Western seeding.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:17 am
I can't believe I'm talking about this. What a differences a year makes. Crazy isn't it?

I wanted to talk about where you guys want to be seeded. I think the most important thing for us is to secure the 4th seed. Right now, we've struggled mightily against teams that are big, but assuming that Bogut will be back in time for playoffs, I'm not that worried about teams like the Spurs, Clips, and Grizzlies. The reason we want the 4th seed is because it'll give us home court advantage in the first round. We've shown we can win on the road, but we don't have a lot of playoff experience and I think us playing at home helps us exponentially in terms of getting out of the first round.

What do you guys think? Be specific about which matchups you like too.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:36 am
8th ave wrote:I can't believe I'm talking about this. What a differences a year makes. Crazy isn't it?

I wanted to talk about where you guys want to be seeded. I think the most important thing for us is to secure the 4th seed. Right now, we've struggled mightily against teams that are big, but assuming that Bogut will be back in time for playoffs, I'm not that worried about teams like the Spurs, Clips, and Grizzlies. The reason we want the 4th seed is because it'll give us home court advantage in the first round. We've shown we can win on the road, but we don't have a lot of playoff experience and I think us playing at home helps us exponentially in terms of getting out of the first round.

What do you guys think? Be specific about which matchups you like too.

I want us to be the sixth seed vs the third seeded Clippers.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:07 am
I think Bogut will matchup much better with Griffin than Landry or Lee.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:07 pm
most: I don't want denver and oklahoma.
less: I don't want memphis and spurs.
the lessest : I don't want clippers.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:28 pm
I'd be happy if we can avoid the Thunder and Spurs in the 1st round. I don't think this Warriors team fear any other team. I also think that we could beat Spurs in the later rounds, especially if Bogut is back. As 8th has said, the 4th seed would be awesome for the home court advantage but I think we'll end up with the 5th seed which is probably fair as this is where we've been positioned for the majority of the season so far. I think we deserve to stay above Denver but I also wouldn't be disappointed to play the Clippers if they finish in 3rd.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:57 pm
Spurs will have something to prove, they always lay an egg in the POs, so I would like to skip them if possible. And I would also prefer if we skipped Clippers as well. We won 3 of 4 matches we played against them, they hold a grudge, especially Griffin who somehow always manages to make some extremely retarded thing that gets on TV, so people could make fun of him...so, they will want to beat the Warriors even more. And I don't know how many times in one season we can win against them.

Bit, basically, you wan to be as higher as possible. I just want home court advantage, especially with the fans in Oracle.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:08 pm
Guybrush wrote:Spurs will have something to prove, they always lay an egg in the POs, so I would like to skip them if possible. And I would also prefer if we skipped Clippers as well. We won 3 of 4 matches we played against them, they hold a grudge, especially Griffin who somehow always manages to make some extremely retarded thing that gets on TV, so people could make fun of him...so, they will want to beat the Warriors even more. And I don't know how many times in one season we can win against them.

Bit, basically, you wan to be as higher as possible. I just want home court advantage, especially with the fans in Oracle.

This is a disservice to the Spurs.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:09 pm
I think that the Grizzilies trade makes them... less deep of a team. Marreese Speights was a nice big off the bench and gave them some depth.
I think they are a team that we could beat in a 7 game series, specially if we got Bogut back healthy before then.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:13 pm
Blackfoot wrote:
Guybrush wrote:Spurs will have something to prove, they always lay an egg in the POs, so I would like to skip them if possible. And I would also prefer if we skipped Clippers as well. We won 3 of 4 matches we played against them, they hold a grudge, especially Griffin who somehow always manages to make some extremely retarded thing that gets on TV, so people could make fun of him...so, they will want to beat the Warriors even more. And I don't know how many times in one season we can win against them.

Oh, come on now...you know what I meant. It's not like they are happy with their play in PO in the last couple of seasons. You kind of expect finals from a team that leads the league in wins during the regular season.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:20 pm
I am sure they were unhappy with the outcome last year, but they brought it. One loss took a historic night of shooting from Ibaka and another loss had some questionable calls. I agree though, avoid the Spurs.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:29 am
I also think that the Grizz are the team to face, especially if we have home court advantage. They have less depth for sure and I think we matchup well against them and with Bogut back even more, though I think the speed of lineup with Lee at Center, Landry at PF and the rest is good for outgunning.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:50 am
Guybrush wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:

Oh, come on now...you know what I meant. It's not like they are happy with their play in PO in the last couple of seasons. You kind of expect finals from a team that leads the league in wins during the regular season.

The Spurs have a very New England Patriots feel to them.

So Dominate in the last decade. But as of late the best coach in the league (Poppavich Sans Bellichick) can't get his cagey vet to relive the magic of the turn of the century (Brady & Tim Duncan)

I think the ships sailed on both those franchises.. But if anything I could see the Spurs winning last one before Bellichick.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:52 pm
Yeah..I would NOT want to face the Spurs..they'll take advantage of their record against us. They'd probably beat us in 5 games. I'd like the 4th seed for sure. But don't see it. I see us obtaining the 5th or 6th seed. Memphis would be a good opponent.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:50 pm
I guess we'd have to see how we match up with Memphis when we got Bogut back, but Memphis is ****ing scary.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:04 pm
Memphis is the starters only as their bench looks weak. I agree we need Bogut for the defense and rebounding to matchup much better with the Grizz and MGasol, but our guards can really dominate them.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball