How's Andrew Bogut's Rehab going?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:49 pm
migya wrote:It has been readily known for the last three or four years that Monta was highly valued by Warriors fans only. Seemed like most fans of other teams and quite a number of nba analysts didn't think Monta was as good as his stats and I agreed and still do. I don't think the team would have gotten as much for Monta as Bogut and that was only because he was injured when traded for.

Oh, I don't think Monta Ellis could net you anything better than Andrew Bogut. If Bogey were healthy, this would be thief in the night type sh*t.

But if Bogut can't play 5 continuous games anymore... I'd rather have dealt Monta and Udoh for Gortat, a trade exception, and Phoenix's 2014 pick. An injured Bogut is not an asset.

Or, rather, a chronically-injured Bogut is not an asset. If Andrew Bogut comes back 100% and has a miraculous recovery where he's suddenly able to play a full season and not crumble, then good trade. But if he's as fragile and brittle as he seems now, than this was a dud compensation for a tradeable asset.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:55 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:It has been readily known for the last three or four years that Monta was highly valued by Warriors fans only. Seemed like most fans of other teams and quite a number of nba analysts didn't think Monta was as good as his stats and I agreed and still do. I don't think the team would have gotten as much for Monta as Bogut and that was only because he was injured when traded for.

Oh, I don't think Monta Ellis could net you anything better than Andrew Bogut. If Bogey were healthy, this would be thief in the night type sh*t.

But if Bogut can't play 5 continuous games anymore... I'd rather have dealt Monta and Udoh for Gortat, a trade exception, and Phoenix's 2014 pick. An injured Bogut is not an asset.

Or, rather, a chronically-injured Bogut is not an asset. If Andrew Bogut comes back 100% and has a miraculous recovery where he's suddenly able to play a full season and not crumble, then good trade. But if he's as fragile and brittle as he seems now, than this was a dud compensation for a tradeable asset.

That trade for Gortat would have been nice. I still think Bogut will be a major factor, but yea, if he is constantly injured he is no real asset.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:36 pm
Stairway Man wrote:
J1000 wrote:I'd been saying they should trade Monta for years. After the year they beat Dallas in the playoffs, it was clear to me, he's just not a winning ballplayer. I always wanted them to trade him while his value was sky high, with a pick or another player, for a quality big man. Of course that's easier said than done, as teams don't just let a good big man go. Now with the Bogut deal....I mean look, Bogut is not even playing, and the team is already better without Monta. I just don't think he's a winning ballplayer if he is one of the guys that the team focuses its play around. As more of a role player or backup I think he'd be most effective.

As for Bogut, yes it is very disappointing, as we all were told and expected him to be healthy for the beginning of the season. Now some doctors are saying it could take a whole year to recover. At this point I guess I have no choice but to be okay with that. The strange thing is that he is only under contract for one more year after this....so if he doesn't really get to play this year, or get back to his old form, then next year will be his big contract year.....and if he has a big year then, will the Warriors be able to afford him in free agency ? If he doesn't play that great they could re-sign him without breaking the bank. But if he plays really well he would command a big contract. Which I guess would make that last contract year the "do or die" year for them to make a playoff run. This is all speculation. Who knows, maybe he will be perfectly healthy for the last 25 games this year and lead the Warriors into the playoffs. That would be crazy. But realistically, it's starting to look more and more like it's going to take him a year to be 100%, if he ever will be.

When you say a year, do you mean a year from now or from the injury?

From the date of the surgery, which was April of this year. A year is just a guess. It's all speculation. But the best thing you can do for something like that is to simply stay off it completely, until it is well well beyond healed. There should be absolutely zero discomfort. Then you can start running on it again.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:06 am
For sure a high risk, high reward trade. But the bigger risk was a team with Monta Ellis still on it -- stifling team ball, stifling Curry and KT's development, and fueling the Warriors endless cycle of mediocrity the minute they decided to make Monta "the man."
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:51 am
Bump!!!

Does anyone have a injury update on Beergut's ankle?

We are rolling. Maybe being up 8 games from 500 means we are playing it safe and giving him a bit more rehab time. wghen we drop to 500 or under then we will inject him back into our lineup.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:51 am
PAWNO wrote:Bump!!!

Does anyone have a injury update on Beergut's ankle?

We are rolling. Maybe being up 8 games from 500 means we are playing it safe and giving him a bit more rehab time.

I've been tweeting our beat writers MTII and Matt Steinmetz but they haven't gotten back to me. I'm curious too. I'm putting the onus on you and migya to find out since you guys are aussies.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:55 am
8th ave wrote:
I've been tweeting our beat writers MTII and Matt Steinmetz but they haven't gotten back to me. I'm curious too. I'm putting the onus on you and migya to find out since you guys are aussies.

LOL..

Doesn't matter we are steamrolling.

If it aint broken no need to fix it (our hot rotation that is?)

He will be a force if he comes back healthy. If not then he has got the "busted big-man" Greg Oden, Sam Bowie tag riddled with injuries. I think he will be Ok. I think they'll have an announcement anyday soon. Hopefully we get him back before Christmas.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:00 am
Via Rusty Simmons

Neither Andrew Bogut nor Festus Ezeli practiced Monday, but both are doing light shooting drills.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:05 am
This is a little off topic, but when looking for Bogut updates I came across Golden State of Mind.... how the FUK do you navigate that page. Jesus christ.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 am
Agree, definitely one of the worst sites/pages that I have ever ran across the internet. They need a new designer...like yesterday.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 pm
Yeah, goldenstateofmind has been horrible since they switched their site format. However, in their defense it wasn't just them it was all the sites under the SB Nation banner. And there are a lot! It's a major reason why I came to this site: user friendly.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:49 pm
I read some of their fan articles (breezed through 2 of them) and it sounds like they have no clue what they're talking about. Couple that with the sites layout and you have a complete disaster.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:33 pm
You guys in Oakland have better contact than us in Australia about Bogut right now, he is over there isn't he?

I want him to be 100% before he returns, as the team is on a run and doesn't need him at anything but full strength.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:33 am
David Lee has 15 double-doubles in 20 games since Bogut was shut down. He's averaging 20.8 points, 11.8 rebounds, and 3.4 assists in that 20 game block. Before Bogut was on the DL, Lee was averaging 14.4 points, 9.6 rebounds, and 3.4 assists (rounded off nicely by a 6-dime game versus Cleveland; his high mark of the year. Without that game, he was dishing just 2.8 assists). His field goal percentage has climbed from 45.5% with Bogut to 54.3% without him.

By no means am I saying we stall the return of Bogut to satisfy Lee's fantasy numbers... I'm simply saying that Lee's elite level of play has turned Bogut's return into an afterthought... For now. Best believe, the second Golden State gets cold and hits a skid, the #1 issue will be Andrew Bogut's return date. But so long as the team keeps bouncing back after losses, stays well above .500, and Lee keeps playing like the alpha power forward of the game, we'll all be more than happy to give Bogut as much time as he needs.

Lets see how liberal we all are about this once we actually need him.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:14 pm
Last night vs the kings we could really have used Bogut's inside presence.. that would have been a game changer for us.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball