Mini brawl with Indiana

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:34 pm
So I just re-watched the semi brawl about 10 times.

1. Kudos to Klay, Jack, AND Andris. When Klay saw Curry hit the floor, he immediately put Hibbert on his ass. Jack did everything he possibly could to stay in the scrum. When Andris saw Curry fall, he jumped towards him and I guess shielded him. Not exactly sure what Andris was doing but he did something and I'm ok with that.
2. I'm very disappointed in Lee. When everything went down he turned away and walked towards the bench. He quickly walks back towards the scrum, but had no kind of urgency.
3. We need to sign someone strictly to be an enforcer. I suggest we look at Matt Barnes or Tyler Hansbrough.
4. I'm sure everyone looked at us and said we got punked, but after that scrum, I'm proud of all the guys that was on the floor with an exception to Lee.
5. You have to wonder what would've happened if you take out Biedrins and insert Bogut or Festus, both who are more physical than the latvian. Hell I'm sure Landry would've pushed some bodies around too.
6. Fuk Lance Stephenson.
7. Fuk David West.
8. And fuk Roy Hibbert.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:55 pm
MT2 said that Draymond Green was disappointed that he wasn't in the scrum. Now that's somebody I wouldn't mind being suspended to show we aint no bitchezzz

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:00 pm
Just to be clear, I'm not upset at David Lee for not throwing a punch or anything like that. I understand that some people aren't fighters and I'm cool with that. What I did have a problem with was that he didn't do anything. Didn't hold an opponent back, didn't hold a teammate back, didn't do jack but start it and walked away from it.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:46 pm
I didn't see the game, only the replay of the fight, so I didn't see any lead up to that incident but IMO Lee started the fight and I agree that he then disappeared. He should've been there to protect Curry instead of the other way around. West was allowed to throw cheap shots and basically have his way with our guys without any resistance. Ezeli or Green should have been given the task of hammering him with a bit of old fashioned payback.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:24 am
Lee didn't even realize we were fighting while he was walking back, but when he was did, he was totally chill. I think it's important to have a guy who can walk things off and not get caught up in his emotions. If you look at the Knicks, they lose a lot of games because they are overly emotional and when things go wrong ,they go really wrong because Chandler, Smith, Melo all freak out. Can't have that.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:36 am
The refs let things get out hand this game, and I am generally pretty lenient with the officials. **** the Pacers. Liked how Curry went right in to try and protect his teammate he gets major points from me.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:46 am
Blackfoot, I agree that we don't want Lee getting all Ron Artest on everyone but I do expect him to step in and protect the little guys like Curry from bullies like Hibbert and West. After all the ankle problems that Curry has had, I was horrified to see Hibbert throwing him to floor like a rag doll. As I said, Lee started the fight and Curry was backing him up. Lee can't just throw a grenade and get the hell out of there.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 am
warriorsstepup wrote:The refs let things get out hand this game, and I am generally pretty lenient with the officials. **** the Pacers. Liked how Curry went right in to try and protect his teammate he gets major points from me.

This is exactly how I saw this incident and the events that led up to it.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:28 am
I'm surprised the refs were not chastised by Stern.

Return to Warriors Basketball