Jackson needs to fix the defense.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:32 pm
Sarcasm aside there are many things to worry about. We've been turning the ball over at an alarming rate, our defense is out of whack, Barnes is disappearing, the status of Bogut is unclear and the prospect of him contributing to this team is fading. The last two road trips, even if we win tonight in Philly, has been pretty.damn.bad. Overall, we've looked very distraught and we're only 1 1/2 games ahead of the 8th seed.

Considering all that it would be pretty easy to be worried. Not sure if anyone has pushed the panic button yet, but things are starting to look more grim. The only thing we have for us now is that we have a lot of home games than away games, but automatically assuming that we will win enough to make the playoffs is, i'd say, very naive. Stranger things has happened in the NBA and although you might not be worried, the chances of us not making the playoffs are very real whether or not you decide to accept it or not.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:57 pm
I think it's the coaching and strategy, and it's fixable. If you notice some of our best stretches were with Ezeli starting the game. He brought the defensive intensity from the start of the game. Why MJax changed that up is beyond me. He doesn't have to play the whole game, but he helped set the tone for the defense.

Also, too much Curry and Thompson jump shooting. David Lee was the bread and butter of this team, the all star, and he was getting more looks closer to the hoop. So was Landry. I think there's been a change in approach that has hurt them. They need to play with a more deliberate strategy of giving the ball to Lee and Landry in the post, Ezeli fueling the D, and play inside out. Don't like that they've been turned into too much a jump shooting team.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:43 pm
Don't be ridiculous, guys, just chill. Mark Jackson has this team well prepared to fight for top 4 seed (homecourt advantage) and going deep into playoffs.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:29 pm
martin wrote:Don't be ridiculous, guys, just chill. Mark Jackson has this team well prepared to fight for top 4 seed (homecourt advantage) and going deep into playoffs.

If you're being sarcastic, would you mind using the sarcastica font because I can't tell you're being serious. ::lol:
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:48 pm
8th ave wrote:
martin wrote:Don't be ridiculous, guys, just chill. Mark Jackson has this team well prepared to fight for top 4 seed (homecourt advantage) and going deep into playoffs.

If you're being sarcastic, would you mind using the sarcastica font because I can't tell you're being serious. ::lol:

Knowing Martin I am 99% sure its sarcasm, what 8th said. lol.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:49 pm
Or more likely, he's just drunk. lol

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:51 pm
Guybrush wrote:Or more likely, he's just drunk. lol

haha, i'm sober for last month and a half.
i'm just using blackfoot's tactics of dispersing any discussion on why warriors might not be so good.
because, clearly, if you have doubts, and measured ones, you are being ridiculous and panicking.
so, just chill, dudes.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:09 pm
At this point I'm pressed to even feel like the Warriors will do a better than finishing at .500. Losing to d Sixer inexcusable.
This season is not a flop.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:37 pm
Blackfoot wrote:I kind of predicted everyone freaking out early February. I said this is our tough part of the schedule. And I was right when we would struggle. Lakers are four behind and they have to do their toughest part of the schedule and our schedule is cake from March 6th on.

I tend to agree, the remaining schedule is rather easy and the team should hold on to a playoff spot, actually be in 5th or 6th spot.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:45 pm
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/3/3/40 ... n-playoffs
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:22 pm
This is seriously freaking pathetic...36 pts in the third vs. The Raptors...Warriors are not a playoff team and Jackson is barely an average coach. Where ate the adjustments? Seriously pissed right now...

All Star
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:23 am
loyaltyisacurse wrote:This is seriously freaking pathetic...36 pts in the third vs. The Raptors...Warriors are not a playoff team and Jackson is barely an average coach. Where ate the adjustments? Seriously pissed right now...

There was a reason there was a long chant saying "Refs you suck."

Anyways, you are being overly pessimistic for dumb reasons.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:47 pm
[*]Warriors must win two of their next three if they want to make it.. If they drop all three to Ny, MIL, And Hou. They could be nine seed by end of NEXT WEEK..

All Star
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:35 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:[*]Warriors must win two of their next three if they want to make it.. If they drop all three to Ny, MIL, And Hou. They could be nine seed by end of NEXT WEEK..

Lol, we could lose all three of those games and still be the seventh seed and most likely would be the seventh seed.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:56 am
Right now it would be prudent to just hope for the best but prepare for the worst. With the way we've been playing nothing is certain. In a week we could probably come back and revisit this..but that's my view as of now. Severely disappointed.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball