Game Thread: Los Angeles Clippers @ Warriors 2013-01-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:44 pm
Los Angeles Clippers (24 - 6) @ Golden State Warriors (21 - 10)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Festus Ezeli
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Clippers:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - DeAndre Jordan
PF - Blake Griffin
SF - Caron Butler
SG - Willie Green
PG - Chris Paul

Team leaders:
PPG - D. Lee (20.0) | B. Griffin (18.2)
RPG - D. Lee (11.2) | B. Griffin (8.9)
APG - S. Curry (6.4) | C. Paul (9.4)
SPG - S. Curry (1.6) | C. Paul (2.6)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.0) | D. Jordan (1.5)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:14 am
This'll be interesting.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:52 am
There won't be a better time to get some media attention, than by beating these annoying pricks, while they are on the winning streak.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:38 am
Great test this week, I'll happily to take a split with them. Amazing that the Clippers have won 16 in a row and we're still only 3.5 games behind them.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:45 am
A win in this one, even a split would be HUGE. On a side note I have to admit that I like the Kia/Blake Griffin commercials. The "All you do is dunk in that game" comment is priceless.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:23 am
Is that your spaceship ? no its much better than that. lol.

Anyways, I was having the discussion with one of my friends I said Chris Paul is under-rated, they all said "NO". But I meant under-rated in the sense, while he is the best point guard, compared to scores like Lebron, Rose (when healthy), Durant, Kobe, they don't give him serious consideration for MVP. I know basketball is a league more focus on scoring but Chris Paul with his average size, is creating shots, playing winning ball, take him of the Clippers then obviously they wouldn't close to as good as they are.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:32 pm
CP3 is regarded as the best point guard by almost everyone. In terms of MVP talks, he's always involved.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:42 pm
OK I will pose the question this way then, with the likes of Lebron, Durant, do you guys see him winning an MVP award ? I mean I know Steve Nash won the award back in the day, so I guess passing PGs do get recognition.

I guess its just me under-rating Chris Paul, when I see him, I see an average athlete, average height, nothing to flashy, I mean yes he throw ally opps to Blake Griffin, but damn he just gets it done. He runs a team so well, its crazy.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:45 pm
December was so easy, can't wait till January. The toughest month for our warriors. There will be blood.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:20 pm
I want this back to back against the clips. They're too 'prima donna' to my liking. It's something about Blake Griffin and CP3 and the flopping. I loved Matt Barnes when he was with us, and I still like him now, but I just hate when we play against him. There's something about Crawford that I don't like as well. I hate that he's so dangerous on offense, but I hate it even more that no one ever takes advantage of his defensive incapabilities when he's on the floor. Their jerseys too. That thing annoys the ish outa me. At the very least I hope we split the next two.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:55 pm
The showdown of the season so far for the team. It's at home so a win is huge. The team can really be seen as a serious one by winning this one.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:39 am
I don't believe in the whole due thing, but damn I hope the Clippers beat the Nuggets. That would make me feel better.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:15 pm
Lol why all the hate on Clippers. At least none of them are ball hoggers like Kobe or annoying fault makers like Martin. Clippers are so fun to watch.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:08 pm
The only player I find fun to watch is Paul. That's it. There's a friend of mine that likes them, and he is now so full of himself, after the stretch they had, but when they were beaten by Warriors, he was nowhere to be found. Then there is the ultimate flop king - Blake Griffin. And it's not like Vlade used to do it, position himself and get ready to fall so his opponent would get called for an offensive foul, it's that garbage he does, with flailing his hands, looking at the refs after almost every play...etc. There's more I'm sure, but I don't want to think of it. Blake is quite enough for me.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:07 pm
Blake Griffin has been pretty elite defensively this year contrary to popular belief and is a big part of the reason the clippers are now actual contenders instead of pseudo contenders.

Should be a good match up between Lee and Griffin along with Chris Paul and Stephen Curry.
Next

Return to Game Threads