Jrue Holiday

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:04 pm
Anyone noticed Holidays' play this year? He plays at an allstar-like level right now and are carrying 76'ers, despite Bynum's love for bowling.. I didn't see him develop that quickly, but on the other hand: the season is long and he could take a dip. If he does what he had done in a couple of months in a row, now, that's an other conversation.

Will he become an allstar this year? Why/why not? And to you expect Holiday to put 18/9-like numbers up the rest of the season? I expect him beeing an 17/7-8-player the rest of the year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:03 pm
Holiday's ballin, but the Sixers play in a strong division where the Knicks and Nets have drastically improved from last season, the Celtics are getting it together, and Toronto is better than their 4-16 record (holy sh*t, 4 and 16?... I had no idea they were doing that poorly).

Bynum doesn't improve Holiday's game when he returns; if anything, he slows him down and takes him out of his fast-paced, run-and-gun paradise where he can bomb 3's and collect easy dimes. Right now, the Sixers are running with 4-5 shooters on the floor at all times. Spencer Hawes has range; Andrew Bynum does not.

So, in short, yeah, Holiday is definitely a savv, but he plays the most stacked current position in the NBA and I doubt he makes an all-star team in his career. But with Wall and Rose on the shelf for the first half this year, it's not impossible. You figure Rondo starts, DWill is first off the bench... then it's really a race between Jrue and Jennings (and Holiday is acing that matchup thus far this year).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:58 am
32 wrote:Holiday's ballin, but the Sixers play in a strong division where the Knicks and Nets have drastically improved from last season, the Celtics are getting it together, and Toronto is better than their 4-16 record (holy sh*t, 4 and 16?... I had no idea they were doing that poorly).

Bynum doesn't improve Holiday's game when he returns; if anything, he slows him down and takes him out of his fast-paced, run-and-gun paradise where he can bomb 3's and collect easy dimes. Right now, the Sixers are running with 4-5 shooters on the floor at all times. Spencer Hawes has range; Andrew Bynum does not.

So, in short, yeah, Holiday is definitely a savv, but he plays the most stacked current position in the NBA and I doubt he makes an all-star team in his career. But with Wall and Rose on the shelf for the first half this year, it's not impossible. You figure Rondo starts, DWill is first off the bench... then it's really a race between Jrue and Jennings (and Holiday is acing that matchup thus far this year).

Celtics getting it together? Toronto better than their record? Jrue and JENNINGS (wait, JENNNINGS?!) in a race for All-Star?

LOL. I'm confused.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:38 pm
Health is the main factor.

The Celts are 5-3 in the last 8 games; raising their record to 2 games above .500. Don't forget: their starting 2 has yet to make his season debut. I'd take them in a series over Philly come May; they're deeper and tougher.

And yeah. Jennings is taking off. 18.5 points at 52% during his past 7 games, on a team with a shot-dominator like Ellis (compared to Jrue, who takes as many shots as he wants). Right now, Holiday is at 18 and 9, but Jennings is at 17 and 6 while being 2nd in the league in SPG. February is a ways away. We'll see how it ends up.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to NBA Forum