Andrew Bogut vs. Jarret Jack

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

If you coud only Bring back only one, Bogut or Jack, who would you take?

Jarret Jack
30%
Andrew Bogut
70%

Total votes : 10

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:13 pm
We have all seen what Jarret Jack brings to this team. His value is undeniable.
We are winning games without Bogut, but are sure that he will make the team better.

However, with Jack being a Free Agent next season and us being over the luxuary limit, it is not likely we will be able to bring Jack back without clearing some space via trade.
The prefered choice would be to trade RJ and/or Beans to clear cap space, but realistically what team would take those contracts unless we also gave them an arm and a leg?
Another choice could be trading Bogut for some expiring contracts, clearing 15 mil off of next seasons cap space. This would free up enough space to bring back Jack and keep the chemistry going.
Problem is, you would lose out on the a potentially healthy Bogut.

If you could bring back only 1 of these two players next season, which would it be?
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:14 pm
RJ & Beans contracts will be expiring contracts!!!

Good general manager would be able to work a deal with Jack knowing those 2 guys would be off the books season after next.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:18 pm
BTW GSW Hoops fan.

Nice Q, Way to alienate the fanbase :D with our cornerstone 7 footer who might of seen a handful of minutes due to injury comparing with the integeral veteran who has played a ton of minutes and helped steer this turnaround.

Kind of like asking an 8 year old kid "If you had the choice between Broccoli and ice cream for dinner, which one would be better" & the kid giving a answer based on taste and ignoring Boguts Broccoli nutritional value.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:20 pm
That is the dilema I have been thinking about recently, how do we keep Jack and Landry ? I think Landry has an option on his contract, i am sure some team will throw a little bit more money at him, I hope not.

I voted Bogut, because like a Rhino horn he is rare, centers are a dying breed. I am all for waiting till he gets back healthy, and see how it goes. I have not thought thoroughly about how the front office hope to keep Jack and Landry next season, but hope they get it done.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:17 pm
The most important thing is to have a winning season, because if Jack and Landry leave they'll be easily replaced by FAs who want to win.

Bogut must be kept, he means that much to winning. You don't get proven great Centers easily anymore and we have one now.

Barnes will only get better, same for Klay, maybe even Green and Ezeli, so the team will improve and form a core as such for the future, which Jack and Landry may not be a part of.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:35 am
With Bogut we can be elite. Our simple rating system is seventh in the league right now. That's an elite mark. Bogut would make us a contender, at least he should based on past production.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:25 pm
PAWNO wrote:BTW GSW Hoops fan.

Nice Q, Way to alienate the fanbase :D with our cornerstone 7 footer who might of seen a handful of minutes due to injury comparing with the integeral veteran who has played a ton of minutes and helped steer this turnaround.

Kind of like asking an 8 year old kid "If you had the choice between Broccoli and ice cream for dinner, which one would be better" & the kid giving a answer based on taste and ignoring Boguts Broccoli nutritional value.

ROFL! nice way to put it Pawno.
My thinking was more along the lines of who would make the biggest impact for our team... a potential all star center, or a potential 6th man of the year.
I don't think it is a clear cut choice and didn't want to put Jack on a an untouchable pedistool, nor make Bogut to appear like the bland "broccoli" choice.

I would love to keep both, but don't see that happening unless someone bites on taking RJ and/or Beans.
I am actually torn in my decision because the league is going to a smaller lineup. There are not a lot of eleite centers out there.
We could be able to groom Ezeli to be a good center, and then play a small lineup. Will that be good enough to get us deep into the playoffs?
I don't know. Maybe having a healthy Bogut would allow us to take advantage of all those teams that are going small. If so that could be a nice receipe for going deep into the playoffs.
However I am worried that losing Jack would mean losing more then just that backup PG position, I like that though guy mentatility/ swag he brings.

Right now I am going with Jack just because I think he makes Curry and the rest of the back court crew better. Let's see if Bogut can come back from injury and change me opinion :-o
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:44 pm
As with all Bogut hypotheticals, it's totally dependent on his health.

If he's in the lineup every game, this isn't even a question.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:16 pm
If Jack is gone, I really don't know a big PG, that can replace him. The good thing about Jack is he brings many intangibles beyond basketball, also he can play PG, and have Curry slide to the SG position. I really can't think of a replacement for him.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:48 am
Does anyone not see Jarrett Jack as this years Nate Robinson?
great chemistry off the bench, but a position that's easily replaceable.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:19 am
PAWNO wrote:Does anyone not see Jarrett Jack as this years Nate Robinson?
great chemistry off the bench, but a position that's easily replaceable.

Jack is much better than Nate.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:27 am
Simple as this - PGs are much easier to find than great Centers. Really is a nobrainer. Jack has been near the best in his career this season, but doesn't improve the team that much, not like Bogut does.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball