Game Thread: Warriors @ Memphis Grizzlies 2013-02-08

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:31 pm
Golden State Warriors (30 - 19) @ Memphis Grizzlies (30 - 18)

Start time: 5:00 PM PST @ FedEx Forum
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Memphis Grizzlies:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Marc Gasol
PF - Zach Randolph
SF - Tayshaun Prince
SG - Tony Allen
PG - Mike Conley

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (20.8) | Z. Randolph (15.6)
RPG - D. Lee (11.0) | Z. Randolph (11.8)
APG - S. Curry (6.5) | M. Conley (5.7)
SPG - S. Curry (1.6) | M. Conley (2.3)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.9) | M. Gasol (1.8)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:18 am
I think we take this one.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:07 pm
In terms of differential and winning percentage, we are the luckiest team in the league. I expect some regression, I am/was hoping we can/could avoid it because of the return of Bogut. But I think is probably definitely a lost.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:23 pm
Memphis is coughing up points with their perimeter lock down player in Canada. 3 out of 4 games without Gay and they're batting .250, allowing 93.8 points - compared to the 89.6 they gave up before the trade. Not to mention, without their sole victory against D-League level Washington, their points allowed since the trade swells to 99.7, over 10 points higher than when they had Gay. Granted, Gay hasn't solved ALL the Raptors' problems... But he did net them a victory against the Clippers, not to mention his losses in Toronto came at the hands of a nail-biting 4th quarter against the red hot Celtics and a Heat team whose Big 3 put up 81 points on 60% shooting.

But I'm going off on a tangent. I expect a tremendous effort from the Warriors, who have been embarrassed twice in a row... Especially against a weakened Memphis squad lacking their perimeter stopper. Golden State by 8, Lee goes for 18 points, 13 boards, and 7 dimes.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:32 pm
When did the Warriors quit playing good rotational defense?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:46 pm
holy fukking fuk, man... we suck this road trip...

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:47 pm
We're just running into some bad luck, man. Allen shouldnt score 10 points this early and Daye shouldn't either.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:59 pm
Teams are shooting lights out against us recently. The question is, are we out of luck, or are we just playing that bad of a defense?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:19 pm
Seems like luck to me. All the teams are hitting their 3's against us. Jackson preaches defense from the inside out, so you'd imagine Golden State is still forcing their opponents into outside jumpers... But the past 3 games, it seems like somebody (Lee, Jefferson, and Thompson mostly) are constantly getting burned on the rotation by a corner 3. It's one thing to submit easier jumpers on the perimeter, but for chrissakes you gotta get a hand in somebody's face.

As far as tonight, I'm okay with being back by 7 at the half so long as they get it to within 4 by the end of the 3rd. Curry ignites in the final quarter, so give him something to work with and his late shooting should manage the rest. Lee is unconscious right now; I like him as a 3rd quarter option, though I see Memphis crashing him with hard physicality, so look for him to pick up 3 or 4 dimes in the quarter by facilitating off the post. Bogut is doing his job inside.

My only advice besides the obvious is this: Barnes looks primed for a 40 minute game. He's contributing WAY more than Green (even defensively) and he's got the young legs to last. Let the rookie burn, Coach. If the Warriors can establish Barnes as a 3rd facilitator, with Lee and Steph, it'll open things up for Klay and then magic happens. 3rd quarter is crucial from start to finish. Let's hold them to under 25 and go for 30!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:27 pm
I've been saying that about Barnes since the beginning of the season. Kid always had it in him, just needs minutes early, to make him more confident. And Green was just fired up early on, happy being part of the NBA circus. Oh, when I remember some here were saying he is better than Harrison. ::razz:

The more mins Barnes gets, the more other will look good as well. He is a complete player, he does it all.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:29 pm
Guybrush wrote:I've been saying that about Barnes since the beginning of the season. Kid always had it in him, just needs minutes early, to make him more confident. And Green was just fired up early on, happy being part of the NBA circus. Oh, when I remember some here were saying he is better than Harrison. ::razz:

The more mins Barnes gets, the more other will look good as well. He is a complete player, he does it all.

Name names.

I wanna know who I should swap drug dealers with. :wink:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:33 pm
Damn! Klay already has 5 TOs. He is really awful tonight. Maybe he should spend some time on the bench, he is not doing anything good out there. Shoot is off, and his decisions, and effort altogether, are really bad. He's doing more ill than good for the team...put Kent in, can't be worse than that. Then put Klay back, if he continues to struggle, let his sit out the rest of the game. He just has a bad day, no reason to force it.

And we are back in this one, down by one.

I wrote this in the wrong game thread by accident, lol. Anyway, since then, Klay nailed a three pointer. :)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:35 pm
32 wrote:
Guybrush wrote:I've been saying that about Barnes since the beginning of the season. Kid always had it in him, just needs minutes early, to make him more confident. And Green was just fired up early on, happy being part of the NBA circus. Oh, when I remember some here were saying he is better than Harrison. ::razz:

Name names.

I wanna know who I should swap drug dealers with. :wink:

8th for sure...and I believe Blackfoot was making a case for Green. :drunken: :mrgreen:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:00 pm
How come this kid isn't playing in the All-Star? It's not wrong to him and the fans, it's wrong to the game of basketball.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:29 pm
Well that sucked again. I hate watching Klay Thompson
Next

Return to Game Threads