31 am
Definately, but right now it will be in our favour because we get to finish the season strong with comfortable home games.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:35 pm
Over-achieving? Nah...

But you gotta point out EVERYTHING that's gone well so far this year. I mean, really, for Warrior-luck? Its been absurd:

1, you haven't sustained a major midseason injury. Rush went out in game 2, Bogut has been on and off all year (but we knew that going in), and other then that the main guns have all been reaalllly healthy by our standards. I'll take this many games from Lee, Thompson, Curry, Barnes, Landry, Jack, Ezeli, and Green EVERY year.

2, The sheer amount of career years has been inordinate. Carl Landry is having the year of his life. Jarrett Jack, after previously being a much more efficient starter, has found a niche off the bench. David Lee is an all-star again, Steph Curry SHOULD have been an all-star. Really, it's just a bunch of guys hitting their grooves simultaneously, which none of us should be used to.

3, when was the last time the Warriors had 3 rookies alllll contribute like this? Answer: 2001, with JRich, Gilbert, and Murph. That's 12 years, dudes. This is easily the best Warrior rookie contingent in the past decade. On a year where everything else is going well? That's found money.

4, after previously being hailed only as a motivator/public speaker, Mark Jackson has morphed into a legitimate NBA coach of the year candidate. He's always emphasized defense, but the out-of-bounds plays this year, not to mention the attention to post mismatches, the handling of minutes, the development of rookies... Jackson has been firing on all cylinders.

It's just a big, happy story of good luck so far this year. Lets hope it lasts!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:22 am
I would say as of late they are under achieving. We have a full healthy roster with 2 big dudes in the paint, yet we can't take care of the frkn Rockets at home in a big game, n trust Barnes (who was surprised to get the pass) to take the biggest shot of the night? Inexcusable. Bad coaching and bad execution.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:54 pm
Over achieving or not, right now they are under achieving. There are no teams that this team puts away early. No teams. When was the last time the Warriors were up 20 and maintained a comfortable lead? I can't remember.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:44 pm
Bogut was suppose to be the anchor to our defense, but he has been alright. I expect him to be much better than this and his offense has no impact down low in the paint. Other teams know Warriors offense is mostly jumps shots. Either Warriors guards not comfortable attacking the paint consistently to get easy buckets or defense doing good job in stopping them from attacking the rim.

Return to Warriors Basketball