Game Thread: Dallas Mavericks @ Warriors 2013-01-31

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:26 pm
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:Another good win, but I'm concerned how the team doesn't blow these lower teams out at home. Curry is valuable, but with Bogut back they should be able to spank these teams that are a fair way below them.

With time, Migs. It takes a little time.

Agreed. Not every team is the Craptors. It looks to me like they're not really familiar with Bogut yet, offensively or defensively. They miss him on a lot of basket cuts on one end and they also need to learn how to let their defender go so they can feed Bogut blocks defensively. A couple times, I saw Barnes and Green get in Bogut's way instead of letting him cover them inside. It'll come with time, as 8th said, but it looks like they're still getting their sea legs.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:44 pm
I know I'm not a regular here on this board but from watching the games on LP I think that Boguts progression will def be a work in progress. There are spurts where they look so good with him and then other times where they looked clueless. I think half of it is Bogut not knowing the plays and the other being not having Steph there. However, while its tough to watch I like how they are figuring this out in close games and most importantly learning how to win the close games when things are going right. I saw the Laker collapse the other day losing a 20 points lead and so nothing is a given.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:48 pm
DleagueDelight wrote:I know I'm not a regular here on this board but from watching the games on LP I think that Boguts progression will def be a work in progress. There are spurts where they look so good with him and then other times where they looked clueless. I think half of it is Bogut not knowing the plays and the other being not having Steph there. However, while its tough to watch I like how they are figuring this out in close games and most importantly learning how to win the close games when things are going right. I saw the Laker collapse the other day losing a 20 points lead and so nothing is a given.

I think he looked a LOT like the Bogut of Milwaukee in the Raptors game, but he clearly wasn't as quick, light footed, or explosive last night against Dallas. I'm hoping it's just a matter of getting conditioned and fitting in with the team, but as a fellow LP subscriber myself, you are correct. Out of 6 games this year, Bogut has looked like Bogut only once. That's pretty worrisome but the Toronto game gives me hope that maybe he's finally healed.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:56 pm
Seven blocks in fifty minutes. :D
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:53 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Seven blocks in fifty minutes. :D

No joke :thumbright:

Seriously, the last comparable shot-blocker this team had to Andrew Bogut was Wilt Chamberlain. I'm dead serious; not even partially competent rim protectors, like Adonal Foyle, Ralph Sampson, or Joe Barry Carroll could hold a candle to what Bogut brings defensively. Even fatigued and clearly not 100% against Dallas, Bogut contributed 2 key blocks in the final 5 minutes of regulation to deliver the win. What a player!
Previous

Return to Game Threads