Game Thread: Portland Trail Blazers @ Warriors 2013-01-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:55 pm
Portland Trail Blazers (19 - 15) @ Golden State Warriors (22 - 12)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Festus Ezeli
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Portland Trail Blazers:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - J.J. Hickson
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
SF - Nicolas Batum
SG - Wesley Matthews
PG - Damian Lillard

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (20.1) | L. Aldridge (20.6)
RPG - D. Lee (10.9) | J. Hickson (11.0)
APG - S. Curry (6.5) | D. Lillard (6.5)
SPG - S. Curry (1.6) | W. Matthews (1.5)
BPG - F. Ezeli (1.1) | L. Aldridge (1.3)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:28 am
They beat Miami tonight :banghead:
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:26 am
8th ave wrote:They beat Miami tonight :banghead:

Doesn't matter at all. Win here.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:25 am
Remember when JJ Hickson was gonna sign with the DUBS but Portland had a worse record and was able to claim him.

Has Hickson been playing any decent?
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:51 am
Hickson is playing really good this season.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:20 pm
Looking pretty good after the 3 quarters.

When you look at the win/loss columns, you won't see a big difference between us and Blazers, but the game is telling you how much better we actually are. That's what shows that we are a real PO team, that could do something there actually.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 pm
We are gonna take this one, but defense and rebounding were pathetic in 4th quarter. Jack made some big turnovers, and played some poor D on Lillard.

I don't get it, how can you let them shoot 3s (which they were hitting mostly), and then when they miss they grab the rebound. Or walk in straight to the paint, untouched.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:18 pm
Guybrush wrote:We are gonna take this one, but defense and rebounding were pathetic in 4th quarter. Jack made some big turnovers, and played some poor D on Lillard.

I don't get it, how can you let them shoot 3s (which they were hitting mostly), and then when they miss they grab the rebound. Or walk in straight to the paint, untouched.

well, they hit just a bit over 30 percent on threes. they made at some stretch like 10 in a row. lillard's were mostly random lucky threes. it happens. we won. we played a good game.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:07 am
Another win, even if the end was quite bad for the team. Lillard looks real good and pretty sure of getting ROY.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:11 am
migya wrote:Another win, even if the end was quite bad for the team. Lillard looks real good and pretty sure of getting ROY.

I wouldn't say bad. The first half was excellent, the 3rd quarter was ok and the 4th was bad, but Lillard just got really hot.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:34 am
Lillard got hot because the D was, well...I'm not gonna say pathetic, but it was pretty awful. Lillard wouldn't have hit some of those lucky shots, if any, if someone played tighter D on him, and not letting him get into the rhythm, get hot.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:34 am
Guybrush wrote:Lillard got hot because the D was, well...I'm not gonna say pathetic, but it was pretty awful. Lillard wouldn't have hit some of those lucky shots, if any, if someone played tighter D on him, and not letting him get into the rhythm, get hot.

He got some threes from 26-27 feet or so. Not set ones, just off the dribble. Portland was stretching the floor. If you defend him as close as you can at 26-27 feet, it's pretty much a wast ocean of space for him to drive and kick for open threes.
He simply went 'jesus mode', things like that happen. Curry has done such things in his rookie year as well. I believe against the same porland team.
If you get hot by shooting half fading three pointers, well, not much to counteract that.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:36 pm
You let him try to go inside then, where bigs will take him over. Or, you play someone taller on him, Klay for instance, and he can say goodbye to even attempt at a three like that. And it was just one fade away three.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:12 am
Guybrush wrote:You let him try to go inside then, where bigs will take him over. Or, you play someone taller on him, Klay for instance, and he can say goodbye to even attempt at a three like that. And it was just one fade away three.

well, he would go inside and pull up a jumper, or if he took two non-defernsive bigs in lee-landry to himself, he will pass for an open three, that's pretty much what portland did. took every available 3 pointer.
klay guarding him? are you kidding me? he can't guard quicker twos, not to mention ones. no chance.
they put green on him at the end of 4th, which stopped him for one possesion. for multiple ones? i don't think it would have worked.
he couldn't miss to save his life, so to say. there's no defense for unpredictability and 'jesus mode'.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:26 am
Klay did play D on him in the end, and got Lillard to turn the ball over. Klay is not that bad on D, he has problems with stronger SGs like Iguodala.

Return to Game Threads