Random warriors chat.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:48 am
A man of 23 years of age has his parents looking after his finances? He'll never grow up like that. Independence with guidance is the best way.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:08 am
The Golden State Warriors have two open roster spots and according to The Oakland Tribune, co-owner Joe Lacob said the team might fill the 14th position before the end of the regular season.

That spot might go to a former member of the team -- Dominic McGuire.

"He was great for us, and I have a lot of love for him," said head coach Mark Jackson on Wednesday night. "I appreciate his professionalism, the way he battled, the way he competed. ... I'm very comfortable and confident in our guys. But we will talk, ownership and management, and make a decision which way we will go. Dominic McGuire is a guy who's out there."

McGuire played well for the Warriors last season, especially on the defensive end of the floor. The Warriors are not strong defensively, so bringing McGuire back makes sense.

The Warriors are currently about $295,000 below the luxury tax and they can sign McGuire and still stay below the threshold by giving him a rest-of-season contract for the veteran minimum. McGuire has already played this season with Indiana, New Orleans and Toronto.

I thnk this would be a great idea.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:29 pm
I would LOVE McGuire.

PLEASE, Joe... Bob... Logo... WHOEVER is mulling this around, MAKE it HAPPEN.

I've been clamoring for a shut-down perimeter defender for months; was willing to deal Barnes or Klay to get one. If McGuire is an option and there are two open roster spots, there is NO reason not to go out and get him. For real.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:40 am
He'd be a SF and that would mean less minutes for Green and if he's still doing anything productive, RJ. Think he would be good though, because of his defense which is always a plus.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:20 am
Looks like they've filled one of those spots with some guy named Malcolm Thomas.

"The Golden State Warriors will sign Malcolm Thomas to a 10-day contract.

The Warriors have two roster spots available following their cap-saving trades of Jeremy Tyler and Charles Jenkins before the deadline.

Thomas played for Maccabi Tel Aviv this season until February and recently joined the Los Angeles D-Fenders of the D-League."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:27 am
Makes sense, no?

The veteran minimum for McGuire would push them back over the cap, right? Which would undo the deadline deals when we gave Jenkins and Tyler away.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:57 pm
As long as green gets more minutes than Mcguire I am fine with it.

And 32, we wanted to avoid the cap deadline because repeat offenders have penalties. We got under before the deadline, so now we are fine again.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:16 pm
At this point, they don't need another front court player. They need a guard. Preferably a point guard, especially if Jack plans to keep taking the second most shots in the game. He's basically a shooting guard for the Warriors.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Game 5 vs the Spurs Richard Jefferson checking in, was on the spurs side. Manu and Duncan did not take kindly to it, and Jefferson did not really react (which I did not like), strange stare down though by Duncan near the end.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:57 am
I know this isn't about the Warriors, or basketball at all, but, it just reminded me of our often discussions about statistics. :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:21 pm
Guybrush wrote:I know this isn't about the Warriors, or basketball at all, but, it just reminded me of our often discussions about statistics. :mrgreen:

lol this confirms everything.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:03 am
Where can I get all (or at least the most of) Warriors games from this season (2012-2013)? (maybe in pack, so I can download it, and get all games)

E: And yeah I would also like to see very interesting games from past seasons
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:45 pm
Some prospects I've been right about:

1. Jimmy Butler - I don't remember if he was in our grasp or not, but I remember watching some videos on how he was the Michael Oher of the NBA and I wanted him really badly. He's going to be one hell of a player.

2. Stephen Curry - This one was easy though. I actually won an autographed photo of... i forget who from Hobbes for guessing Curry right. Lol.

Prospects I've been wrong about:

1. Yi Jianlian - Workout warrior. He fukken sucks though.

2. Bismack Biyombo - Still time on this one. My impressions are that he protects the rim, but not much else.

3. Demarcus Cousins - I know, I know. Dude can ball, but I'm really glad we didn't pick him. Dude's a head case. Definitely wouldn't have fit into what we're doing here now.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:49 pm
Oh, I was wrong about Thompson and Barnes too. Lol. Just owning up to my past opinions.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:01 am
Great idea, 8th. This is like an AA meeting...

Hi, I'm 32.

(Hi, 32!)

By far my gravest scouting blunder was Brandan Wright. After following the kid at NC & high school, I grew pretty attached to the guy before the draft and when we dealt for him, I was ecstatic. The high-arcing, unblockable hook shot. The speed for a guy 6'10". The wingspan. It all intrigued me; but I hypothesized (on record here) that he'd develop a midrange game & pack on 20 pounds. Not only that, but I thought the guy was a heady-passer, an underrated ball-handler, and a low-post wizard. He turned out to be none of those things and the "unblockable hook shot" that intrigued me became scarce in the pro's when wider bodies (meaning any defender) knocked him off his spots on offense.

I still contest that when it comes to a big-contract, small, one-dimensional veteran guard being dealt for a potentially great big man on a rookie contract, you make that deal 100 times out of 100. But I can also admit that this trade flopped due to Wright's lack of development paired with Rowell's veto'ing of every move involving the trade exception (Mike Miller comes to mind).

Others I was wrong about: Patrick O'Bryant :oops:, Ike Diogu, Al Harrington (I thought he was useless, but he proved talented when he was here), Troy Murphy (I thought his rebounding was legit, but he fell off after being traded from here), Jarrett Jack (I thought he'd be useful, I didn't know he'd be 6th-man-of-the-year stuff), Marcus Banks (thought he'd be a future starting point guard... ditto for Sebastian Telfair).

Players I scouted correctly: Stephen Jackson (I'd been clamoring for a trade for him a year before we got him; much like I've been doing with Iggy for the past 2 years), Mickael Pietrus (I was calling him dumb when most people here were calling him star material; probably just blinded by their hatred for Dunleavy at the starting 3), Andrew Bogut (gifted, but injury-prone. I endorsed this deal at the time and - despite holding him accountable for the games he should have played - acknowledged every step of the way that the trade was a unanimous win in the event that Bogut suited up), Nick Van Exel (f*ck this guy; I knew he was done after his Denver days).

I'm sure there's more to add, but this is just off the top of my head.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball