Game Thread: Warriors @ Utah Jazz 2012-12-26

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:12 pm
Great first half, Curry on fire, the jazz have mediocre players, playing mediocre ball.

I saw Curry at halftime warming up and his face looked real focused, didnt know it was going to transpire into such a brilliant game.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:17 pm
8th ave wrote:try firstrowsports.eu or ilemi.eu

first row had terrible links, it seems one on ilemi is better, though still jazz, thanks :)
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:28 pm
And1 Klay. nice

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:18 pm
very good win. it's not easy for anyone at jazz. we made it look like a cakewalk.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 pm
Good win, as expected.

You gotta handle the garbage teams and the Warriors put the Jazz to bed without a hitch.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:41 pm
Warriors don't turn it over a lot anymore.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:58 am
Game notes:

- Utah strikes me as a team with no identity. Marvin Williams, Burks, Favors... Oh, you're an athletic team who runs? No... The offense actually feeds through slow, unathletic options like Jefferson and Milsap. Oh, I get it! Post game, like Memphis! So you surround your bigs with shooters then? Uhhh, not really. All the perimeter players (Mo, Hayward, Tinsley, Marvin) shoot a mediocre mid-30% from deep, Watson and Burks shoot below 20% on their threes, and the only guy knocking them down (Foye, 39%) cancels out his effectiveness by taking 60% of his shots from behind the arc. Wow. Last season, we had a slew of JazzFanz residents troll our board and squeal about our team "tanking" to get a good pick... I looked over their forum after last night's game and guess what the majority of them are clamoring to do? Tank! Hahaha, hypocrites.

- We take David Lee for granted... Or at least, I do. I thought he looked invisible last night, yet his end of game stat line is another 18 and 9 game, 2 dimes, a swipe and a swat. So basically, I'm holding him to a 20/10 line on a nightly basis and even excellent games that barely miss the mark seem pedestrian, to Lee's standards. What a player that guy has turned into. Worth every damn penny.

- Alec Burks is intriguing; those 9 points and 8 boards were all very loud for a guy who only shot 4-11. If he can learn to knock down any sort of jumper outside the paint, he's gonna be a player. That being said, I was still dead ass wrong last year when I wanted him at the Klay Thompson spot in the 2011 Draft. That's why Myers and Riley get paid the big bucks I guess.

- DFavors is a real chump. Tough guy when it's Jarrett Jack (7 inches smaller), but he sure got the heck outta dodge when Landry hit the fray. Haha p*ssy! I loved the refs' handling of that whole situation. Jack was wrong to bark, Favors was wrong to shove... But none of that even goes down if Kanter doesn't throw a tantrum about getting fouled. Guess they play WNBA ball in Turkey.

- Steph Curry.... Notice how all the guys worried about that ankle, thinking we needed to deal him while his value was high are all nice and quiet now? Franchise, baby. Franchise. At $11 million per? He's looking like the steal of the league.

- I'd actually like to see Bazemore get some additional run; we could use a gritty perimeter defender with length. Can't say the same about Tyler; that kid looks like a big time flop so far.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:40 pm
Haha, funny 32.

As far as Bazemeore and Tyler, I think you are right about Kent B, he should get some minutes as a defender who brings some grit to the perimeter.
Where does he get mins though as our best lineup is Jack, Curry, Thompson plus 2 bigs. Maybe you give Bazemore the mins Jenkins is getting...
Jenkins is always on when Curry or Jack are on anyways. I like Jenkins, but he isn't as good of a defender as Bazemore.

As far as Tyler, I wouldn't say he is a bust. I would give a young Big like him at least 4 years to develop into a decent backup. And he is doing well in the D-League, so he is better then any call up.
I say keep him around as a cheap 3rd string backup. He is big enough to play the 5 too, but quick enough to guard the 4. I would give him 2 more seasons to see what he can become.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:47 pm
Very good win and Curry indeed is looking like good value so far this season. Looks like that contract is a good one right now.

This team is for real and winning games on the road against good teams. The Jazz have very good bigs and the team outdid them.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads