Game Thread: Houston Rockets @ Warriors 2013-02-12

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:05 pm
they are getting lost in screens, an switching.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:17 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:We need to keep driving, its part of the game. Its not like we are not capable we just don't do it enough since we shoot so well.

i read recently that thompson is very bad at finishing his drives this season. so, incapability here is maybe not doing it enough during practice. or mayeb some players are just shooters, which i hope will not be the case with thompson.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:23 pm
martin wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:We need to keep driving, its part of the game. Its not like we are not capable we just don't do it enough since we shoot so well.

i read recently that thompson is very bad at finishing his drives this season. so, incapability here is maybe not doing it enough during practice. or mayeb some players are just shooters, which i hope will not be the case with thompson.

Thats interesting, but i have heard that before, i believe all the guards are capable of driving to the rim, they are not ultra athletic but they are also not stiffs, regardless it is something that needs to happen tho.

Whats going on with Landry lately ? He just has not been producing like before.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:25 pm
I don't think its fluke some team light the warriors up from threes, look at the distance they give shooters on other teams, its like they get lost, next thing you know the opposing team has like two feet distance to launch, these dudes are pros they will hit open shots. They really really need to tighten that up.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:32 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:I don't think its fluke some team light the warriors up from threes, look at the distance they give shooters on other teams, its like they get lost, next thing you know the opposing team has like two feet distance to launch, these dudes are pros they will hit open shots. They really really need to tighten that up.

That's a side effect of a zone and helping on defense, which is default mode of our defense most of the time.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 pm
"I hope David Lee makes it to the All-Star" lol Mayor of Oakland.

Hello he is an all-star.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:35 pm
martin wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:I don't think its fluke some team light the warriors up from threes, look at the distance they give shooters on other teams, its like they get lost, next thing you know the opposing team has like two feet distance to launch, these dudes are pros they will hit open shots. They really really need to tighten that up.

That's a side effect of a zone and helping on defense, which is default mode of our defense most of the time.

Good catch on the zone, I will have to pay attention on how and if the zone is working

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:45 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
martin wrote:

Good catch on the zone, I will have to pay attention on how and if the zone is working

also, here's the link about many things driving http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... -available , no surprise we struggle against houston, denver and oklahoma - all those teams can drive and do drive a lot and efficiently, plus they have shooters - our zone is like a smiling face for teams like that.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:02 pm
martin wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
martin wrote:

also, here's the link about many things driving http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... -available , no surprise we struggle against houston, denver and oklahoma - all those teams can drive and do drive a lot and efficiently, plus they have shooters - our zone is like a smiling face for teams like that.

Plus one, good find Martin and certifies the conclusion about the lack of driving to the hoop. And as far as the zone, lol, it sure is a smiling face for teams capable of hitting threes, the opposing teams have too much room and are way too open.

This
Klay Thompson has turned over the ball on 16 percent of his drives, one of the 10 highest turnover rates among all players recorded by the cameras. That’s bad, but Golden State averages just 15.8 drives per game, 26th in the league. Even Stephen Curry averages only about three drives per game, which is fine, since Curry (unlike Jennings, another low-drives-per-game point guard), is a historically great 3-point shooter

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:07 pm
Hardens ankle looks terrible, guy can barely walk. So if Harden can't play Curry might make the all-star spot, but honestly that is not even important to me, whats important right now is how the team is playing, and its not great.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:08 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
martin wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
martin wrote:

Plus one, good find Martin and certifies the conclusion about the lack of driving to the hoop. And as far as the zone, lol, it sure is a smiling face for teams capable of hitting threes, the opposing teams have too much room and are way too open.

This
Klay Thompson has turned over the ball on 16 percent of his drives, one of the 10 highest turnover rates among all players recorded by the cameras. That’s bad, but Golden State averages just 15.8 drives per game, 26th in the league. Even Stephen Curry averages only about three drives per game, which is fine, since Curry (unlike Jennings, another low-drives-per-game point guard), is a historically great 3-point shooter

That's what i've been saying whole last week. It does not bode well for our playoff plans since we will likely play one of those drive and kick teams of denver, okc or spurs.
I see memphis as most favourable match-up for us.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:16 pm
Damn Harden came back, looking normal.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:35 pm
What were we saying about the zone ? Oh yea it does not work, this aint college ball. grrr

And am sorry but Bogut not making the impact I was hoping, a bit too slow and the warriors need to figure how to utilize bogut on offense.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:38 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:What were we saying about the zone ? Oh yea it does not work, this aint college ball. grrr

And am sorry but Bogut not making the impact I was hoping, a bit too slow and the warriors need to figure how to utilize bogut on offense.

Wholy agreed. It also may answer why landry was regressing - with bogut he gets his minutes cut and does not finish halves. Confidence/chemistry issues.
Use zone against bad non-shooter teams, or teams that kill you from the inside. or when you play small. zone with big hardly mobile centers - no go.
Last edited by martin on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:40 pm
yeah I think they are still adjusting to Bogut.

Warriors need to change their identity a little more and be an inside-out team instead of always relying on jumpers. Earlier in the season they weren't retreating from the paint by going to Lee and Landry more. Well now we got Bogut, no excuse to take jumpers every possession.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads