Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 am
- Round 1 of MKG v Barnes goes as planned... Glitzy stats (17, 7, and 3), MKG... but the W comes home with Barnes. Fitzy couldn't stop pointing out the hitch in Kidd-Gilchrist's jumper and boy does it look hideous. You wouldn't know it by his 49.7% FG average on the season, though. When MKG gets a head of steam, he looks Maggette-esque en route to the rim, but without Corey's fatal flaw of never passing. Could definitely be special if he can knock down an 18-footer (which, last night, he couldn't).
- It is absolutely mind-boggling that some people were ripping David Lee after we signed him. 25 and 11 just seems like another day at the office at this point... when was the last time we had a PF like that? 10-of-14 shooting, 5 free throws, and his typical 4 assists to go along with stellar (you read that right) defense; holding Mullens to a 6-for-14 night in which he only mustered 4 rebounds. BEAST MODE, thy name is DLee...
- Steph sure torpedo'd his shooting percentage in the 4th quarter last night, but 27-7-7 is absolutely nothing to sniff at. And, as I stated 5 weeks ago but is still true today: the only players averaging more points than Steph who ALSO average more assists are Russell Westbrook and LeBron James. He's overtaken Lillard... and with that assist-average climbing (6.5 per), LeBron (6.8 per) is no longer comfortably in front of him either. Curry is playing at a level that only 7 or 8 other cats in the WHOLE LEAGUE are playing at. What's even more impressive is that he might not even be the Warriors' best player at the moment (see above)...
- 7 looks for Klay seems extremely shallow. I don't need Jarrett Jack getting more jumpers off than Carl Landry, Klay Thompson, or Harrison Barnes. Jack has taken it upon himself to be the B-Team's #1 option (like Jefferson, earlier in the season) and is awfully Monta-looking with the way he keeps the ball for 17 seconds of every shot-clock. Sure, I like the 12 points, 5 boards, 6 dimes, and 5 steals. But at 3-for-11? Pass the rock, "point guard"! We need 9 assists more than we need your 12 points.
- Draymond Green wore the collar yesterday. 0-for-8. His saving grace was his 9 boards in 19 minutes, but damn. Play your position, bro. If you can't hit the 16-footer, quit hoisting it. Are you listening too, Jarrett??
- Chalk it up: another rebounding victory, another win in the dub column. That makes it 12-1, in games where they've out-rebounded their opponents, 0-1 in games they've tied on the glass, and 2-5 in games they've lost the rebounding battle. Hmmmm, if rebounding equals winning, and the team has been last in the league (30-of-30) in rebounding for 6 straight years, whats it mean that they're a top 3 rebounding team currently???
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD