Last All-Star Latrell Sprewell (1997)

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:32 am
At least Lee got in, but yea, Curry would have deserved it as well.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:43 pm
Biggest snubs, IMO:

Obviously, Curry, but no Marc Gasol in the West and no Brooke Lopez in the East?? I think the two best centers in the Conference, at least in the first half, got completely boned by the new "frontcourt/backcourt" format. Marc Gasol and Brooke Lopez are leading their teams to 3-seed status wins and having great individual years, yet don't even get love at the reserve spots?

Most overrated:

James Harden (yeah, I said it. Monta Ellis put up comparable numbers - 25ish/6/5 - on a 10-seed team... I didn't see him getting all-star love). LeMarcus Alderige (again, your team is crap? How did you beat out Marc Gasol). Chris Bosh (again, over Brooke Lopez?? Crazy).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:44 pm
There's just no way Aldridge should be in there before Gasol or Curry. Had Gasol been in there I would be a lot less bitter about Curry's snub, but Aldridge? C'mon, man.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:00 am
The coaches have a problem with the way they vote. They don't base their votes on who they think the best performers are. They pick their votes based on what they think the most balanced roster would be. For instance, they felt that they wanted to have another forward as opposed to a guard or another Warrior. That is messed up. Their job is not to put a balanced roster according to their likings. That is not how you do it. You are supposed to vote for 2 guards, 3 big men, and then 2 wild cards. What position you play should have nothing to do with who should go in, that's why it's a wild card. And the coaches got it wrong. It flew by their heads. They didn't vote for Lamarcus because he had a good year. They voted for him because they thought there was too many guards in the west and too many warrior players. Shame on the coaches for their lack of meticulousness. They didn't do their part.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball