Game Thread: Warriors @ Sacramento Kings 2012-12-19

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:55 pm
Golden State Warriors (17 - 8) @ Sacramento Kings (7 - 17)

Start time: 7:00 PM PST @ Sleep Train Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Festus Ezeli
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Sacramento Kings:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - DeMarcus Cousins
PF - Jason Thompson
SF - John Salmons
SG - Francisco Garcia
PG - Aaron Brooks

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (19.7) | D. Cousins (16.6)
RPG - D. Lee (11.5) | D. Cousins (9.8)
APG - S. Curry (6.5) | T. Evans (3.3)
SPG - S. Curry (1.7) | D. Cousins (1.3)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.0) | J. Thompson (1.0)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 pm
I have a bad feeling about this one, man. I just do.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:29 pm
Another payback game. Hopefully this one the team wins

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:04 am
I am going to be at this game supporting the team on the road, hope we win... hope i don't get stabbed or beat up....
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:13 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:I am going to be at this game supporting the team on the road, hope we win... hope i don't get stabbed or beat up....

It's Sacramento, man. Warriors fans always show up in that arena.

Also I always found that basketball environments are a lot less hostile than football environments. You're gonna go and think, "what the hell was I worried about?"
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 pm
If we lose to the kings our losses are

Two Kings
Two Magic
Lakers, Grizzlies, Thunder, Two Nuggets, Clippers

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:28 pm
**** the Kings and their bullshit.

I hate the ****ing refs. I ****ing hate the 60 percent three point mark for the shitty-ass Kings.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:48 am
Two teams I hate losing to the most the Fakers and the queens.

It was just a horrible game to watch until the fourth quarter. The defense got torched, they looked like how the warriors are supposed to look. Ezeli is degressing. Landry took too long to get hot, klay had bad game as well. In order for the warriors to win it has to be a collective effort as we have seen in previous wins.

Damn damn hate losing to those scrubs.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:33 am
The defense was fine. And I know 131, defense got torched. That's misleading as ****. 60 percent on threes is unsustainable. So that's a thing.

And then you have the refs who decided they hate touching.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:46 am
Blackfoot wrote:The defense was fine. And I know 131, defense got torched. That's misleading as ****. 60 percent on threes is unsustainable. So that's a thing.

And then you have the refs who decided they hate touching.

I wont give credit where credit is due lol. I mean thats a good stat .60 on threes, i am on my phone and cant bring up how many threes they made but damn is there a way to solve that. Their guards just seemed to be a step quicker.

There were too many iffy calls in particular the ones cousins kept picking up, he always seems to get the best of us.

There is something about quicker guards and massive big men that always get the warriors.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:53 am
It was like every queens guard was on, brooks, thorton, fredette, isiah Thomas. Perimeter defense whether it means sticking like glue, running through screens, what ever it takes to contest those shots, also staying infront of your man. Grrr these scrubs

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:14 am
No matter how bad the defense is no team will shoot 60 percent on threes. This was a fluke. Warriors didn't do anything wrong.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:56 pm
a lot, and i mean a LOT terrible calls, whenever we got momentum, bang, barnes offensive foul, cousins' random drive to the hoop flailing his arms and getting the call. oh, yeah, and a scrub 3 point shooting team shooting it 11-19.
oh, and cousins not getting T'ed up mocking refs after a charge call.
flopper of the year, that big man.

anyway we could have won, despite all that, so let's not get our morale down.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:46 pm
Game notes:

- Fitz kept prattling on about the Kings' 3-point-shooting being the difference. Really? The Kings DID hit 58% from deep, but the Warriors hit 50% in their own right and actually knocked down 1 more trey than Sacramento did (12 to their 11). In my opinion, a 42 to 25 free-throw disparity is much more troublesome. When you win by 4 after attempting 17 more free throws than your competition, the check for the refs was clearly in the mail. DeMarcus Cousins and Jimmer Ferdette combined for 39 points on only 8 field goals. What an unbelievably choreographed victory for the Kings.

- DeMarcus Cousins is good. Damn good. Like, in 2 years, he might be the top big in the league kinda good. But that fool deserves the flopping fine after last night. There wasn't a single play inside where he wasn't flailing his arms, kicking his legs, squealing like Pau, and mugging the refs like a spoiled child if they dared not reward his grotesque acting jobs (which wasn't even very often). On the absolutely real, I lost a ton of respect for Keith Smart after seeing just how severely he babies Cousins' ego. I'd heard about it, but until last night it was never THAT obvious. I'm surprised neither of them got T'd up for their tantrums in the second half. Jeez, you'd think THEY were the ones getting screwed with half the free-throws based on how much they whined...

- I was absolutely shocked to see Jackson completely disregard Dirty Landry after Carl hit 4 consecutive field goals without missing to bring us back into the game. Nobody in purple could guard him on the block and it was obvious. Usually, Jackson keeps playing a matchup if it works, but Landry didn't see another field goal after scoring 8 straight for the Warriors and ended the night with 14 and 5, though you gotta wonder if things would have worked out differently had the Dubs kept feeding it inside and Carl kept getting buckets/fouls. He and David Lee were 17-of-25. Why in the hell does Jackson even run any guard plays with Klay and Barnes shooting like crap?

- Sure. The free throws were tough. Steph Curry fouling out was a blow. But the dagger was a Marcus Thorton 3, pushing the lead to 4 with under 2 minutes left, that came seconds after David Lee SPECIFICALLY instructed Jack not to leave his man. Jack was getting his buckets last night, and I never like to place blame on one single guy, but I'm putting that one on JJ. If Thorton misses that 3, it's a whole different game.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:49 pm
I noticed that same thing with Jack. Why in the name of god would you leave your man open?

And, unfortunately, as I was saying before, on some other thread, Green still has to improve his perimeter D, cause in the end, after Jack (or was it before?) made a mistake, he was late to contest the shot, which I've been saying he is prone to do.

But, OK, 1 loss, well 2 against the King, but we will bounce back, and be better for it.
Next

Return to Game Threads