Trade Deadline Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:29 pm
32 wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:I'd like to see his pass-to-assist stats if that even exists. His D is avg at worst. He can create and create for others. That's not 1 dimensional.

His assist ratio (percentage of possessions that result in assists) is 49th among qualified shooting guards.

11.9 isn't exactly "creating for others". Ginobli's assist ratio is 26.1, Wade's is 18.4, Iggy's at 23.4... Even Kobe's is over 17 and he's an acclaimed ball hog. Thompson is in the same ballpark as Jamal Crawford, Jason Richardson, and JR Smith. Would you say they were above-average distributors?

Kobe is a ball hog, but he is good at passing. You can be both.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:36 pm
Anyways, assists and even Assist/turnover is a flawed stat for the same reason assists are. It's a lot based on the team you are on. Is wrestbrook nine assist a game good passer? No, not really. But he has KD.

82games has a stat for assist to bad passes, which is still flawed, but better. Klay is pretty average in passing.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:48 pm
is there a stat for pass to pass to score (not necessarily an assist)? lol. I think Klay takes some questionable shots (as many 2nd yr players do), but he is also a net plus player according to 82games.com. This 7th worst team just a season ago, is now a 6th seed n stats show Warriors are better with him on the court. If you look at other sites, he is undervalued and the scapegoat, even in the midst of one of the BEST SEASONS in how long? It doesn't make sense. This team doesn't need a scapegoat, it needs the fans support for doing something past Warrior teams dreamed of doing.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:38 am
BayAreaHoopz wrote:Its not a matter how good Klay is or how good he can be. Same goes for everyone else on this roster. Its easy to like players, but you have to love the team. In the end, the question remains...Is this a championship caliber team? Are you content with the Warriors JUST being a playoff team?

I don't see this current roster, even with a healthy Bogut for a full season, as a championship caliber team. I just don't. There are just too many defensive issues. We can talk about advanced stats all we want to try and prove points, but you have to just believe your eyes at some point. I just don't see Thompson as a good defender. He's an average one. You look at this roster and the key players are pretty much soft defensively with guys like Curry, Thompson and Lee. They need that Thabo Sefolosha, Kawhi Leonard, Tony Allen or Gerald Wallace type player. Someone who isn't going to demand the ball offensively and someone that takes pride in playing defense.

Firstly, I am happy with this team just being a playoff one, at least for some four years. Why? Because this team has been out of the playoffs for so ,ong and only been their once in some eighteen years! That's disgraceful. I'll take 1st round exit four years straight and say that my team at least was in the top half of all teams instead of being in the bottom third or quarter like they had been for so long.

After the way the team performed in the first two months and without Bogut, with a healthy Bogut, playing like they did, at that level, the team definately is championship caliber. Who would have thought the team would have been in the top 8 in the West, let alone 5th with out Bogut? None of us to be truthful and that's exactly where they were.

I'll take the youthful players in the team and say they'll all improve or at least stay at their current level for a few years, which means the team is a playoff one still for a few years. I'll say that what likely will happen is that Klay will get at least a bit better, Barnes will get alot better and we could only get more out of Bogut than this season, so that's improvement over what has been done this season, which means possible top 4 team in the west.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:52 am
8th ave wrote:Traded Jenkins and Tyler for 2nd rounders today. Good move and gives us the full MLE next year. Will it be enough to bring back Jack? Probably not. We'll have to hope that Bazemore will be able to fill in as back up point guard. I'm pretty sure Landry will be hitting free agency as well. The good news is that we have Rush coming back, and hopefully we can acquire another back up 4 that can take Landry's place. We'll see.

Jack will be offered 6-7 million from some team wanting a starting PG, so the team likey will lose him, but Landry is good for 5 million, don't think any team will offer him more than that, so he should be kept for that amount. A replacement PG can be found quite easily, such a good one is the hard part. With Rush coming back, that makes up for any loss in production the team might lose I think. Add healthy Bogut, if it happens, and that's a better team than this season and that's not including an improved Barnes.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:17 am
rockyBeli wrote:is there a stat for pass to pass to score (not necessarily an assist)? lol. I think Klay takes some questionable shots (as many 2nd yr players do), but he is also a net plus player according to 82games.com. This 7th worst team just a season ago, is now a 6th seed n stats show Warriors are better with him on the court. If you look at other sites, he is undervalued and the scapegoat, even in the midst of one of the BEST SEASONS in how long? It doesn't make sense. This team doesn't need a scapegoat, it needs the fans support for doing something past Warrior teams dreamed of doing.

Closet thing on 82games is a assist percentage on court and off court. On court, 61 percent of our scores are assists. 55 percent while he is off. So that certainly means the ball zips around more with him on the court.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:18 am
migya wrote:
8th ave wrote:Traded Jenkins and Tyler for 2nd rounders today. Good move and gives us the full MLE next year. Will it be enough to bring back Jack? Probably not. We'll have to hope that Bazemore will be able to fill in as back up point guard. I'm pretty sure Landry will be hitting free agency as well. The good news is that we have Rush coming back, and hopefully we can acquire another back up 4 that can take Landry's place. We'll see.

Jack will be offered 6-7 million from some team wanting a starting PG, so the team likey will lose him, but Landry is good for 5 million, don't think any team will offer him more than that, so he should be kept for that amount. A replacement PG can be found quite easily, such a good one is the hard part. With Rush coming back, that makes up for any loss in production the team might lose I think. Add healthy Bogut, if it happens, and that's a better team than this season and that's not including an improved Barnes.

Landry will be overpaid because he is a big. I believe.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:34 am
Blackfoot wrote:
migya wrote:

I figure the same, but it didn't happen last year, sooo...

Hes getting minutes and $4 million from the best team he's ever been on with a coach he completely buys into. I'll be shocked if he doesn't pick up his player option.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:44 am
32 wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:
migya wrote:

Hes getting minutes and $4 million from the best team he's ever been on with a coach he completely buys into. I'll be shocked if he doesn't pick up his player option.

i'll be shocked if he doesnt opt out.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:27 pm
8th ave wrote:
32 wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:
migya wrote:

i'll be shocked if he doesnt opt out.

Whose gonna sign him?

The PF market this summer includes Josh Smith, David West, Earl Clark, Al-Farooq Aminu, JJ Hickson, Tiago Splitter, Elton Brand, Al Jefferson, Brandan Wright, Lamar Odom, Andre Blatche, Birdman Anderson, Chris Wilcox, Paul Milsap, Matt Barnes, Josh McRoberts, and Ronny Turiaf. That doesn't even include termination options or restricted FA's, which would add Dejaun Blair, Emeka Okafor, Tyler Hansborough, Maurice Speights, Hakim Warrick, Shawn Marion, Rashard Lewis, Nikolai Pekovic, Jason Smith, and Kwame Brown to the mix.

You think Landry can command more that $4 million in a market FLOODED with power forwards?
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:53 pm
What the...

1. You named some centers.
2. Top tier PF out of all the ones you named.
3. He WILL be offered more than 4 mil a year. It's not even a discussion.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm
Wait, what??!? Did you seriously just call him a top tier PF amongst allllll those guys? With Josh Smith? Paul Milsap? David West? Al Jefferson?! Al-Farouq Aminu?

He's maaaaaybe a 2nd tier guy, with players like Hickson, Earl Clark, & Brandan Wright (depending on what you're looking for out of your 4). Saying its not even a discussion is waaaaay off base. Why was Carl Landry still sitting at home before the start of training camp if he's such a commodity? I know he's a terrific backup, but how many teams want to pay over $5 million in this new CBA for a backup 4?

(and, c'mon, we're really gonna split hairs on position? Jefferson's 6'10". Just because Utah and Minnesota didn't have any better options at center, they played him out of position. Lets not lie though. Dude's easily a 4, like DeMarcus Cousins and Al Horford. You can play most of your games out of position, just ask Tim Duncan, Monta Ellis, Allen Iverson, etc).

But if you really wanna flesh this out, gimmie a team. Who do you see signing Carl Landry for over $5 million?
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:18 pm
32 wrote:Wait, what??!? Did you seriously just call him a top tier PF amongst allllll those guys? With Josh Smith? Paul Milsap? David West? Al Jefferson?! Al-Farouq Aminu?

He's maaaaaybe a 2nd tier guy, with players like Hickson, Earl Clark, & Brandan Wright (depending on what you're looking for out of your 4). Saying its not even a discussion is waaaaay off base. Why was Carl Landry still sitting at home before the start of training camp if he's such a commodity? I know he's a terrific backup, but how many teams want to pay over $5 million in this new CBA for a backup 4?

(and, c'mon, we're really gonna split hairs on position? Jefferson's 6'10". Just because Utah and Minnesota didn't have any better options at center, they played him out of position. Lets not lie though. Dude's easily a 4, like DeMarcus Cousins and Al Horford. You can play most of your games out of position, just ask Tim Duncan, Monta Ellis, Allen Iverson, etc).

But if you really wanna flesh this out, gimmie a team. Who do you see signing Carl Landry for over $5 million?

He'll get more than 4 mil. Period.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:39 pm
LMFAO ::lol:

I guess we'll see this summer
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:53 pm
32 wrote:LMFAO ::lol:

I guess we'll see this summer

Lets do a friendly bet, 32. One of those signature bets for a week. If Landry opts out I win. If he opts in and stay you win. Personally, if i win, I'd want you to take a picture of yourself holding a sign that reads, "8th ave is my daddy". Lol. Whataya say?

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball