Trade Deadline Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:15 pm
Tonight:

Curry, Thompson, Jack combine for 48 shots (16.0 per)
Lee, Bogut, and Thompson combine for 28 shots (9.3 per)

Something's gotta change.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:31 pm
I think you meant Landry, but I agree. We need to play inside out. It makes me wonder whether it's teams adjusting to our big men so that we have to adjust our offensive game plan, or if we are changing our offensive game plan for no good reason. We've definitely have been going away from Lee lately. That does need to change.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:33 pm
Bogut is probably taking away 2-3 post isos away from Lee too. I imagine that Bogut's game will come around hopefully sooner than later. In his post game interview he says the reason his shots are short is because his legs aren't under him yet. This team has so much more room for improvement. If we can get each player to play at their fullest potential we could be a force to deal with, but we have to work harder.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:50 am
Maturation process of a very solid team. I am very excited for the playoffs when this team fully puts everything together. Second round ceiling though.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 am
Blackfoot wrote:Maturation process of a very solid team. I am very excited for the playoffs when this team fully puts everything together. Second round ceiling though.

We can get to the conference finals if we get 4th seed and see the clippers in the semi finals. ::lol:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 am
Kris Humphries, anybody?

Brooklyn in looking for a 3rd team to take Humphries in a Josh Smith trade, since Atlanta wants nothing to do with him. We could deal Biedrins to Atlanta, while Smith heads to Brooklyn, and we'll absorb Humphries for our worst contract. It'd be up to Brooklyn to sweeten the pot for Atlanta (draft picks, prospects) since all we're doing is providing them with an expirer for next year (rather than a long-term commitment like Humphries).

Humphries is an absolute monster rebounder and blocks his fair share of shots too. This makes Landry all the more attractive this offseason as a bargain trade chip (cheap low block scorers are rare). We might be able to sneak back into the draft by dangling Carl out there. Meanwhile, we slide Ezeli into the backup 5 spot, swap Landry's role for Humphries, and regain a possible draft pick in the 15-20 range assuming a team on the cusp wants Landry.

Any takers?
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:06 pm
The one thing this team needs is a do it all type of guy. A guy that can play great defense as well. Currently, this roster doesn't have that type of player. Curry and Thompson are both jump shooters. To compliment them, they need a guy that can attack the basket and dish while playing D. As much as I like Thompson and Barnes, one of them should be moved for that type of player that they need. I've posted in the trade section about acquiring someone like Evan Turner for Thompson, but the more I think about it, I think Barnes for Turner could really work as well.

If the Sixers would take on Richard Jefferson and Harrison Barnes for Evan Turner and Jason Richardson, it would be a trade that would accomplish a few things. They get that potential defensive 3 in Turner, who can be a point forward and distribute the ball off the drive. They also shed enough money ($1.8M) to get under the luxury tax keeping Jenkins, Bazemore and Tyler on the roster. Richardson isn't going to play this season, but he could be come a valuable bench guy next season. Curry, Thompson, Turner, Lee and Bogut would be come a more balanced line up when it comes to scoring, defense and rebounds.

Another trade idea is going after Josh Smith. He can rebound and defend at the 3 spot. He's also great in the open court and isn't scared to pass the ball. Give up Barnes, Jefferson and a future first round pick to the Hawks for Josh Smith. They save $1M from this deal and would only have to waive one player (Jenkins) to get under the luxury tax. Not sure Milwaukee's deal of Ellis and Udoh is a better deal than getting a young Barnes and future first. If they can re-sign Josh Smith then this team would be set for a few years and getting a late first rounder wouldn't help much anyways.

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - Jarrett Jack
SG Klay Thompson - Kent Bazemore
SF Josh Smith - Draymond Green
PF David Lee - Carly Landry
C Andrew Bogut - Andris Biedrins - Festus Ezeli
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:38 pm
Mortgage the future to rent Josh Smith for a few months?

I'm all for any deal if it brings a real star. Have Josh Smith or Eric Gordon ever even made an all star team? If they passed on overpaying Rudy Gay, it'd be dumb to overpay another player, at $15mil and injury-ridden.

Klay Thompson = 2nd year
Harrison Barnes = Rookie
Warriors = in playoff hunt

no need for panic button
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:38 pm
Klay Thompson = underrated / undervalued / scapegoat player of the year

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:20 pm
Looks like Jenkins and Tyler were both shipped out.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:24 pm
WarriorsFanInKC wrote:Looks like Jenkins and Tyler were both shipped out.

Beat me to it:

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2013/2 ... remy-tyler

Jenkins to Philly, Tyler to Atlanta. All sources point to salary dump, to get under the luxury tax (they needed to cut $1.2 million, both players combined made $1.5 million). In essence, we gave up nothing and received nothing.

Looking more and more like the Dubs are gonna stand pat, with the Gordon trade shelved til the summer.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:27 pm
rockyBeli wrote:Klay Thompson = underrated / undervalued / scapegoat player of the year

How do you figure? Because some of us are willing to trade him for proven commodities?

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:05 pm
I'm fine with monitoring Gordon a little before making a trade, even though his trade-value was so low now.. there certainly is a reason why it's so low. I think it's the right decision to see if he can play back-to-back and average 30 (good) minutes and then pull the trigger on him.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:15 pm
I have seen a trade proposal that involved Klay for Turner on this site. And on other Warrior forums where it was Klay for Tyreke Evans. Simply put, Klay is undervalued. He is an efficient scorer and he has been our best defensive player this year. Rocky is right when he says people have been scapegoating Klay. I see it on a lot of other forums, not as much on this one.

Anyways, you always try to buy low, so Eric Gordon (Dwayne Wade potential) would be the only time we get this kind of deal for him. If he stays healthy a deal like this won't be in place ever again, and if he stays hurt than we made the right call.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:33 pm
While I agree with you that he has a ton of potential (top 10 in the NBA, possibly) I don't think he has D-Wade potential. He is a much better shooter than Wade ever has been, but in nearly everything else D-Wade outshines Gordon. He lacks the upper superstar-potential that Wade had, imo.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball