Jackson needs to fix the defense.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:24 pm
Bogut fixed the defense last night. It was wonderful.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:10 am
That's on the rest of the team though.

You can't blame Bogut that everyone else on defense slacks and expects his to take care of everything when he's on the floor. That's not fair.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:00 am
32 wrote:That's on the rest of the team though.

You can't blame Bogut that everyone else on defense slacks and expects his to take care of everything when he's on the floor. That's not fair.

I'm not sure if I'm blaming him. I don't really know what it is, but I think the players give more effort on defense when he's not playing. This may be a dumbass problem to have, but I think with Bogut out, suddenly the team becomes the underdog with a chip on it's shoulders. With Bogut on the floor, we become favorites and lack a lot of edge on the defensive side. That's the only thing that I can think of so far.

I need to stop multitasking and when I watch the game. I think I'd have a better opinion on it if I did.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:40 am
Truth is Bogut is not at full health and he has also mentioned it, his foot speed is still lack, and the fluidity is not all the way there yet, hope it does come back.

As far as fixing the defense, against the Spurs they went away from the zone and played majority man, including Klay on Parker which I found interesting. It worked Klay took to the challenge although he did get lost in some screens overall he was attentive and was on Parker majority of the game.

Brings me to my next point, I saw a team playing active man to man defense, meaning hands out, feet planted, on a stance, players glueing to their as it should be. Plus we had good minutes from Beans who was real active and aggressive. We played the spurs real good on the defensive end, we need to continue this active man defense, and fix getting lost through screens, and attentiveness (Que to Barnes on the play he got burnt by Ginobli for the initial tie.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:09 pm
Hopefully team back on right track defensively, though the 1st quarter today was abysmal...

Also concerning, the Dubs only have 4 wins vs. teams with winnnig records since January... 4-12 in their last 16 games vs. teams with winning records; take the Clippers out of that and they are 2-11.

Lets hope they get the Clips in the 1st round.
This season is not a flop.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:50 pm
8th ave wrote:
32 wrote:That's on the rest of the team though.

I'm not sure if I'm blaming him. I don't really know what it is, but I think the players give more effort on defense when he's not playing. This may be a dumbass problem to have, but I think with Bogut out, suddenly the team becomes the underdog with a chip on it's shoulders. With Bogut on the floor, we become favorites and lack a lot of edge on the defensive side. That's the only thing that I can think of so far.

I need to stop multitasking and when I watch the game. I think I'd have a better opinion on it if I did.

Totally, I'm not suggest "you're" blaming him... I was sorta using "you" as a non-specific article. And I agree with your points, I just think it's psychotic of the team to play so much worse on defense when Bogut's on the floor. Say what you want about his mobility or lack of foot speed thus far, the dude is still good blood on D and for some reason, guys like Lee, Barnes, and (god forbid the backlash for me even suggesting this, but) Klay Thompson are all coasting when Bogut's there to clean up. It's not fair to him.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:06 pm
This team flat out sucks right now. Every freaking game is a carbon copy of the other: fall behind 10 to 15 points in the first quarter, spend the next 2 1/2 quarters playing catch up, take the lead, run out of steam, lose by 4 to 6 points, rinse and repeat.

This is a coaching problem and Jackson needs get is crap in gear...The Warriors are only 4 games ahead of the Lakers now, for crying out loud.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:04 pm
I kind of predicted everyone freaking out early February. I said this is our tough part of the schedule. And I was right when we would struggle. Lakers are four behind and they have to do their toughest part of the schedule and our schedule is cake from March 6th on.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:35 am
[quote="Blackfoot"]I kind of predicted everyone freaking out early February. I said this is our tough part of the schedule. And I was right when we would struggle. Lakers are four behind and they have to do their toughest part of the schedule and our schedule is cake from March 6th
I hope the Warriors don't have this attitude, thinking that simply playing 75 to80 percent of last 20 games at home will punch their ticket to the playoffs. Coach Jax needs to get back on his game...

Cake? After Next week? After March 6th The dubs face:

Lakers x2 haven't beaten them yet.
Kings x2 haven't. Beaten them yet.
Houston x2 haven't beaten them yet.
The Bucks haven't beaten them yet.
OKC.
San Antonio X 2.
New York.
Chicago.
UTah.

You call these thirteen games Cake? The team has put itself in a very precarious position.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:36 am
Yes, I call that a cake schedule.

You are in the worry mode because our franchise has sucked for a while. After a couple of wins everything will be really chill.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:43 am
Blackfoot wrote:Yes, I call that a cake schedule.

You are in the worry mode because our franchise has sucked for a while. After a couple of wins everything will be really chill.

I appreciate your optimism, but I can't imagine anyone else on this board would consider that cake, especially in light of the Dubs performance over their past twenty to twenty two games.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:50 am
loyaltyisacurse wrote:

I appreciate your optimism, but I can't imagine anyone else on this board would consider that cake, especially in light of the Dubs performance over their past twenty to twenty two games.

@PHI(X-W), TOR(X-W), SAC(X-W), HOU(X-L), MIL(X-W), NYK(X-W), DET(X-W), CHI(X-L), @HOU(X-L), @NOH(X-L), @SAS(X-L), WAS(X-W), LAL(X-W), SAC(X-W), POR(X-W), NOH(X-W), @PHX(X-W), UTA(X-W), MIN(X-W), OKC(X-L), @LAL(X-L), SAS(X-W), @POR(X-L)

A margin of error of two games I believe.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:09 am
Blackfoot wrote:
loyaltyisacurse wrote:

@PHI(X-W), TOR(X-W), SAC(X-W), HOU(X-L), MIL(X-W), NYK(X-W), DET(X-W), CHI(X-L), @HOU(X-L), @NOH(X-L), @SAS(X-L), WAS(X-W), LAL(X-W), SAC(X-W), POR(X-W), NOH(X-W), @PHX(X-W), UTA(X-W), MIN(X-W), OKC(X-L), @LAL(X-L), SAS(X-W), @POR(X-L)

A margin of error of two games I believe.

this absolutely has no base. just bc you wrote it out doesnt make it more likely that we'll win the games you think we will. it can go bad just as much as you think it'll "be chill"

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:37 pm
Nah, it will all be fine. It's a pretty easy schedule, especially compared to the Jazz and Lakers. I am not sure why everyone is worried.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:20 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Nah, it will all be fine. It's a pretty easy schedule, especially compared to the Jazz and Lakers. I am not sure why everyone is worried.

Because we've been watching the games.

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball