Game Thread: Los Angeles Lakers @ Warriors 2012-12-22

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:14 pm
Damn it, I can't believe it we lost this one.

I wanted Harrison in overtime, he kept us in the game during the last minutes of the fourth, and you can't defend with Curry, Jack and Thompson in the game.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:20 pm
Should have went at Howard to get his 6th foul earlier. We just had no answer for Kobe defensively. Klay has been good on some big names, but he still has a ways to go. Ezeli really needs to work on his hands. Good game though.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:46 pm
JREED wrote:We just had no answer for Kobe defensively.

Kobe had no answer for his shooting percentage going into the 3rd.

10 for 29.. That's a ugly performance. But down the stretch he finished the game 16 for 41.

If your in a game and you shoot above 50% in the 4th Quarter, Good things will happen.

Anyways not to worry. I'd love to see these 2 teams in a playoff series :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:44 am
Those Lakers are perhaps the biggest thorn in the teams' side in history.

Should have been a win.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:58 am
Oh well
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:38 pm
Game notes:

- the Laker contingency in the Oracle crowd is loud, but high-pitched and shrill. Which means one thing: skeezers and punk ass children. No team in the league has the band wagon crowd that LA sports. It's annoying but I find it humorous that their cheers are so much higher in pitch than the Warriors' crowd. Sounds like Leonidas troops chanting against their wives.

- Kobe Bryant took over in the final 2 periods, plain and simple. Dunno why Jackson swapped Barnes off him for Thompson. The rookie handled Kobe MUCH more convincingly through 3 quarters than Klay did in the 4th/OT. I'll take Kobe chucking 41 shots any damn day of the week, but Jackson needs to check himself on these Klay Thompson assignments late in ball games. He got away with it letting Mayo abuse him in 4/OT against Dallas, but Kobe burned him last night and the Lakers were sputtering to find offense outside of #24 (Jordan Hill looked like their next best bet... That means you're shutting them down). Klay, for all his good qualities, is not the guy you put on the other team's best scorer and I hope MJax makes the adjustment.

- Too bad Thompson and Curry didn't exploit Nash the way Jack did; our starting backcourt only shot 35%. Kudos to the Lakers' D, but Steph needs to know when to blow out the pilot light. When you're bricking 8-for-23, it's time to spread it around. Jack and Lee were on fire but still took a backseat to Curry in attempts. Barkley said it best: Nash couldn't defend at age 30. He's especially useless now and every play they didn't take it at him was a waste.

- Did Dwight Howard play last night...?

- I hate Pau Gasol. He is easily my least favorite player in the league. I cannot STAND his girly, blood curdling squeal whenever he shoots it inside. I feel like everytime I watch this fool take it up in the paint, his mouth is open and he's yelping like a ho. For real:

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:02 pm
LOL 32, funny stuff about Pau.

This was a dang good and exciting game to watch. Even with a loss, this team just battles and plays good ball.
Sucks they blew a 14 pt 4th qtr lead though. I noticed Mark Jackson changed it up going with Ezeli to finish the game and guard
D12. I get his thinking needing size, but the Jack Curry Klay Lee Landry has been a winning tough formula late in games. It's more of monday morning
QB thing though because each of those could be argued after the fact. I think we needed to go to D Lee late, as he's usually
good for a bucket / one of the more consistent options.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:27 pm
I can handle losing to the Lakers. Getting beaten by the Kings and the Magic is what frustrates me.
Previous

Return to Game Threads