Andrew Bogut Expectations

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What sort of numbers do you expect out of Bogut once he's healthy?

20 and 10; he's on a better team than ever before and should thrive.
No votes
15 and 10; slightly better than his career averages.
No votes
13 and 9; about the same as his career numbers.
42%
10 and 8; next to Lee, his numbers should take a slight hit.
42%
5 and 5; he won't recover enough to play more than 20 minutes.
No votes
I don't care, his digits will suck, but he helps the Warriors win.
8%
Doesn't matter, Bogut's not the answer. Trade him.
8%

Total votes : 12

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:54 am
Bogut wasn't protecting the paint like we needed him to yesterday. Jus' sayin.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:14 pm
Houston's a tough matchup for him. Lotta drive and kicks.

Bogut covering Asik inside? Not worried at all. But Bogut crashing a corner to close out on a rotation to get to Parsons or Lin? You can't expect him to be everywhere. We saw a lotta Dramond at the 4, Landry and Lee at the 5 last night. Just a product of the run and gun style you have to adapt to when a team goes super small against you.

He'll do much better against Utah. His IQ against a up-and-under wizard like Jefferson who loves to iso on the low post is gonna be a much better showing for him than trying to run around covering a bouncy team like the Rockets.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:33 pm
Yeah, I am not actually sure how the Jazz can beat us. They have a horrible back court with Williams out and their best offensive player gets owned by Bogut every time they play. If we get blown out that game than I will be worried.

Until then, I am in cruse control.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:29 pm
So do we shop this guy and his expiring contract this offseason? I'd say it'll be worth exploring. Maybe we couple it with Andris' or RJ's contract and take on a bad contract???

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:32 pm
When I say bad contract I mean someone who is more than serviceable just a bit overpaid.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:51 pm
Definetely an option, but let's have a little patience now. If he doesn't show anything near his Bucks-day, I'll say we should try and shop him, not necessarily do it, because in this instance his value will be low.. but dunno. It really depends on what we get back.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:19 am
As much as I think Bogut is so valuable and as much as he is the only proper Center the franchise has had in some 35 years, he is a real issue now. His "protruding disk in his back" is another injury and this one may not be the first time it's propped up, as he apparently missed time with the Bucks in 2008 and 2009.

I think he'll pull through and be a top 5 Center again, but if he doesn't finish the season playing the last ten games at least, maybe looking to trade him for another good Center, like Asik, is not a bad thing, as it gives more safety and stability.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:37 pm
Sooooo.

Who thinks Bogut will get to 20 games this year?

He's at 12. After tonight's game, there will be 23 games left. Anybody think he'll be able to clomp through 8 more? And assuming he doesn't obliterate something else that takes 3-9 months to heal (which he may... Who knows, with this guy), how many games (minutes?) can we honestly expect out of him in the playoffs? Is anybody still counting on Bogut to bring something to this team?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:44 pm
Under
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:54 pm
I think we should trade him this off-season.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:08 pm
I don't know, I just disappointed I had really high hopes for Bogut. How patient can you be as a fan.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:29 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:I don't know, I just disappointed I had really high hopes for Bogut. How patient can you be as a fan.

Believe me, I was one of the people who was balls to walls excited. At this point you have to ask yourself if he's going to improve from what we've seen. You also have to ask yourself whether or not he'll play enough to make an impact. Right now, I'm not too sure if he's going to help us that much with where he's at physically. I'm also very skeptical that he'll stay on the court long enough to give this team a chance to build chemistry with him. You couple that with him currently being the highest paid payer and it's almost a no-brainer.

I'm sure it's going to cost us either Bogut/Biedrins/RJ + our 2014 1st rounder + Klay or Barnes to get a superstar in here to help Curry, but I'm for it right now.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:48 pm
8th ave wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:I don't know, I just disappointed I had really high hopes for Bogut. How patient can you be as a fan.

Believe me, I was one of the people who was balls to walls excited. At this point you have to ask yourself if he's going to improve from what we've seen. You also have to ask yourself whether or not he'll play enough to make an impact. Right now, I'm not too sure if he's going to help us that much with where he's at physically. I'm also very skeptical that he'll stay on the court long enough to give this team a chance to build chemistry with him. You couple that with him currently being the highest paid payer and it's almost a no-brainer.

I'm sure it's going to cost us either Bogut/Biedrins/RJ + our 2014 1st rounder + Klay or Barnes to get a superstar in here to help Curry, but I'm for it right now.

With an injured Bogut, and further with his history of injury his value is i can imagine is real low. And brings me to the second point, how patient can we be ? Curry needs help bad, it seems lately everyone has been regressing except for Curry. At the end I think we just have to be patient until all the expires disappear, although its a real hard choice right now, because that means mediocrity next year, with the same roster.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 pm
Bogut is an expirer, and if you're a team whose looking to get rid of a big contract, who would you rather have? Andris Bierdrins or Andrew Bogut?

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:19 pm
8th ave wrote:Bogut is an expirer, and if you're a team whose looking to get rid of a big contract, who would you rather have? Andris Bierdrins or Andrew Bogut?

Yes Jefferson, Beans, and Bogut, will have one year left on their contract after this season. Never thought Id say Beans will be more useful to a team than Bogut. Bogut is too risky plus when he gets back, he will never be the same after all these injuries.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball