Video Game Thread + Gamer Tag Listing

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:56 am
The previous thread was long dead, so here's a fresh start. I'll keep an updated list of everybody's PSN/XBL/Steam/etc names here.

PSN
PAWNO: Hiphopothomas

Steam
JREED: GinSwigga

Planetside 2
JREED: GinSwigga - Server: Genudine (US West)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:12 pm
What inspired me to resurrect this discussion is the game that has been responsible for me getting absolutely nothing done outside of work (and encroaching on that a little too)... Planetside 2 http://www.planetside2.com/ This game is insane - the largest FPS I've ever played (I think in existence).

Thousands of players, three factions, competing for control over three massive (I mean MASSIVE) continents in a persistent (never ending) war. Oh and it's free to play, their business model is based on micro-transactions like buying new guns and stuff, but everything is attainable without spending any actual money - it just takes forever.

I highly recommend the game to anyone with a PC that can play it - it's a little CPU intensive but you can get by with a minimally spec'd rig on low settings. You will need a GFX card tho... my rig plays it on full settings:

Intel i5 2500K (Sandy Bridge)
Gigabyte Radeon 6950 (modded/unlocked to 6970)
8 GB RAM

Anyways, here is a trailer:

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:19 pm
LOL... Dude referring to his computer as his rig.

I am PS3 : Hiphopothomas

But I ain't played a videogame since Madden 2011. I'll let you all know when I'm backonline... Prolly when GTAV hits shelves.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:49 pm
"Rig" is pretty common terminology when referring to a home assembled pc. Just sayin...

I've really fallen off the video game world over the past few years. Games can only hold my attention for a few days or so anymore, but planetside has captivated me for a month now.

I'm so burned out on CoD, Madden and RPGs - just going through the same motions year after year, title after title. I don't get that from ps2 where the sheer variability of thousands of players fighting for the same goal creates a different experience every time you play.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:50 pm
Man, you are really hooking me on that thing, and I have a wife and kid now. lol I'm really thinking of giving it a go.

I have these PC configurations:
AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor (3.10 GHz)
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7800

I only don't like it when you can re-spawn every time as a completely different character/soldier. Somehow it's a thrill killer for me. One of the things that is stopping me for downloading the game right now. I mean, what's the point of character creation then?

I guess it's because I'm, like you, sucker for RPGs, and now can't get over some things that I love there, even though I'm not playing those game like before. I still play Skyrim from time to time, and Dishonored has been fun, but it's not a pure RPG, a lot of FPS elements.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:13 pm
You respawn as different classes if you want, but character progression is still just that - you spend certs or station cash on your different classes, but it's the same character, unless you choose to have multiple characters.

All I can say is, try it out. As I'm sure you know, your RIG (@pawno - :wink:) will handle the game. You may have to turn down a few settings here and there, but you should come close to max settings. What is your 7800 (7850, 7870, etc)?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:58 pm
I'll see if I can find some time in the near future. I might give it a shot. Just have to wait at least a week or two, still baby demands attention, and she is close to that point where she will be quieter, and won't ask for me to carry her whenever her stomach hurts. :)

It's:
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD7850 2GB GDDR5 256bit - 11200-01-20G
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:02 am
So whats the verdict.

PS 4 or Xbox one.

I'm gonna get whatever most of my friends have at the time i decide to buy one.

Thus far looks like PS 4. But I've heard such good things about Microsoft.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:07 pm
PC all the way! ::lol:

Return to Off-Topic Forum